Relief

Until You're Mine Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun had been alive for a very long time and during those years, he had rekindled his love with Minseok more times than any human could ever strive to recall. And of every time they had ever reunited, there was something incredibly unique about this moment.

 

It wasn’t the way the light streamed through the blinds and highlighted Minseok’s face in a warm glow, nor was the way that Baekhyun could feel every wonderful thud of Minseok’s heart against his own chest. There was no word to describe this reunion, though they’d been reconciled nearly a hundred times, because it was distinctly different from all the others. Somehow, it felt like it may be their last.

 

Surprisingly, Baekhyun took a deep, shuddering breath; something he had not deigned to do for a very long time.

 

Minseok turned his bright, almond eyes to stare into Baekhyun’s piercing red gaze. Baekhyun could feel as Minseok’s skin shivered and raised the hairs on his arms.

 

“Do vampires breathe?” Minseok asked in a quiet, innocent voice.

 

A twist of Baekhyun’s lip into an upward curve nearly had him laughing, “No.”

 

Minseok smiled at himself, bemused by his own ignorant question. It wasn’t necessarily his fault that he didn’t know, but it still felt like something perhaps he shouldn’t have needed to ask. That’s what the internet was for, right?

 

Baekhyun ran his cold fingers up and down Minseok’s arms, forcing another shiver to course through Minseok’s body.

 

“Then what was the sigh for?” Minseok implored, tracing a random pattern with the tip of his finger over the place where Baekhyun’s cold, lifeless heart rested in his chest.

 

Another desire to take a deep breath washed over Baekhyun in the most unusual way. There was something about being with Minseok that almost made him feel human; something he had never felt before. It was a definitive sensation of finality.

 

“Relief.” Baekhyun smiled - that was the word he had been searching for.

 

“Relief from what?” Minseok tilted his head and Baekhyun smiled at him, fangs flashing in the sunlight. Minseok shuddered involuntarily at the sight.

 

“I’m relieved to have you in my arms, despite everything. I’m relieved you’re here with me.” Baekhyun hummed, closing his eyes.

 

He missed the way Minseok blushed, but he could feel the growing warmth emanating from his face. Adorable.

 

“Sometimes I forget how cheesy you were… are… can be.” Minseok chuckled, plunging his face into Baekhyun’s neck, kissing him there softly.

 

“It’s your fault,” Baekhyun whispered, kissing the top of Minseok’s head in return.

 

Minseok scoffed and Baekhyun let out a louder laugh this time, his chest shaking. Baekhyun could feel the way Minseok’s smile grew against his neck.

 

If only everything could be like this always.

 

***

 

Luhan spent most of his lecture mindlessly chewing on the cap of his pen and lightly tapping his foot on the oddly carpeted flooring of the hall. He was slumped over, head resting in the palm of his hand, while staring off into the corner of the room where there was nothing particularly interesting taking place. The voice of the professor droned on like static in the far reaches of his mind.

 

Seemingly unaware of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter