Episode 6: The Fallen Snack pt. 2

H • I • J • K: YoonHyun One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Me, too”

Juhyun pulled back and stared at me while holding both of my shoulders. “Look at you, you’re so tall now” she grinned before patting my head like a kid. She gestured me to sit and so I did. I observed that she is on her uniform leading me to conclusion that she has school. 

“Hey, uhm do you have classes today? Am I disturbing you?” I asked looking at her eyes unsurely.

“No, of course not. Fortunately we have school activity and I got the chance to be out for a while.” She explained, I just stare at her looking like a dumb with stiff position grinning that almost split my face to half. Her gaze back at me and chuckle as she saw my stupid face.

“You like my stupid face right?”

She laughed this time making me chuckle a bit and relaxed myself. I shake my body a bit and sit in a usual way.

Wait, did I just talk to her straight in the eye? I mean, this is first time!

“Hey are you okay? You looked shocked” she stopped laughing and her eyes slowly showed worried.

“I’m fine” I gave her my sweet smile “… it’s just I talked comfortably with you”

She looked confuse frowning then just like a light bulb her face got brighten. “I almost forgot, you have an issue meeting new faces, right?” I nod slowly chuckling a bit as I rubbed the back of my neck feeling a bit shy. It is really a shame to be nothing but a potato who is afraid to socialize.

She smiled at me, the most sincere I’ve ever seen. She hold both of my hands trapping them between hers. I hold my breath as she started to slowly drawing circles on my hands, hers are just so soft. “Do you remember when you used to hold my hand when you’re afraid?”

That’s it! I remember now. How she saved me at the crowd when I was a kid and when I used to cling and hide behind her every time I get scared. 

-***-

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours, I just have the best conversation of my life catching up at the things we’ve missed but I know that she have to go. I already got much time with her. In an instant, I felt closer than before. I can also feel that she wanted to talk more but the time won’t permit us. She keeps on looking at her watch as if she is checking the time to go but she keeps on opening topics to talk about.

“Hey…” I grabbed her hand and looked in her eyes “… I know you have to go and I don’t want to keep you” 

She pouted and I know that she understands me right away. Her sad face slowly lighten up as she looked at me and her hands started to play with mine.

“Uh, Yoona-yah…” she said in an excited tone. She is like this since when we were young, using her cute voice and poking me everywhere, I know that she wanted something. “… can you come with me at the school? Please… I wanted to talk to you more” 

I blushed now that I realized she is not a cute kid anymore but a gorgeous lady and doing her aegyo to me made me feel something stir inside me. But then she just asked for something I can’t do. I sighed and forced a smile that shows no teeth.

“I’m sorry I think I stepped in the line… I got… excited…” she retracted her hand and keep it under the table keeping her eyes down.

 I suddenly felt sorry and guilty, I didn’t mean to make her sad in our first meeting. Maybe my unnies are right I should use this opportunity to meet people and overcome my fear. Besides she knows how to cool me down when things got worst. 

“I’m sorry…” 

“No, I’m going with you Juhyun. You’ll help me right?” 

Her face lighten as smile started to form on her face, “Perfect! Visitors are allowed since there is a school event. But are you sure you’re okay with this?” I nodded to her.

We paid for the food then pick up our things. I have a last glance at my three friends who are already done with stack of plates and now resting their heads on their hands supported by their elbows. Then we leave the café.

-***-

… the trio

“I can’t believe it…” 

“I’m so full…” 

“I don’t know why I liked listening to them…” 

Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Yuri has been there the whole time until the childhood friends decided to leave. They eavesdrop for hours. 

“I think they deserve to have a talk show and I will watch them until the sun down,” Yuri swirled the straw of her iced tea drink staring how it circle around the glass. 

“Yeah, they are quiet entertaining,” Sooyoung said exhaustedly

“Do you guys still have the energy to follow them?” Taeyeon suggested. The younger girls shook their heads surrendering to another round of spying.

“I’m late for practice. Let’s go” Yuri stood up followed by Sooyoung then Taeyeon. They pay before leaving the building.

“Wait!” 

The trio stopped right after they passed the door. A girl holding a leather wallet run towards them. 

“This must be yours Miss” the girl who is clad in an all over pink, which tells them that she is a staff of the café, handed the wallet to Taeyeon.

“Thank you…” Taeyeon’s eyes roam at the girl’s chest to look for her name plate then she found it on her left chest, “… Tiffany” 

“That’s our ta –“ before the girl could finish her sentence, Taeyeon stretched out her arms with a card in her hand.

“I wanted to thank you…” Taeyeon acts like a coy girl. The girl hissed crossing her arms on her chest with a ‘you’re-unbelievable’ face.

“I don’t need that Miss. YOUR.WELCOME!” the girl turned around then murmur “… tch stupid spoiled brats” before entering the café. 

“She generalized. Not all are stupid, just Taeyeon” Sooyoung said

“What did I do?”

“You offer her your credit card, dumbo” 

“WHAT?!”

“Let’s go. You can’t do anything about your stupidness, and oh don’t go to my practice, you ert” 

“B-but I just wanted… to give my… calling card…” Taeyeon stammered 

“Shhh… shhh… don’t worry this is not your story” Sooyoung earned a nudge from her statement.


Yoona’s POV
The school’s gate are open emitting a welcoming vibe for the guests. I should be shaking and backing out refusing to step any closer but since Juhyun is beside me I obtained strength and dared to walk past the gates. 

“If you feel uncomfortable, don’t hesitate to tell to me I will get you out of here immediately” her soft and calm voice assured me. I nod at her as I hold at her arm, tight enough to not let her go and firm enough to make her closer to me. I looked at the buildings most of the time getting myself familiar at the environment she is in. Since this is an all girl’s school I barely spot any guys around and if there are those were only visitors.

We end up at a decorated room with a fairy tale concept. It feels like stepping in a castle as even the smallest detail is prominen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter