Episode 2: Hide and Seek of Feelings

H • I • J • K: YoonHyun One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word

 

Aside from the word ‘Word’ atop of my laptop screen nothing is written. There is a blank virtual paper where letters will pop whenever I press the black square keys under my hand. I always love the softness of pressing these keys and how fast I can create a word within seconds. I will once again open the browser and read the comments my readers write after reading my previous stories, I have to make another chapter fast. Think Seohyun! Think!

 

The time says 9:00 PM. I still have to hit the bed at 11 and sleep at 12.

 

“Aha! I-!”

 

Doksugong doldamgil~

 

I picked up the annoying phone beside my laptop and put it on my right ear. With this ringtone I already know who this person is as she ‘personally’ choose this song to become her ‘personal’ ringtone. I don’t have much time to change it anyway so I guess this sound will stay for a while.

 

“What do you want Yoona?!”

 

“Aww… why so grumpy? Let’s meet at the cafeteria tomorrow? I will bring your favorite goguma~”

 

“I know what you want. You don’t know what to do at your assignments right?”

 

“Ahh~ you know me so well. So?”

 

“A big fat NO!”

 

“Pweash, pweash~”

 

“Still a no”

 

“Okay, I will not force you to help me tomorrow but I will force you today. I’m on my way at your house meet you in 10”

 

“Yoona! I’m busy doing something and I have to finish this.”

 

“9… 8…”

 

“What do you mean?! Yoona?!”

 

“7… 6…”

 

“Are you walking alone at night?”

 

“5… 4… 3… 2… 1… KNOCK! KNOCK!”

 

I expect someone knocking at the main gate but I heard the knock at the door of my room! I rushed out and opened the door seeing the widest grin of my choding best friend.

 

“Hi Hyunnie~”

 

“Who let you here?”

 

“Your mom. She even brought me home made biscuits and yummy orange juice that was picked at your backyard. Hmm… I won’t forget that fresh flavor”

 

“You were there…”

 

“Before 9, do you think I’ll walk at dark and empty roads? No way!”

 

Geez! This troublemaker!

 

“But I won’t let you in!”

 

“You won’t?!”

 

She went closer to me. As in real close that I can see the pores on her face and can feel her breathe against my cheeks. I have nothing to do but to step back. I know that she only wants to go inside my room by inching closer so with the use of my unoccupied hands I pushed her away making her step backwards.

 

“Fine! Then I will just sit here and make my own assignment. I don’t even know how to find this x because exes are not worth to look for! My gosh then they will ask the y?”

 

I didn’t even look at her babbling about useless things. I closed the doors and face my laptop once again. But just like earlier I can’t think what to write or what to type, in this case.

 

*BRIIING BRIIING*

 

My phone flashed telling me that I received a new text message. I unlock my phone and read the message that came from Yoona. Did this girl know how to focus? She has assignment to do and yet she has time to text me?

 

“Dad will pick me up soon and I still don’t know what to write in this piece of paper. T.T”

 

I rolled my eyes and put my phone back beside my laptop. I stopped for a while and tried to listen at the girl behind my door. I heard shuffling of papers and I wish those were her paper sheets. I shrug the feeling of standing on my sit and open that freaking door.

 

“Gosh!” I heard her and her pen hitting the floor many times. Maybe she had a hard time keeping her papers at place because absolutely there is no tables to put or rest her papers. I groaned and can’t hold the urge feeling anymore. I stood up and opened the door looking at her at an uneasy position of trying to rest her papers at her knee and her eyes squinted at the equations.

 

“Get in” she looked at me.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, get inside”

 

Her grin once again appeared and I think I have to pull back the word I’ve said earlier but I think that will be useless as she skipped inside my room.

 

“Are you writing again?” she asked while pointing at my blank word document office app.

 

“I can’t think of an idea” I shortly replied. I walked to my precious chair/throne and sat to it. While Yoona took the edge of the bed where she can reach the table and can place her papers.

 

“So you just let me sit there and do miserable things while you are just sitting here doing nothing? Do you even have conscience?”

 

“You’re being a drama queen”

 

She put her snobby face at me before trying to pick up where she left. I watched her writing whatever she has to. I wonder if she really write what is needed or if she is just scribbling?

 

“Don’t look at me too long. This beauty got shy sometimes”

 

“Really? At that thick-skin of yours?”

 

“Yah! For your information I have flawless face and smooth skin. And just mind your own business. If you don’t want to help then don’t distract me”

 

“I did nothing”

 

“You stare!”

 

“And so?!”

 

“Argh!!!”

 

That’s when I know I won the verbal fight. Yoona never won a verbal fight against me maybe sometimes she let me win it.

 

“Do you know why you can’t think of any theme or topic?”

 

“Why? Miss Smarty face?”

 

“Because you don’t know the real feeling of love.”

 

“Are you suggesting me to find someone?”

 

“Yeah.” She nodded before facing the paper again.

 

“Who you will suggest? Is that the guy from your section? The one with fierce eyes he is cute.”

 

“Babo, not anyone. Just me” she made a cute gun sign on her fingers playfully shooting at my direction. “Aish! Even just an act! At least it will help you have any idea or inspiration for another story”

 

“I think… that’s a great idea”

 

“I know!”

 

“Okay, let’s have an agreement. You will help me to have that feeling you’re saying then for you I will help you on your school works!”

 

“That’s all?”

 

“Why? Any problem?!”

 

“No, I mean that’s great! Okay let’s do that”

 

As I remembered when we were kids when making promises, we will raise our pinkies and seal it with pinky promise gesture. So I did the same I raise my finger as she gave me a confused look.

 

“Pinky promise?”

 

“Yeah! Pinky promise!”

 

She sealed our promise as she wrap her finger on mine then our thumbs meet. We shared that smile only we can understand.

 

“So… should we start with a kiss? What?! I’m helping here”

 

“No. I think not a kiss. Let’s do your assignment first.”

 

“You sure at the kiss? I’m a good kisser”

 

“No. Not with a kiss”

 

She laughed and I laughed. Laughing our silliness. She started it now and I feel my heart excite, nice first move Yoong.

 

---***---

 

“Mom! I have to go!” I rushed down to kitchen and kissed my mom goodbye.

 

“Be careful honey”

 

“I will”

 

As I open the door…

 

“Hey Hyunnie!”

 

“Yoona?!”

 

“I hope you don’t mind the bike well my first subject is physical education and I have to wear my jogging pants. But I put the backseat behind me so you can sit properly. Come here!” she insisted gesturing me to sit behind her.

 

“No!” I walked away ignoring her offer.

 

“Hey you can hug me from behind if you are scared. Isn’t that sweet?”

 

“Not sweet!” I continued walking at the sidewalk while she followed next to me.

 

After a few meters of walk I didn’t expect what I see. There is road construction and the sidewalk isn’t available anymore I have to change my route but I will be late.

 

“No way…”

 

“So… you don’t have any choice Hyunnie”

 

“I guess…”

 

Just what she wanted, I sit at metal backseat trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter