Episode 5: The Fallen Snack pt. 1

H • I • J • K: YoonHyun One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*yoona__lim is online

 

Yoona’s POV

 

“Congrats Yoong! You’ve finally have an SNS account! We’re so proud of you!” Taeyeon-unnie cheered. Well I can’t blame her happiness she and the other unnies beg to me countless of time to have a social account. I am a proud introvert as I don’t like being too expose to the people. I once have a bad experience on crowd and I hope having this communication may help me to face my fears.

 

“The gang waited for this!” Yuri pretended to cry then hugged me, Sooyoung did the same.

 

 All of my friends are popular people and their social media accounts are flooded by fans sending them their “fancams”. Maybe you’re thinking that I felt insecure and jealous on my friends but no, really no. I saw how they sometimes hate the too much attention and how they become the public’s property. The reaction of their fans on their lunches, fashion and their love status.

 

“Do you have your first post?” Well since Sooyoung asked, I don’t have any posts yet. I just created my account last night and I don’t get to explore the SNS app. I did followed Taeyeon, Yuri and Sooyoung’s account and that’s all. I also browse the recommended accounts but I’m afraid those are just posers or unknown people that uses someone’s name to get more followers. I shook my head as a reply.

 

“Let’s take one now and let the people know that our maknae is slowly opening to the world” Taeyeon gleefully took out her phone and position it for a selfie. The four of us looked at the camera and smiled as Taeyeon press the red button shutter at the screen.

 

“Posted!” Taeyeon did her dorky dance on her seat punching the air upwards in a cute way.

 

“Wait… Yah! Is it supposed to be Yoona’s first post and not your post!?” Sooyoung said.

 

“Uh, well… I will just tag her” Taeyeon looked back to her phone ready to tag the people in the picture including me.

 

“Eyyyy! Your first post should be the thing on your table and this time we have the … COFFEE!!!” Yuri snatched my phone and capture the brewing system of her simple brewer. She posted the picture using my account and she satisfied. Sooyoung’s face looks displeased disgusted at Yuri.

 

“Aish! Let the expert handle things” feeling that Sooyoung might know what to do, I give my phone to her. She instructed me to pose a smile and so I did. It takes her some time to give me back the phone with a smile. I looked at what she posted… well… it looks full. Four stickers in total each at every corner and words say: “My first selca”. It looks cool and too much girly but I like it anyway. Then I thought the post was normal when I saw the caption: Photos by: @hotsootuff Our Yoona’s first post… *blah *blah *blah… with many more hashtags and mentioning the other girls’ account.

 

“Thanks…” the three older girls smiled at me feeling pleased at what they have just done. All of them stretched their body and stand up one by one.

 

“Aigoo… I want to have some live broadcast with the all of you but I have to go. Student council can’t live without me well… because I’m the president” Taeyeon waved her hand as she left the music room.

 

“Practice at 2:30 need to prepare. Bye guys!” then Yuri grabbing her bag.

 

“Since Taeyeon has Student Council, Yuri has Swimming Club, and I have class. Do you have schedule after this Yoong?”

 

“None. I’m ready to go home” Sooyoung nods but then stopped before reaching the door as if she forget something to tell

 

“Do you mind cleaning the music room first?”

 

I shook my head, “No, I don’t mind” then Sooyoung waved her hand leaving me alone at the music room. I appreciate the silence of the room as it emphasis the music of the piano that I really loved to play. A childhood friend taught me a song and because of that I self-studied piano and became a good player of it. I decided to play the piano first before cleaning the room.

 

I loved how my fingers pressed the keys with specific pressure. I wanted to press harder and express some deep feelings but the way I restrict myself simply satisfy me, what is it called? Did someone also feels the same way, when you really wanted to be fast and impatient but you have to control yourself for better results or maybe is it just me?

 

Then after my short rest I started to clean. Humming the music I composed in my head.

 

*blink

 

It was my phone telling me that I have notification. I stopped wiping the tea table and approach my phone resting atop of my bag.

 

“Hmmm…” I read the notification “Seo Juhyun…” wait! I felt like someone ring a bell on me. Seo Juhyun I know that name.

 

“Ahhh!” I remembered her she is the little kid who taught me piano and saved me. Saved me on… I don’t really remember but she saved me on something. Anyway I am happy that I found her or, rather, she found me. I tapped her profile and discovered that she moved to Seoul recently. I quickly tapped the follow button.

 

“Wow!” I just followed her at the social media even though I’m not really sure if she is the Seo Juhyun I know. What if she just have the same name? The picture does look like her though. She is the only person I followed on social media aside from my friends. I’m sure they will have suspicious thoughts. I tried to unfollow her but my phone is not cooperating as it says “no signal”. Why in this time?

 

I sighed, “I don’t think the girls will bug me about this”

 

-The next day-

 

“You followed this pretty girl Im! Do you even know who she is? Introduce me to her!”

 

“Taeyeon, calm down…”

 

Oh my…

 

Then just I thought they will not bug me about this following issue of mine. Here they are Taeyeon, Yuri and Sooyoung in my classroom slowly getting the people’s attention which is the thing I hate.

 

“We’ll talk about this later. I promise, just not here”

 

“Your classmates are too lazy to wake up this early. I bet some of them are still on their dreamland” Yuri said with some of my classmates staring at them.

 

“Don’t you have something to do?” I shouted back.

 

All of them became silent and I’m pretty sure I hit some senses on them.

 

“You better tell us everything at the music room” Sooyoung placed her hand on my hair and grit her teeth.

 

“Okay, okay. Just go!”

 

Then I saved the time to tell them who is the girl I followed on my social account. And also away from my classmates’ curious ears.

 

Hours has passed and the time to face my unnies is slowly approaching. I have already planned that right after the bell rings, I will use the left side of the hallway that will lead me to the infirmary and the total opposite to the music room. And in case they spotted me, I will tell them that I need to go to the infirmary.

 

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..

 

The bell rings I immediately walk out the room no looking back.

 

“Hey! Hey you little rascal, where do you think you’re going?” Taeyeon’s shout almost echo to the hallway then everyone’s eyes land on me. Oh no! I looked over my shoulder and saw Taeyeon standing alone with her arms crossed on her chest. She’s alone! A perfect timing to run away but when I look in front of me Sooyoung and Yuri used their knowledge on combined Japanese and Korean martial arts and a special move of Yoga. Successfully trapping me on their arms and carry me back to the music room. They used the alternate route so that no people can see us, as they know what I fear the most.

 

As we reached the music room…

 

“Spill” they all said in chorus.

 

I deeply sighed before telling them the story.

 

“That is a friend of mine but I don’t think if that’s really her because you know, we can’t really tell the person in social media. So literally I don’t think she is the right person I am look – “

 

“Yah! Can someone translate to me what’s this girl’s talking about?” Taeyeon roared.

 

“Make it clear Yoong” Yuri calmly said.

 

“Well… Seo Juhyun was my friend when I was 6. Every summer I used to go to the countryside and spent time with my grandparents. I always help them at planting the seeds, cooking for them and taking care of the animals. It is hard for me as I was the only kid there but one summer, the old couple on our neighborhood have a little grandchild and that was Juhyun. We are inseparable doing things together. She taught me to play piano and saved me on something I don’t remember. So then remembering her name make me follow than account with the same name…”

 

“Oww… so you really don’t know if that’s your friend?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Yeah, I was about to unfollo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter