A Surprise For You

Attachment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just because you love someone, that doesn’t mean your lives will fit together.” - Landline

 

Chapter 9: A Surprise For You

 

-Park Bogum's pov-

"Hello?" I pick up my phone without looking at the caller's id.

"Dongsaeng, how are you?"

"Nuna!" I smiled, "I'm fine, how are you? Is everyone okay?"

"Everyone is okay. I miss you here! Do you still feel lonely at your place? You can always move back here, you know." She said worriedly.

"It's okay, nuna. It's better now."

Because of her. Everything's better when she's around.

"Thank God. But just tell me if there's something wrong, okay? I'll send you foods from home next week."

"Thank you, nuna." we chatted a little bit more before she hangs up the phone.

I look at the calendar and smiled.

It's her birthday tomorrow and I want to do something for her. I pulled up my phone and texted her.

What are you doing tomorrow?

My phone is ringing again and this time, I look at the caller's id.

My manager hyung.

"Bogum-ah, where are you?"

"At home hyung, why?"

"We need to talk. I'm at the parking lot of your apartment. I'll be there in secs."

He hangs up before I can answer him.

Huh? Weird.

He sounds so tense and urgent.

Is something wrong happened?

I get up to open the door when the bell rings.

"Hyung." I greeted him.

"Can you please tell me what the heck is this?" He shows me a picture in his phone.

It's a picture of me and Ahreum, smiling to each other in subway's station.

Oh crap.

"Hyung how did you get that photo?"

"Someone who works for Dispatch sent this. They were going to release it next week, when your drama's last episode comes. Who the heck is she Bogum-ah?"

I pulled my hair frustratedly. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"She is my girlfriend, hyung."

"Damn it, Bogum-ah. You should've told me!"

I imagine the mess that will happen because of this photo. Damn, I'm not going to drag her into this.

"What's her job? What about her parent? Maybe we can make a good publication."

"She studies at a cooking academy and works part time. She's an orphan, hyung."

"What? An orphan? We can't let public knows about her."

"It's not her fault that her parent died, hyung." I gritted my teeth.

"I know! That's not what I meant to say! I mean the public will be raging when they know that a rising star, Park Bogum, dating an orphan. It will ruin your life and hers. You know how netizens can be so mean."

I bit my lip, knowing the bitter truth in his words.

"What should I do, hyung?"

"Just broke up with her."

"Hyung. I can't do that!"

"Then, are you going to let everyone knows?"

"Hyung, I am not going to broke up with her." I said my words firmly.

He sighed, "Bogum-ah.."

"I'll find a way, hyung. But not breaking up with her. I am in love with her, hyung. I can't do that."

"Then just remember that you've built this career from the bottom. Don't freakin' ruin it." He says before he stormed out from my apartment.

I pressed my palm to my face, what should I do now?

My phone rings and I read her text.

I'm not doing anything tomorrow, why?

I'm not going to ruin her birthday by telling her about this problem.

It will be better if she didn't find out, she has a lot of problems already.,

I want to see your face :) I'll pick you up at 10?

Aw, miss me already? :p Okay see you tomorrow ❤

At least I still have one chance to make a perfect day for her.

***

"Whoa look at the sea!" She exclaimed loudly when we arrived.

I chuckled and brushed her hair softly, "Aigoo, are you really that happy?"

She nods, grinning widely. "I love the sea."

I laugh, "I can tell. Let's put our stuff inside and then we can play."

"Wait, you rent a beach house?"

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter