The Notebook

If Only You Knew

A/N: Well this chapter took me forever… I wanted to align it as closely to the recent episode as possible so I had to watch it a few extra times. But it became A LOT of extra times. I KEPT GETTING DISTRACTED BY THEM. Instead of picking out the key portions I’d just be watching it. But anyways. I hope you guys enjoy it and please leave your comments. Even if you didn't like it all that much, leave your comments. Thank you for reading!!

-ThisIsWhyINeedYou :)

 

It was filming day yet again and Eric and Solar head to a café with no particular plan in mind. They place their orders and take a seat. While waiting, Eric noticed some movement at the back of the café and after talking to the owner of the place they realised that they were in a DIY café.

Oh this seems like fun

“Do you want to give it a try?” Eric asked Solar. It seemed interesting and he also had another reason for wanting to give it a try.

“Yeah sure”

After finishing their meals they grab their drinks and head to the back of the café to take a little tour. They notice the pretty furniture and eventually decide to go ahead with making something for their house. Eric suggested a table and Solar suggested stools so they both split up and got to work.

This is my chance to show her the kind of man I am. Maybe she’ll realise that I am a man she can rely on.

Solar glances at Eric when the staff was assisting her with the difficult portions. She ends up doing a double take. She whips out her phone to take a picture of him and without realising smiles at the way he looks. She admires the picture for a bit and puts the phone away.

“Ooooh you’re face”

“What are you doing?”

He looks amazing. He’s so focused, just look at his eyes!

If you keep looking at me like that I’m not going to be able to focus Yongsun-ah

~

Drilling, cutting, sandpapering and polishing, with that they were finally done. They both admire their work but before leaving decide to write a message for each other on a stool each. Solar giggles as she writes hers, causing Eric to get really curious about it. She hands it to him first.

“For YoonDdong oppa’s precious bottom”

My precious bottom, this must be what she was laughing about. And just look at the heart sign she’s showing me. She’s just so cute.

“Sit here and think of me, I love you, YongDdong”

I love you? Isn’t it too early for him to be saying that? We haven’t given this relationship a real chance yet. Wait a minute. Is that what I want, to give this a shot in real life?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric and Solar were both already in their respective homes after their long day together. Although apart, both of them had the exact same thoughts running through their minds.

 

 “You know.. we haven’t actually utilised this terrace properly. I went through a lot just to prepare this pool”

Maybe I should sit in it. Will she sit next to me? Oh she is actually coming in… but why did she have to sit at the other corner… aaah she seems to be feeling awkward.. I should say something..

“Today was an efficient day.”

“Yeah it was”.

I feel a little ridiculous sitting in a waterless po- OMG it’s comfortable

“Oh this is comfortable”

‘“It is, isn’t it? If I move over to this corner it will become well balanced.”

Wow it really is comfortable!”

“Yeah put your legs up here!”

“Bring your legs up. It’s okay you can bring your legs closer to me”

Wow she just grabbed my feet and brought them closer

It felt so awkward earlier, but now it feels perfect. And it happened so naturally. Us sitting and facing each other like this, it feels nice.

“We’re wearing matching outfits today”

Mmhmm.. Oh yeah. Remember the Chuseok special, they all wore couple outfits except us!”

“Yeah I didn’t even know that they would”

“I didn’t even think about it”

Why didn’t we think of doing that? It could have looked cute.

“What’s the point of wearing couple outfits, we’re the ones who won everything. Hahaha OOOOOH”

“OOOOOOH, Wise words”

Oppa hahaha when you put it that way it makes so much sense! We still sorta matched our outfits AND we won. It wasn’t planned. We are perfect for *blush*

“Kim Jinkyung! Are you watching this?”

“Uri ddongie anida (Don’t look down on us)”

“ *Sigh* We really did a lot of things today.. we made furniture.. I’ve done so many things I’ve never done before”

You're right, we’ve done so many things together

“And I feel that I’ve discovered many of my talents..”

Thanks to being with you.

You’re amazing, you just need to give new things a try and I’m more than happy to try those with you.

“Mmmm so among those, what was the most surprising to you,”

“Decorating and making things. I’ve never thought I would enjoy doing those things”

Oh wait this reminds me of something

 

*Phone ringing*

Urgh who’s disturbing my thoughts now?! Oh it’s Amber

“Hello”

“How was the date today?”

“It was nice”

“… you know I expect more details right?”

“And what makes you think I want to tell you?”

“Who told you that you have a choice in the matter?”

“I can just hang up”

“I know where you live”

“…”

“I’ll knock on your door till your neighbours tell you to let me in”

“… fine”

“Ahaha I win. Alright spill! What did you guys do today?

“We went to a DIY café, made a table and 2 stools and headed back to our house and erm.. talked”

“Don’t think I missed that pause. What did you guys talk about?”

“Stuff”

“Eric…”

“Fine fine.. Remember that day, I bought a notebook and refused to show you what it was?”

“The only reason you got away with that is because I had to rush off”

“Yes I remember and you have no idea how grateful I was”

“Well you’re still going to tell me about it now so don’t worry, you’re forgiven”

“Hey! I had absolutely no intention to apologise!”

“I know you want to”

“No I d- *sigh* Nevermind.. Only reason I’m telling you is because I’ve already shown it to YongSun”

“OOOOH! So it was a gift for her”

“I guess you could say that. It’s meant for both of us to use together. It’s like a book of memories. There are little questions in there for us to document what we’ve done together and what we want to do together in the future.”

“Did she like it?”

“Yeah I think she did”

“Don’t even think about avoiding telling me what you wrote in there”

“… You can’t blame me for hoping”

“Oh yes I can, so start talking”

“Why do I feel like I am being interrogated?”

 “Because you are so, hurry up”

“Remind me again why we’re friends?”

“Because I’m amazing”

“...”

“Tell me already, pretty please!”

“We talked about stuff like our most memorable moment together, whether it was love at first sight or gradually falling for each other and..”

“Wait! OMG! What was your answer to that question and what was hers?!”

“Gradually falling for each other. Both of us said that. You know that I don’t look at the way a person looks. I need to get to know them. The more I got to know her, the more I realised how much I loved her personality. I mean don’t get me wrong, when I first met her I just thought wow she’s beautiful but the reason I love her is her personality”

“I’m betting you did NOT explain all of this to her?”

“You’ve got that right. After today I’m a little more confident that she does like me back but till I’m sure, I’m not going to ruin what we have right now”

 “And what makes you say that? What reassured you?”

”Well erm one of the questions was related to when we started seeing each other differently”

“Oh as in when you started to think of each other romantically?”

“Yeah, and her answer was when I paid attention to the little things. But it wasn’t really her answer that made me confident but rather the fact that she even told me. She did say that it felt weird to have to say it to me directly but she still tried. And her reaction to my response, that was erm.. a good sign too? I don’t know how else to put it”

“A good sign? And just what was your response?”

“When she started to open up to me and being less shy around me. That was my response and she blushed”

“God that’s cute, I wish I could see that. Oh wait I can! I’m so going to record WGM from now on”

“Does that mean you are going to stop bugging me about this?”

“Dream on. I still want to hear it from you”

“Don’t you have better things to do with your life?”

“Yes but I’m done with that so now I have time and you have someone to talk to. Win-win”

“…”

“I know I’m right so just continue”

“The questions and her responses were sweet and all but there was something else that I was happy with”

“And what was that?”

“She keeps getting more comfortable with me. Especially after the couple competition…”

“Why did you stop?”

“That was her sweetest response..”

“What was?”

“Huh?”

“You spoke your thoughts, Eric. It came out as a whisper but I heard it all. So what was her sweetest response?”

“There was a question about the turning point in our relationship and we both felt that it was the couple competition.”

“Because of the kiss?”

“I mean there’s that too but that was not it. She said that she realised how important I am to her”

“I’m sorry she said what? Out loud, she said that out loud? To you?”

“Uh huh”

“And how did you react?”

“I just couldn’t help but smile at her”

“I’m sorry, I don’t get it. I still don’t know how you aren’t sure of her feelings for you”

“There’s one big factor”

“Which is?”

“It is the fact that this is not private and that it is ultimately a virtual marriage. There’s that nagging feeling that this is all not real.”

“Just date her then, for real”

“But what if things go wrong? And we still have to see each other for filming.”

“Confess on the last day of filming. Or something. I mean I’m just laying out your options. It’s all up to you. Besides, you can plan all you want, but when it comes to love, nothing ever goes as planned.”

“You know what, I think it’s the fact that things may go wrong that is bothering me. I don’t want to lose what we have now.”

“Well, you have this whole virtual marriage to figure out what you want to do. You love her so just enjoy your time with her and don’t overthink it. The universe has a way of making things happen. If it’s meant to be, it’ll happen.”

“You’re right”

“I always am and before you roll your eyes into the back of your head, I have something else to say.”

“Go on”

“She’s opening up to you. Slowly but steadily, so all you have to do is your best. Love her and just maybe, she’ll love you back. Just don’t give up on her. Not yet.”

“I won’t”

“You better *yawns* not”

“Go to sleep Amber”

“If only, I didn’t have a schedule tomorrow..”

“Watch the episode when it airs. If there is anything I missed, ask me, I’ll answer. Okay? I promise”

“I’ll hold you to that, Eric”

“Thanks by the way”

“For what? Annoying the life out of you?”

“For listening”

“Always”

“Goodnight”

“Goodnight Eric”

Friends like these are hard to come by… YongSun-ah, someone as amazing as you, that’s hard to come by too. I wonder what you’re doing now.. Am I in any part of your thoughts?

 

(Back in Solar’s apartment)

“Unnie what are you smiling at?”

“Oh it’s nothing Wheein.”

“Tell me”

“Shouldn’t you be heading back to your apartment?”

“Just tell me and I'll go. You still thinking about Ric Hyung?”

“Yeah it’s just something Oppa said today”

“What did he say? I thought you already told us everything before Byul Unnie and HyeJin went back to their apartments”

“I did. I was just thinking about when we were sharing our wishes and he said that all he wanted was for us to stay like this forever. I felt so much sincerity in his words. It was really sweet.”

“Okay your foolish smile makes so much sense now”

“Yeah it- HEY! DID YOU JUST CALL ME A FOOL?!”

“Okay bye Unnie! See you tomorrow! I’ll leave now!”

“Aish that kid”

Fool? You've got me smiling like a fool just thinking about you. I know you're important to me, but is this love? Oppa.. I keep thinking sbout the way I feel about you.. Are you thinking of me too?