Jealous

If Only You Knew

"You know why I'm upset! So please don't ask me any more questions. I need some time alone"

"But babe..."

"Please, Byul-ah just give me a little time to think.."

"But I... *sigh* okay.. but please talk to me when you're ready"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gosh I'm tired" exclaims Hwasa as she plops down on the floor of their dance studio. Their rehearsals for the day was nearing it's end. 

"Yeah me too" chimes in Wheein.

"Guys, we can get through this! The end of year award shows are always a challenge but we can do this! Besides the past year has been great for us and we have to do our best to thank our fans" said the ever-optimistic Solar.

"You're right unnie, our fans deserve it, I'm sure they worked hard so that we could win something at this Golden Disk Awards. I mean I think 40% is by industry professionals but the rest are the fans!" Hwasa explained.

"Yeah, and from what I've been seeing on my Instagram and online, they are busy fighting off the Haters too!" Moonbyul added.

"Right exactly! So let's do this one more time and call it a night. Come on guys, get up and leggo!" Solar ended with her signature.

 

One more round of a full rehearsal and the ladies of Mamamoo and their dancers called it a day. Hwasa and Wheein paired up as Hyejin was staying over at Wheein's for a night and they proceeded to say their goodbyes and head off first. Left with just themselves and the dancers, Moonbyul cautiously headed over to Solar.

"Hey babe, wanna come over to my place tonight?" Moonbyul asked in a low whisper.

"Yeah that will be nice" Solar whispered back with a sweet but subtle smile knowing that they weren't completely alone.

Aware that the dancers' attention had suddenly shifted to their whispered exchange, Solar went on to add, "Yeah I think we should grab something to eat before heading off".

As if satisfied with that cover-up, the dancers proceeded to get back to their packing and eventually said their goodbyes as well. Now finally alone, Moonbyul decided to get on with what she had been holding back the entire day.

"Byul-ah would you pass me the oooh ummm-muah" Solar started before being interrupted mid-sentence although it's safe to say that the interruption was very much a welcomed one.

"Ahahahaha why did we end up with that loud kissing sound", Byul chuckled while she still held Solar close.

"That's because you surprised me while I was talking and I was slightly taken aback." Solar defended while her eyes shifted back to Byul's lips.

"If that's the case, let me do it right this time then" Byul whispered endearingly as they both leaned in for a second kiss and parted only to stay in each other's embrace foreheads still against the others'.

"You have no idea how hard it is every day to hold back when you're right next to me," Solar said eyes downcast, surprising Byul a little.

"Wow... You took the words right out of my mouth" Byul said not hiding the surprise in her eyes.

"If it was just Hyejin and Wheein it wouldn't have mattered but we have an army of dancers at almost every practice now and.. and I have to.. behave longer than I want to," Solar exclaimed with a tinge of frustration.

"Wow I was already finding it hard to control myself and now with you saying that babe, as adorable as you just did... gosh let's get going to my place.. I can't deal with this any longer" Byul rambled hurriedly.

Both a little red-faced, the two scrambled to pack up as fast as they could, but just as Byul was about done, her phone rang.

She answered, "oh hi Unnie, how are you? Oh really?! Wow, that's so cool! I guess I'll see you tomorrow then? Yeah, I'll look forward to it too! Okay! Bye!" and with that conversation ended she grabbed hold of Solar and was out of the building in no time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Byul-ah.. you still awake?" Solar quietly inquired.

"Yeah, why is something wrong?" Skin pressed against each other and tucked snugly under the covers, Byul still proceeded to hug Solar tighter from the back as she asked that question.

"No I was just meaning to ask you something" Solar continued as she maneuvered herself to face Byul.

"You seemed happy when you took the call earlier and it sounded like some sort of good news. What was it? Who was that?" Solar proceeded curiously.

"Oh, that call? It was just Dahee Unnie. She said she's the MC for the Golden Disk Awards and said she was looking forward to seeing us again" Byul explained nonchalantly.

Before she could catch herself, Solar's face fell a little before she regained composure but it did not go unnoticed by Byul.

"Babe, does it still bother you? That Dahee unnie is a big fan of mine?" Byul went ahead to ask.

"I don't know.. I guess I just feel threatened sometimes you know.. She's so pretty and so nice... to all of us and is just a great person overall so I just I.." Solar mumbled.

"Please stop.. Babe, you're the only one for me, you're my world and no one else can take your place. You know that right? Not Dahee unnie and not anyone can take your place. You have nothing to worry about. Dahee Unnie is just a close Unnie. We are nothing more than that". Byul knew that she had to do all she could to make her Solar understand that.

"But do you know if she feels that way about you too? That everything is just platonic?" Solar finally voiced out although it came out as a barely audible whisper.

But having heard that and finally understanding what was really bothering Solar, Byul spoke. "Well I can't speak for her, but my feelings for her are 100% purely platonic. The only person I have any romantic feelings for is you."

Byul did not take her eyes off of Solar's and her sincerity showed and any doubts Solar had that night was washed away for that moment and she snuggled closer into Byul's embrace before falling asleep ahead of their big schedule tomorrow.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You know why I'm upset! So please don't ask me any more questions. I need some time alone" Solar said in a harsh whisper not to alarm the others.

"But babe..."

"Please, Byul-ah just give me a little time to think.." Solar managed, slightly calmer.

"But I... *sigh* okay.. but please talk to me when you're ready", Byul pleaded.

"I trust you Byul-ah so there's nothing for you to worry about, it's just... hard"

Leaving her with those vague words Solar walked ahead to their dressing room. Byul lingered on the outside spending a little extra time interacting with her fellow artists before finally heading in. The room was only left with the members by then so Moonbyul slowly headed over to Solar.

"Hey.. are you okay? Even if you don't wanna talk now it's okay, I just wanna know how you are doing." Byul asked carefully.

"I am ready to talk and I wanna tell you that I'm sorry that I made you worry. But I also wanna tell you that I'm not going to stop reacting this way. I'll still get jealous of the ladies or anyone who approaches you or tries to get close to you and I am not sorry about that. I know it's not your fault and we talked about this last night but if seeing her running to you for the first hug was hard enough, the second hug, her reaching out to your hair and grab a hold of your hand, all of that... was a lot more to handle. I know she greeted all of us too and I really like her as a person but her interaction with you is just very different from the rest of us. So as your girlfirend and the woman who is very much in love with you, I will exercise my right to be jealous and I won't let you change that"  Solar finished her monologue with that demand and made her stand.

"That is by far the sweetest demand anyone has ever made of me but yes okay! You have every right to be jealous, I won't change that and I will make sure I do everything in my power to make sure I don't upset you in any other way". Byul vowed.

"Yeah Byul Unnie, you better be careful with your ladies, I saw Yongsun Unnie's face on stage earlier and I'm sure the fancams caught it! The fans are definitely going to have a field day with this one. Imagine the videos and fanfictions that are going to come up" an all too familiar voice chimed in, trying to lighten the mood a little.

Solar's and Moonbyul's head snapped in the direction of the voice only to be greeted by Wheein with a playful smile on her face with Hwasa smirking behind her. The two unnies had totally forgotten that the two maknaes were still in the room.

"Oh god sorry guys... I forgot that you were still in the room.. sorry you had to witness that" apologized Solar.

"It's okay Unnie, we wanted to leave but before we realized what was going on it was a little too late to make a move and we decided to stay put. We're sorry we intruded on that private conversation but since we did hear it I'm glad you've got it resolved though" Hwasa explained.

Instinctively the unnies reached out to grab hold of the other's hand and said together "yeah I'm glad we did too".

"Alright unnies, so now since that's settled, go home rest up or 'make up' the way couples do *raises eyebrows cheekily* hahaha. But whatever it is, be happy and love as much as you can! We're starting the new year so let's start it on a good note alright?" Wheein finished in time before their manager walked in to brief them on something that was left out in their previous meeting. That was a close call now wasn't it? :)

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know..I know.. It has been a very very long time. I'm sorry. I just haven't had the time with work and life getting in the way but I really couldnt resist today so I'm skipping ahead to the present and here is a late night (more like early morning) update on my twist on the Moonsun-Dahee interaction that took place at the Golden Disk Award 2020 as a New Year's gift. Happy 2020 everyone! And I hope you like this Chapter.

Read, Subscribe and Please Please Comment! :)

-ThisIsWhyINeedYou