I Want To Be Yours

If Only You Knew

"ERIC NAM YOONDO! YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION FOR THIS"

Amber bursts into Eric's apartment startling both Henry and Ailee while Eric just sat there with a smirk.

"What explanation?"

"Don't try to get smart with me! What had to wait until today?! You made me so curious I couldn't sleep! Do you see my eye bags?! This is your fault so explain yourself!"

Finally understanding what this was all about, Henry and Ailee both started laughing. Amidst their roars of laughter ,Eric was just smiling at his friends. Amber had no idea how worthwhile her wait was. Eric had the news of a lifetime to share with his friends and he wanted all of them to be together when that happened. It was a good thing that everyone was available today.

"Guys stop laughing at her. Amber just sit down and chill a little. I'm going to tell you guys now and you will know why it had to wait okay?"

"I'm telling you Eric, you better make sure this was worth it."

"Trust me, Amber it will be.... It's about YongSun"

"SOLAR?!"

This time it was Eric who was jolted out of his seat. All 3 of  them had exclaimed at once and they were all really loud. Following which, Amber starts rambling excitedly with Ailee joining in.

"Did you kiss? Wait wait before that did you confess? AND THEN did you kiss? Or did she confess?" Amber bombarded Eric with questions.

"Hurry up and tell us will you?" Ailee was starting to get impatient.

"I met her for the last time yesterday" Eric said calmly.

"You what?" All of them exclaimed. No one could comprehend why he would be happy about that.

"Sorry my bad, I meant it was the last time I met her to film wgm"

"Oh phew okay continue" Henry urged him on

"Well what happened duirng the filming, you can watch for yourself. I'll just tell you guys what happened after. So what happened was.."

 

~

"AND CUT! THAT'S A WRAP! Well done everyone!" The PD yelled as the Ddongie couple wrapped up their last filming. After exchanging a few words of thanks, the crew members took turns requesting pictures with the couple. In the middle of this, Solar and Eric kept sneaking glances at each other. Eric was smiling on the outside but inside it hurt. The mere thought of not seeing her again, physically hurt. He really wanted to tell her how much he wanted to be with her but he didn't know how or when. Solar was ready to tell him too, whether he did so first or not. But now wasn't the time, she had to figure out how to meet alone. Eric had the exact same thought running through his mind. Both of them sigh with relief as the crew finally start to leave. But that relief was short-lived as both their managers were already there so there still wasn't a chance to talk and they had to follow suit and started preparing to leave as well. All of them reached Solar's car first. Solar slowly turned around to face Eric. They look at each other in the eyes.

~Yongsun-ah I want to talk to you alone~

~Oppa, I want to talk to you alone~

And as if they understood, both their managers turned to walk away.

Both of them watched their managers go, both slightly a little shocked. But they quickly snapped out of it. They knew this was their chance.

"I have something I wanna...." 

Both Eric and Solar had started speaking at the same time.

"Oppa you can go ahead"

"No Yongsun ah you go ahead"

"No oppa please go first"

"It's just that there's something I really want to tell you. I've been meaning to tell you for a while, but the time wasn't right. I wanted this to be perfect."

Eric paused for bit. He knew he was not getting to the point and he might just lose his chance if he kept this up.

"I like you!"

Solar blurts out all of a sudden

Eric looked up with shock written all over his face.

"I like you oppa, and not in the normal friends kind of way. I know I don't express my feelings that often but I want you to know how I feel before it's too late. All the things I said to you earlier while filming was all true but there is something I didn't mean. I don't want this to be the last birthday I spend with you. I want to be there for every single one of it. And the shoes, I don't want them to be a mere symbol that we will never be apart, but truly never be apart. I want that album you gave me to have more photos in it as we continue to make more memories together. I want WGM to end but I want us to start, afresh."

Solar looked to Eric hopefully, waiting for his response to her monolouge. Eric just stared at her, mouth agape.

"I... I didn't know...you..  I can't believe you.. I also li-"

After a good minute of stumbling over his words Eric was finally about to tell Solar how he felt but as soon as Solar heard the last 3 words she took 2 quick steps and gave Eric a peck on his cheek.

"Like you too"

Eric finished that sentence smiling like the happiest man on earth. Solar was blushing but she was smiling too. There was that sigh of relief  again. They finally said it. They both took the chance and it was all going to work out.

"I know we're kinda doing this the opposite way, but Kim Yongsun, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"There is nothing in this world I want more than to be your real boyfriend"

"There's nothing I would want more too... okay maybe tteokbokki.. but nothing else after that"

"AHAHAHA that's my Yongsun, this is what I love about you!"

Somehow Solar naturally ended up in his embrace but as she looked up at him the both of them were snapped out of their little bubble by the sound of someone coughing behind them."

They turned to see their managers standing there arms crossed.

"We are going to have some things  to talk about"

"Yeah we are going to have some things to talk about as well"

And with that both the managers left, dragging their artists with them to set the ground rules that will be in both their and their company's best interest.

`~

"So point is, YongSun is now my girlfriend. I know she confessed before I did and I know I asked her to be my girlfriend in a damn parking lot but I don't care. All that matters is She' mine and I'm hers. YongSun-Ah I'm yours~"

"I'm happy for you Eric! And fine it was fair that you waited to tell us together. This was sure worth the wait. So I won't hold it against you."

"Thanks Amber"

"Amber is right Eric, This news is worth waiting for. I am truly happy for you."

"Thanks Ailee"

"Yeah bro, I'm a little jealous but I'm glad it all worked out for you"

"Thanks Henry so am I! Anyway, I got us some drinks, to celebrate. I'm so thankful that you guys are here to share my happiness with me."

The 4 friends share a quiet moment as they realise that they really are thankful to be able to share each other's happiness before Eric finally runs to the Kitchen to grab the drinks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Byul Ah~ I have something I want to tell you!"

"What is it?"

"It's about Eric Oppa"

"Are you dating for real now that you are done filming?" Moonbyul asks totally uninterested.

".... how did you know?"

"....I wasn't actually being serious"

"I told him I liked him cos he was just taking too long and then he finally said it too. I didn't want it to be too late. eh byul-ah, where are you going? Why are you leaving?"

"I don't have the strength to listen to this unnie. I just can't anymore"

"Huh? Am I annoying you? What's been up with you anyway? You're always close to me when we perform but once done you'd go back to looking angry. Did I do something?"

"...."

"Byul-ah.. why are you still walking away? Talk to me! I want to fix this"

Solar wasn't going to let her walk away just like that so she grabbed her hand and turned her around.

"Byul-ah tell me what I can do. I want to fix this, fix us"

"Can you like me back? The way you like Eric? Can you?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________