I Won't Give Up

If Only You Knew

"I want to make my wish now. At this moment, it's a wish I really want to make especially since this place and atmosphere right now is really lovely". The way she looked at me while saying that made me nervous. "What is it?" I asked. Then she looked at me and said, "I wish that you'd sing a song meant for me". That caught me off guard and I couldn't think of anything all of a sudden. My mind was blank. "What should I sing? Let me think. Because it's so sudden my mind is blank." but just as I said it, a song popped into my head. "Okay let me just go ahead and start". I prepared myself to sing and she looked away waiting to listen. I took a breath and began.

~When I look into your eyes, it's like watching the night sky~ daradadara~ How old is your soul~

"Ah I can't remember the lyrics" I whispered and paused for a moment. She looked at me an smiled. I really wanted to keep singing it. Properly, but I just move on to the next bit that I knew.

~I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough~

I saw her sneaking glances at me. She was just too shy to keep her eyes on me.

~I'm giving you all my love~ But I kept my eyes on her while saying that

~I'm still loo..

*RIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG*

 

Eric woke up with a start when his alarm clock burst to life. He rolled over to his side and switched it off before rolling onto his back and staring up.

I dreamt about that day yet again. Why do I have to keep reminding myself of the fact that I messed up. *Sigh* God I wish I didn't forget the lyrics. It would have been perfect. This song expressed the way I felt about her. It still does and it suits us right now more than ever. I wish I could sing it for her again.

Eric continued to ponder over what it might be like if he could sing it for her now. Just then his phone rang.

“Hey Eric! Henry and I are heading out to lunch today! Do you want to join us?”

“Oh mmhmm yeah sure”

“Hey! What’s with the lack of enthusiasm?”

“It’s nothing Amber, it just took me a while to fall asleep last night. I just had some stuff on my mind. So I’m just tired.”

“What was on your mind?”

“Nothing really”

“It’s okay, I’ll get it out of you later. Let’s just meet at 12 at our usual place. See ya!”

“Yeah Bye”

Maybe I should talk to them about it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So now that we’re done with lunch, Eric, SPILL.”

“Huh?”

“Something is bothering you. You’re not your usual self. You were spaced out half the time, thinking about something, probably the same thing that was bothering you last night. So spill”

“Yeah I’ve noticed it. What’s up man? Tell us. Maybe we can help.”

“Yeah, maybe we could help”

Eric looks between Amber and Henry and sees real concern on their face. These are his buddies. He knew he could trust them. With a deep breath, he decides to tell them.

I’m in love with solar

“You’re what? Your voice disappeared gradually. Just look at us and tell us properly. Just spit it out. You’ll feel better”

“I’m in love with her”

“IN LOVE?!” Henry and Amber chorused. Eric hurries to shush them before anyone could hear them.

“Okay okay we’ll whisper. In love with who? Aren’t you still filming WGM with Solar? What are you going to do about that?”

“….”

“Wait a minute, Amber. I think he means he’s in love with Solar.”

“OMG Eric! Is that true?”

“Yeah, it’s her”

“OMG this is so cute! The both of you look so good with each other. Your personalities match and she’s in line with your ideal type right? This is perfect. You guys will make a perfect couple.”

“Slow down Amber! I don’t know how she feels about me yet.”

“Oh yeah.. forgot about that bit, my bad”

“I mean I do get the vibe that she likes me too and just doesn’t realise it yet but I’m not sure if I am misreading it. Even when we interact outside of filming, I get this feel from her.”

“EVEN WHEN NOT FILMING?”

“Will the two of you stop acting like twins and also please stop announcing it to the world”

“Sorry”

“Yeah, this volume sounds better. Like I was saying, even when not filming, I feel that she knows that I like her and I also think that she likes me back. I really want to be with her but I don’t want to rush it. I want to give her time to figure things out, you know.. give her space to think. In the meantime, I’ll show her what she means to me and I’ll show her the best side of me, the kind of man I am. A man who she can rely on, who will be her friend forever and who will love her with all his heart”

“….”

“Now you’re both not saying anything together? Henry, say something.”

“Eric, I think you’ve already figured things out for yourself. You know what you want to do. I think you just really needed to talk about it. I sorta see relief in your face”

“Yeah that was one heck of a monologue, monologue of a man hopelessly in love”

“The teasing.. yeah I think I subconsciously avoided telling you because I knew you’d tease me eventually. C’mon Amber stop with the eyebrow raising and weird faces. People are going to stare”

“They already are. Plus that’s a part of my charm. You know you love it too.”

“Yeah keep telling yourself that while I go ahead and pay for our meal. I’ll meet you both outside”

Eric laughs at Amber’s offended expression already feeling happier after talking to his friends. As he walks up to the cashier, she smiles at him with recognition. He returns the smile and hands her his card. As they were waiting for the bill to be processed, a familiar song comes on, a way too familiar one.

“Eric-shi isn’t this the song you sang to Solar-shi when you were both in Jeju?”

“Aha erm yeah it was”

“I thought it was really romantic, the both of you make a good couple.”

You have no idea how much I want us to be a REAL couple

“Ah thank you”

Eric’s ears are flaming red after hearing what the cashier had to say. He hurries to finish with the payment and starts to leave the café but stops at the entrance as he hears the next line.

~And when you’re needing your space, to do some navigating, I’ll be here patiently waiting, to see what you find~  

YongSun-ah, this is exactly how I feel. I’ll give you time. Take all that you need. I’ll be right here waiting for you to realise that we’re meant to be. I’ll show you that I’m a man you can always rely on. I Won’t Give Up.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Last night, I dreamt of this episode where Eric sang this song for Solar. And well yeah I was inspired to write this. Enjoy and leave your comments below guys:)