Anyone but You

If Only You Knew

"Hel.."

"If you didn't like me romantically, why did you blush at my compliments?"

"Eric Oppa?"

"Why did you say you didn't want things to be different from WGM?"

"Oppa I.."

"And on our last day, why did you say things like you never want us to be apart? Huh? Why did you?"

"Oppa please I..

"Why did you kiss me on the forehead? Or the cheek? And why did you prepare that sweet surprise for me before Dubai and why did you let me hug you and shower you with compliments and affection? And do not even dare say it was for the show, because you let me do that even when we were not filming.But you know what? Forget all that. I could have been misreading things and that could have all been in my head. But then you came to me. You confessed to me. Even before I said anything. You said you like me more than a friend. What else could that have possible meant? You let me give you my heart and then you stomped on it and threw it back at me. Turns out you never really even wanted it. You hurt me. Why? Kim Yongsun why did you have to hurt me? I don't understand how you concluded that you liked me one day then decided nah not anymore? How in the world could somebody do that?!"

Eric finally stopped. He said everythjng he had wanted to say. More like yelled actually but Solar was expecting this phonecall sooner or later. She knew his anger was gonna kick in eventually but that didn't mean she was prepared to handle it. She wanted to try and explain and she could hear his breathing so she knew he was still there.

"I made a mistake oppa, I didn't know what it was that I felt for you. I knew you liked me and when I liked your company so much I just thought that I liked you back.. romantically. I mean I always had the best time with you. We got along so well. But..."

"But? Huh, but what? You wanted to use this as a test run to see if I was the one you liked?

"Ofcourse not oppa! I really thought I did! Because all along the feelings I had for you were strong. It was stronger than any other friendships I have had with other guys. I do like you more than a normal friend. So I thought it meant.. Basically I thought wrong. It was completely platonic. I was never attracted to you. I mean you look cool when you perform and build things but I just... wasn't"

"So what.. now you're telling me me in my face that I am not attractive?!"

"Gosh oppa that is so not what I meant! Ofcourse you are! You aren't adored by so many women across the country for no reason!"

"Gosh Yongsun ah! I don't care what other ladies think. What you think matters. You have always been saying that other ladies love me. You never say that yo.... oh wow.. you never.. actually never.. I was always the one.."

 "I meant it oppa, I never want us to be apart. I wanted us to be just like we were on wgm and if you think about it, our relationship on the show was also more like a friendship than a romantic relationship. And before you say it oppa, I know that you want to be in a relationship that feels like friendship, you have mentioned it on shows before. But that is all it is to me oppa. A friendship. Not a friendship-like romance. But it is a very important friendship. One I want to have forever. You are the only other person who plays along with my jokes as well as Byul does. You're my best friend."

"Then what's the difference between her and me? Are you into girls? Honestly, right now I think that might actually make me feel better." Eric commented, dejection clear in his tone.

"I don't think I am into a gender specifically, I just know that I like Byul. We have this special bond. I can't really explain it. Apart from that, I am attacted to her. But I never was attracted to any other girls before, which is why I never really put two things together at first. I am truly sorry oppa. I didn't mean to get your hopes up. I just wish we could have a do over. Start afresh. I miss you. I miss all the fun we always had."

"I... I miss it.. miss you too"

"Do you think.. Do you think we could.. ever have that again oppa?"

Silence filled the air as no one spoke after Solar's question.

"Maybe.. but not now.. not in a while"

"I'll take maybe oppa. Maybe is more than enough. I'll take it."

"I'm.. not sorry I yelled at you, you deserved it. Also, I am not sorry that I fell in love with you. But I am just really sorry that I can't be the one that is with you."

"Oppa I.."

"You're sorry.. I know.. I think I've heard it enough. Just... be happy.. for both our sakes"

But before Solar could say anything to that Eric hung up.

Solar just sat there.. stunned. It felt like 1 second she had just been swept away by a hurricane and the next second she was flung into a calm little lake where all she could do was sit and wonder about what had just happened to her.

"Unnie? Are you okay?"

Solar looked up to see MoonByul looking at her with concern. 

"Yeah I'm fine.. I think. Eric Oppa is still really angry with me. I mean who would blame him. I'm happy at the expense of his happiness. I got his hopes up. I feel like such a bad person. What makes it worse is that I selfishly want our friendship back. I know that's gonna hurt him but I still want it. I miss him" solar finished with a sigh

"You know Unnie.. I wasn't actually happy about the fact that he called. I was kinda threatened by him. I didn't wanna lose you to him again even before I was actually with you. But then I heard what you said and I think I'll be okay if you stay friends with him." Moonbyul smiled as the thought of Solar's words drifted through her mind.

"Hmm? What did I say?" Solar asked a little confused.

"So you're attacted to me huh?"

Byul raised her eyebrows cheekily as she said that earning a major blush from Solar. She looked away embarassed by the fact that she had said that in front of Moonbyul.

"Awwww! Unnie you look so cute when you blush!"

"Ya! Stop it. You're embarassing me"

Solar stood up from the couch to walk away. Moonbyul who was sitting opposite took two quick strides and grabbed Solar's wrist and spun her around. They were so close their noses almost touched.

"Kim Yongsun, there is nothing to be embarrassed about. I am so attacted to you, you have no idea" Moonbyul said, her voice husky and low. Solar felt the heat rising in her cheeks, surprised that she could still be blushing harder than she already was. She found Byul's voice incredibly y and being this close to her was driving her crazy.

"Byul-ah.. stop teasing" That was all Solar could manage before a knock on the door broke them apart.

"Byul Unnie! Yongsun unnie! Let us in." It was the maknaes. The maknaes didn't know that they were dating yet so the both of them exchanged looks that said we'll continue this later and started walking towards the door. But before opening it, Moonbyul turned around. 

"Oh and unnie.. I think our bond is special too, it's one I'll never share with anyone but you".

____________________________________________________________________________

Read, comment and subscribe! 

-ThisIsWhyINeedYou :)