I Wonder

If Only You Knew

~Inner thoughts - Italics~ Blue - Eric Pink - Solar

 

All the couples returned to their rooms after the group competition. Eric and Solar walked in silence, both their minds filled with wandering thoughts. With both of them being exhausted, neither found it unusual that they were both being really quiet. Eric had his mind on their performance of My Ear's Candy.

~ We were so close.. My hands were on her hips.. Our faces were so close.. ~

The final thought had him shaking his head in an attempt to avoid his thoughts taking him further. This caught Solar's attention. " What happened?", Solar asked with a look of confusion. "No, It's nothing", Eric replied with the best reassuring smile he could pull off. Solar seemed to buy it and went back to her thoughts.

~Did he mean it when he said that? Or did he say it just because they asked him to?~

She may have laughed it off, but her head was filled with thoughts of his little confession earlier. Just at that moment, she stumbled a little and next thing she knows, she feels a familiar hand on her shoulder. "JoshimJoshimJoshim (CarefulCarefulCareful)"  he says and continues walking without letting go of her.

~I'm fine now.. But he hasn't let go.. Argh!! These thoughts are probably just in my head!~

"What happened?!" Eric asked. Solar looks at him a little confused. "Hmm?" "You were shaking your head violently all of a sudden." " Oh erm.. I thought there was a bug near my head", Solar immediately says to cover up her actions although she didn't even realise she did that. "Don't worry, there's nothing here" He says and gives her shoulder a little reassuring squeeze. Solar couldn't help but smile at that. She glances at him, mumbles a thank you and sneaks another glance as him.

~I guess I'll just have to keep wondering~

They finally made it to their room and Eric let them in. "Let's wash up and get ready for bed alright? I'll see you back in the living room?" Solar agrees to that and they both get changed. Eric was done changing before Solar and started preparing something. Solar walks out to see Eric's back facing her. "Mwohaneungeoya? (What are you doing?)" Solar asks playfully. She wasn't going to waste her day worrying about something she wasn't even sure about so here she was back to her usual self. 

"Wine hanjan hallae? (Wanna have a glass of wine?)" he says as he turns around with a glass of wine in each hand, obviously back to his usual playful self as well. Then a little more seriously, "I know you don't drink much, but I was hoping we could have a glass of wine and watch a movie before going to bed.". "Oh that's a great idea! What movie will we be watching?" Solar asks excitedly. "I was looking through the movies available here, have you watched 50 first dates? It's a romantic comedy and there are subtitles.  It's a really good movie." Eric says. Solar just smiles and nods her head and walks over to the bed to settle herself in. Taking that as agreement Eric selects the movie and hits play before walking over to the bed as well. He hands her the glasses while he settles himself in and takes his glass. The movie starts out hilarious and they both enjoy it but apart from subs that Solar misses and asks Eric to explain, they both don't say much to each other. 

Halfway through the movie, Eric notices that both their glasses are empty. He reaches over, takes her glass and heads to the kitchen to set them aside. He returns soon after and gets back to his seat but this time, he unconsciously sits a little closer to her and puts his arm around her shoulder. He realised what he did almost immediately after but just as he was contemplating whether to move away or not, Solar leans into him with her focus still completely on the movie. Eric freezes for a moment and looks down at her. Seeing her expression of full concentration, Eric smiles at how adorable she looks and eventually relaxes and pulls her closer. By this time Solar is also aware of their position. Although she's never been the type to initiate skinship she moves closer as well. As they both fidget to find a comfortable position, it ends with his hand on her shoulder, her head against the crook of his neck, their bodies slightly tilted towards each other and her arm hugging him around his abdomen.

At this point, both of them aren't paying attention to the movie anymore and are just enjoying being in each other's embrace. Pretty soon the movie comes to an end and they both part unwillingly. "So what did you think? Did you like the movie?" Eric asks. Having watched this movie before, it didn't matter that he didn't pay attention. "To be honest, I missed quite a bit of the movie"

~Was she just as distracted as I was? Nah, she was probably just really exhausted~

"Because you were too tired?" He asks a little disappointed. "oh erm.. yeah that's right.. it's because i was tired" she finally says while avoiding his gaze. Eric actually notices the hesitance in her voice.

~Was I just imagining that? *Sigh* Will I just be getting my hopes up? Probably..~

"Do you want me to tell you what it was about?" he asks and waits for her response before starting a little summary of the movie. Solar listens intently. "Oh... that's so romantic, it must be really nice to have somebody love you that much"

They both look away at that statement.

"I.. I think we should head to bed. We both have early days tomorrow." "Yeah I think we should" With that they bid each other goodnight and head to bed but not before wondering..

~ I wonder what I mean to you~

~Yongsun ah.. If only you knew.. what you mean to me~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Well, Ddongie couple is gonna be the end of me. Part 2 of the special was some.. amazing stuff, to say the least. You can expect a new chapter very soon:)