Episode 04.

Days with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: this update is for our dear yuju's birthday. happy birthday my love choi yuna ♡♡♡♡ also, i've made a story cover!! hope you guys find it nice)

 

The girls sit quietly at the desk in Yuna's bedroom. Yuna spins a pencil, her eyes glued to the sea of words in the textbook lying on the table, while Eunbi leans on the side of Yuna's body and her head is on Yuna's shoulder.

The whole scene is very peaceful, touched with the warmth of sunlight and the music that nature provides, on top of the pure, innocent hearts that the girls, who are very much still young little children, held in their souls.

It's been almost two hours since they've reached Yuna's home from school, yet it is still bright in the late afternoon. They have not been talking at all; Eunbi is tired from school, and Yuna needs to study.

Eunbi does nothing but rest on Yuna. She listens to the silence, and appreciates it wholeheartedly. She can hear the birds chirping outside, and feel the warm rays of the sun shining into the room through the window, providing them comfort despite the season. The quiet sounds provide her tranquility that makes her heart feel at ease; her heart also feels safe because she is right beside Yuna. It amazes her how they are close, how she feels so right to be with her. It's been only three weeks, but these three weeks have been the brightest for the past ten years of her life.

Eunbi falls asleep on and off, but Yuna doesn't mind bearing her weight, even if it means Eunbi will paralyse the whole left side of her body. She actually loves it: she loves having Eunbi by her side, and the feeling of someone sticking close to her. It's foreign, yet lovely, but perhaps that's why she's always longed for a sister. And Eunbi is more than enough.

The yellow gradually transform to a darker pink, as Yuna has noticed, and she looks up to the analogue clock hung up on the wall. It's over six in the evening, her brain is tired from mugging, and her body is stiff from the position she's been the past few hours. She moves a little, slowly, trying her best not to wake the sleeping girl beside her.

Nevertheless, she feels the weight lifted off her as Eunbi wakes up from her long rest.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Yuna asks with much concern and guilt.

Eunbi smiles and shakes her head, stretching a little. "I woke up way before," she answers, "I'm sorry you had to suffer with me sleeping on you," she laughs a little in her apology.

Yuna's frown turns upside down into a small smile. "It's nothing," she says, while stretching her arms as well. "You were sleeping for so long," Yuna adds, "did something happen today?"

"I slept really late last night because there was a mock test today, didn't I tell you that in the morning?" Eunbi scratches her head as she replies, still not fully awake yet.

"Ah, is that the reason?" Yuna nods her head, "I see."

"Girls, are you home?" they hear Yuna's mother calling from downstairs.

"Ne umma!" Like a young child, Eunbi swiftly makes her way to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter