Chapter 8: Death-at-the-Net

Behind The Mask

Meanwhile, the Black Wolf members gathered around in their own personal table, usually with Sehun and Yoora. 

    “It’s weird how Sehun’s like all helpful and caring with Baekhee when he used to bully her back then behind her back” Kai stated that was received by a nod from their lads. 

    “People change Kai, people change,” Hyuna said.

    “He even missed his Literature and Maths class to accompany Baekhee in the clinic,” Chanyeol said. 

    “Well Joongki was in the clinic when he heard the news so it was unnecessary for Sehun to stay in too,” Ahyeon said. 

    “But if I were Sehun, I would actually stay in the clinic rather than listening to boring lessons,” Yoora said. 

    “Even if Baekhee is inside the clinic?” Kai furrowed his eyebrows. 

    “Ew” Yoora paused before continuing, “Baekhee is definitely excluded”

    “So how are you and Emma, Kai?” Hyuna asked while changing topics. 

    “Emma? I broke up with her” Kai casually answered. 

    The other’s widened their mouths, excluding Baekhyun who wasn’t interested at all. 

    “After 3 days?” Chanyeol asked in disbelief, “Dude that’s like your shortest relationship. I bet you didn’t get much from her, am I right?” 

    “Well I got 50$ from her in just three days which isn’t that bad” Kai smiled proudly. 

    “You get 100$ on average in a month but 50$ in three days?” Yoora widened in awe, “Unbelievable” 

        “You know guys, I think Joongki is starting to fall for me” Yoora gave her goofy grin in front of her friends that was received by disgusted looks.

    “Don’t get delusional and all” Hyuna said, “Just because he received your umbrella doesn’t that he likes you” 

    “But guess what he called me!?” Yoora excitedly squealed, “He called me his umbrella!” Yoora cheerfully squealed while fanning herself trying to calm down. ‘

    “Gosh, this girl” Kai sighed, “Now I need to find someone to hit on, I’ve been single for 3 days!” 

    “Kai you almost date every girl in this school for the past 3 years so I am not sure if there is anyone who is willing to go back to you,” Chanyeol said. 

    “There are two types of girls,” Kai said, “One, is girls who I’ve dated and two, is the girls who I’m going to date” 

    “Besides I would date Ahyeon if she wasn’t taken anyway” Kai casually said. 

    “For my money? No way” Ahyeon shook her index finger left and right, indicating a ‘no’. 

    “We’re a gang. Why would I date you for your money?” Kai asked, “Why not you can be my girlfriend every Mondays and be Yeol’s on every other day?” (A/N: This makes me miss Monday Couple in Running Man T^T)

    “Still a NO! Go back to Baekhee or something” Ahyeon got up from her seat and walked out of the scene along with Chanyeol. 

    “Baekhee? Who would date that girl if it wasn’t for her wealth anyway” Kai said shivering disgustingly.

    Meanwhile, in the clinic, Joongki was surprised to see Sehun beside Baekhee, holding both of her hands. 

     “Uuh… Joongki?” 

    “Oh hi Sehun” Joongki tried to smile, “Thank you so much for taking care of her, I appreciate it a lot Sehun” 

    “It’s alright Joongki, I treat her as my sister too anyway”

    A few minutes later of waiting, Baekhee’s fingers started to fiddle. Joongki was asleep on top of her chest whilst Sehun was staring and observing. As soon as he saw Baekhee’s eyes squinting, Sehun widened his eyes and held her hand. 

    “Baekhee?” Sehun enthusiastically widened his smile and woke up Joongki who was in front of him, “Hey hey. Joongki. Joongki!” 

    Joongki was awake in shock and gave his tight hug as soon as he saw Baekhee in her conscious state. 

    “. I was so worried about you” 

    “Joongki it was just a hit on the head”, Baekhee plastered her faint smile, “No big deal kid”

    “It’s our second lunch break already. Do you want to join us and eat or you’re just going to stay here?” Sehun asked. 

    “I’d rather stay here with Joongki, it’s alright Sehun” Baekhee paused before continuing, “I’m sorry for being such a burden these days. I really don’t know how to thank you for all your care” 

    “It’s alright Baekhee, I hope you’ll get well soon” Sehun walked out of the school clinic before he stops in front of the door, “I’ll be around you at all times alright?” Sehun gave Baekhee a quick smile before leaving out.


    As Lunchtime ended, they went back to their classes; Baekhee was already recovered and was helped by Joongki walking into her class passing a bunch of Joongki’s fangirls. 

    “Get well soon to your sister, Joongki” 

    “Hope she’s alright, Joongki” 

    “Joongki don’t get sick as well alright?”

    As soon as Joongki guided Baekhee to her music class, Baekhee was already receiving death glares from Taecyeon ,Nickhun, and Junho, who were some of Baekhee’s competitive teammates during their dodgeball game and believed that Baekhee was the source of their lost. 

    Taecyeon, Nickhun, and Junho are the most competitive students when it comes to sports; they formed a group, called Death at the Net, led by Ok Taecyeon. When the three of them are in one team, it’s definitely unbeatable. They never lost in their lives except for the one time, playing dodge ball this morning with their black hole, Baekhee. 

  “We’re sorry that we’re late Professor Kang” Joongki bowed to Baekhee’s professor and continued,”Baekhee was in the clinic” 

    “It’s alright Joongki, I’m glad that Baekhee is alright from the incident” Professor Kang smiled, “You can sit on your seat” 

    Baekhee weakly walked towards her seat and froze, and there she saw Baekhyun on his closed eyes with his earphones. 

    “You don’t have to stare at me for that long” He opened his eyes and stared at her, “Just go sit because I don’t want to see you in front of my sight”

    Baekhee nodded awkwardly and immediately sat on her seat avoiding eye contacts with Baekhyun. Then she could see in the corner of her eyes, Taecyeon’s eyes were burning in fire, giving glares and disgusted looks towards Baekhee. Baekhee tried to ignore Taecyeon but the next thing she could feel was a pat on her shoulder, she turned around to see Taecyeon and his unusual grin. 

    “Can I borrow an eraser Baekhee?” 

    Baekhee hesitated for a while and stuttered,”Y-Yea s-sure. G-Go ahead”. She then received her eraser back and saw a small note written on it.

    ‘You’re going to have to pay back for our very first humiliation ever :)’

    “I don’t know what you’re glaring at but please stop, it’s unpleasant to see” Baekhyun crossed his arms, still in his closed eyes and said out loud before taking a glance at Taecyeon who was sitting behind him. 

   Everyone immediately diverted their attentions towards Taecyeon including the professor himself. Taecyeon then awkwardly scratched the back of his head and plastered his awkward grin. 

    “Who are you glaring at, Taecyeon?” Professor Kang asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

    “I-I w-was doing….” Taecyeon hesitantly paused, “Eye exercises! Yeah! My eyes were sleepy so I needed to exercise my eyes!” 

    As soon as class ended, Baekhee hurriedly walked back home, trying to avoid eye contacts with everyone she passed by - especially the Black Wolf and Death at the Net. 

    Meanwhile, Baekhyun was in front of his lockers, packing, before going home until then he heard two girls passing by him talking. 

    “Hey I heard that they’re going to catch Baekhee now” 
    
    “I don’t even know how Baekhee’s dumb enough to be in a team with Death at the Net. She made them lose for the first time and now they’re going to make her pay back” 

    “They’re really scary”

    “If I was her, I would rather join the Black Wolf’s team than Taec’s” 

    “She’s really going to be in danger”

 


 

Ahem yeah. I know, I know, I broke my promise, It's been a month since I updated but man
I really didn't know school is killing me that much.
I also still have assessments and exams and a bunch of homework that are still incomplete which is why I barely update.
But thank you so much for those of you who are still subscribed and hope you enjoy reading! 
You guys are such fabs~ :D

 

-Author