Chapter 1: Meeting Him

Behind The Mask

It was a Monday afternoon as the sun began to pour out its afternoon rays. Calming and the breezy spring wind flows along the hotness of the sun rays through her thick black hair. Baekhee’s school just ended and just a few steps away from the school gate, she unwillingly walked home constantly thinking about her chores and homework.

 

    “Aish!” A voice was heard in the garden nearby her school. She quietly tip-toed towards the direction of the voice and found a guy laid down beside a tree with his bleeding fist and his frustration look. She found out he was her schoolmate by seeing their identical school uniform. He had a blonde hair and was really tall and skinny with broad shoulders. Baekhee could see his tears rolling down his cheeks from his brown eyes.

 

    Baekhee walked towards the guy and squatted down beside him. “Hey, you’re hurt and your fist is bleeding, the blood keeps on flowing and the wound has to be closed or else it will have an infection.” She began searching for her first-aid kit in her bag and begun to treat the guy.

 

     “Why are you treating me? I thought that we do not know each other” That was the first thing that came out of the guy’s mouth beside her.

 

    “Also, aren’t you the ‘useless little trash’ that people always talk about?” The guy said, which was respond with a smile.

 

    “You can call me that like how other people do”

 

       Alone; Song Baekhee always had to deal with the bullies at school. Whether they’re guys or girls, they always conducted her the same; Trash. Useless. Stray. She suffered, feeling trapped and ostracized every day. Felt the same. Experienced the same. Suffered the same. She dealt with it by pulling a mask; a smiling one.

 

    “Well, I don’t really want to call you that just because people call you that.” The guy said, lowering his head staring at the blood on his fist that Baekhee was treating.

 

    “You’re strange”


 “You’re also Song Joongki's sister, right? The one who is a smartass and aced everything and is also popular with the face” The guy said.

 

    “You can call him that, but don’t expect me to be the same”

 

    Cornering every day while letting her tears fall, she doesn't let her brother know about her condition at school. When the moment her brother, Joongki, walks with her at school, people change their attitudes; from a rascal to a gem. Plastering their wide smile on their face, they treat Joongki with respect. Striking all his tests, high popularity at school and his suave look; He was every girl’s dream man.

 

    However, they conducted the Song siblings variously. Baekhee never thought that it was unfair. All her ‘friends’ used her to get close to her brother, they asked for his number, social media accounts, and even his love life! Baekhee never answered questions about her brother which is why her ‘friends’ eventually left her for getting no information about Joongki. She thought that she deserved everything. Her brother was a passionate man who took school and his studies earnestly whilst she was only passionate about piano and nothing else but that.

 

    “What made you punch the tree?” Baekhee asked looking at the guy’s face.

 

    “Well um…” The guy sighed, “I found out that my ex dated me because of my money for her other boyfriend”

 

    “I was pretty much in the same situation as you are, It was even tougher for me, I dealt with it because I loved him so much I couldn’t let him go” Baekhee sighed and thought about her past.

 

    “You should've let him go since he was a douche”

 

    Her parents divorced a few years ago, Joongki and Baekhee chose to stay with their mother instead of their father. Her mother was the one who taught Baekhee how to use the piano since she was 5. On the day of Baekhee’s 17th birthday last year, 28th of May ; It was time. They had to accept their mother’s departure. Her mother only left the piano for her, which is why she treasured it well and took care of it.

 

    Life became harder by then; Joongki started studying and working harder, acing all the assessments and exams. Baekhee thought having a boyfriend would be easier for her and wouldn’t be lonelier for her. Therefore she dated a man named Kim Jongin, also known as Kai. However, it was tougher than she expected. Kai cheated on her 3 times, drank every night and went home drunk and always asked her for money. She knew that he was doing all those behind her back, however she loved him too much; she couldn't let him go. Joongki continuously told her to break up with him, she was totally adamant about it, but they eventually broke up, in the end, realizing he wasn’t worth it.

 

    The guy stared at the girl’s face in front of him, the girl just finished cleaning his wound with an antiseptic and wrapped it around with a cast. This is his first time that a girl that he never knew, is treating him with such care.

 

    “Okay, you’re done” Baekhee smiled as she finished wrapping a cast around the guy’s hand, “Don’t punch the tree after this okay? I have to go now” She stood up and turned around.

 

    She felt a grip on her wrist, she turned around to see the guy stopping her, “Thank you, I appreciate it so much” Baekhee felt a sudden tingle in her heart. He was smiling, brighter than before, which looks better and more charming on him.

 

 “No problem” She was about to walk, but the guy stopped her again.

 

    “Wait”

 

    “What now?”  

 

    “Um… I want to know your name” He lowered his head down in embarrassment.

 

    Baekhee gave her hand out, “Song Baekhee”, The guy smiled, immediately stood up reaching his hand out to shake her hand.

 

    “Oh Sehun

 

 


 

First chapter of the story :)

This is supposed to be an introduction to Baekhee's life and past while meeting Sehun, which is why it's short. 

I'm really sorry for some grammar or spelling mistakes, English is my 2nd language :) 

Thanks for reading!