Chapter 6: Flour Shower

Behind The Mask

“Good job Joongki, You did well on your first day. I’m impressed with your latte art skills.”

 

    “Thank you so much, sir. I’m happy to be here” Joongki bowed at his manager before leaving the coffee shop. He stopped by a grocery to buy drinks after his hectic job.

 

    “Damn it. I didn’t know making latte arts are tiring” Joongki sighed and spotted Yoora  in the snacks section.

 

    “Isn’t that Yoora ?” As soon as he saw Yoora  glancing towards his direction, Joongki immediately looked away and hurriedly went out of the grocery shop. It was raining heavily outside.

 

    “Nice timing Joongki. Nice timing. It wasn’t even raining 5 minutes ago” Joongki sighed and took off his hoodie to cover his head.

 

    “Joongki?”

 

    Joongki glanced back to see Yoora behind him “Oh hi Yoora, didn’t know you’re here”, He grinned.

 

    “I saw you in the grocery and I just want to give this to you” Yoora handed him an umbrella, “It’s raining really hard and I don’t want you to get sick”

 

    Joongki widened his eyes “What about you then?”

 

   “My apartment is just beside the grocery, I don’t need an umbrella”

 

    “Thanks by the way…” Joongki thanked before pausing, “I’ll get going then? I’ll see you tomorrow” Joongki waved a goodbye to Yoora with her umbrella walking towards his home.

 

    As he arrived, he knocked the door for more than 4 times and guessed that Baekhee is sleeping already. He took his spare key under the flower vase outside and entered in.

 

   “Baekhee I’m home-” Joongki was about to shout but whispered to himself already, “What the hell is this!?”

 

    Joongki immediately dialled one of his close friends, Lee Kwangsoo.

 

    “Hey, Kwangsoo-yah.”

 

    “Sup bro”

 

    “You know the first thing I saw as soon as I entered home from work?”

 

    “Your sister”

 

    “Not only her, she’s sleeping on the couch snuggling with Sehun”

 

    “You’re kidding me!”

 

    “Exactly! He’s sleeping with my sister! What if they did anything in the past hours!? Who knows?”

 

    “Just let them sleep and listen to their explanation tomorrow morning”

 

    “And he’s wearing my favourite shirt. Stupid ”

 

    “Ahaha dude, it’s just a shirt. Don't be a kid”

 

    “Anyways I’ll go to sleep now. I’m exhausted from work. See ya tomorrow”

 

    “Remember to not jump into conclusions Joongki”

 

    As soon as Joongki’s call with his friend ended he went to his kitchen to eat dinner. He spotted chicken bones in the dustbin and sighed in disappointment.

 

    “They ate chicken but didn’t save some for me” He walked out to his room and laid himself down on his bed, “Guess I won’t be eating anything for dinner”

 

    The next morning Baekhee woke up when she felt her phone ringing in her pocket which she was assuming, was her alarm. She didn’t feel like getting up since the warmness was too comforting. She hugged her ‘pillow’ tightly and widened her eyes as she opened them to see her face in front of a man’s chest.

 

    She looked up to see Sehun’s sleeping face. He groaned and pulled her closer when she decided to sit up. She thought everything just felt to right with her in his arms. There was a part of her not wanting to pull herself away from him. She just wanted to stay like this. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted as she saw the clock in front, it was 6.30AM.

 

    She tried to free herself from Sehun and walked towards the kitchen to make French toast for her breakfast, her brother's and Sehun's as well. She then started waking up Joongki and Sehun.  

 

    “Hey, Sehun.” She shook Sehun’s body several times but Sehun groaned only, “Sehun wake up. It’s 7 already”

 

    Sehun opened his eyes and looked around. “Where the hell am I? Wait”, he paused, “Why am I still here?”

 

   “We both fell asleep during the movie so you stayed overnight” Baekhee flushed a bright red.

 

    “So I slept here?” Sehun asked which was responded with a nod.

 

    “Yeah I just woke up beside you” Baekhee’s face was redder than before, she was trying to hide it.

 

    “You mean… I slept here all night beside you?” Sehun’s eyes were wider than ever. He couldn’t believe it.

 

    “Uuh… Yeah” She nodded.

 

    They both then saw Joongki in his pyjamas walking downstairs and while staring at them both. “You guys. We have to talk in the kitchen now”

 

    Baekhee was unsure of what Joongki wanted to talk to him. But she was definitely sure it’s about Sehun. The three of them sat down on the dining table while eating their breakfast.

 

    Joongki faked a cough, “You and Sehun have something to explain, Miss Song”

 

    Baekhee stood up and limped to her stove to take the French toast she made while answering Joongki’s question, “Why is that?”

 

    Joongki furrowed his eyebrows, “Why are you limping?”



    “W-well this? When Sehun and I-”



    “Hold up! I can’t believe this!” Joongki stood up. He tried to maintain his calm face until he sat down again and sighed.



    “Sehun. Baekhee. Listen.” Joongki sighed in disbelief before continuing, “Guys I know the feelings are hard to resist and you both are adults already but I really hope Baekhee is safe from--”



    “Wait! What!?” Sehun and Baekhee shouted simultaneously.


    “Didn't you guys have--”



    “NO WAY” Sehun and Baekhee shouted.



    “Joongki what the hell were you thinking!?” Sehun complained.



    “Bro seriously!?” Baekhee shouted.



    “But like--”

 

    “Joongki, Sehun walked me home yesterday and a guy pushed me and I sprained my ankle and he treated me so I let him stay overnight while he had gone to much trouble I caused. We ate dinner and decided to watch a movie but we fell asleep halfway!” Baekhee explained along with Sehun nodding his head and agreeing to every word she said, leaving Joongki dumfounded.

 

   “W-wow” Joongki paused, “I really didn't expect this at all”

 

    As they finished eating, all three of them took a bath and head to school. Joongki needed to be in his Poetry class early; Baekhee was left alone with Sehun.

 

    Knowing the condition at the moment, Krystal and Victoria took the chance to prank her. Krystal and Victoria prepared a balloon filled with flour that’s stuck to a small machine. The small machine is connected to remote which pops the balloon when pressed. They broke into Baekhee’s locker and placed it in waiting for an opportunity to pop the balloon.

 

    Krystal and Victoria hid behind the walls watching Baekhee and Sehun walking towards her locker.

 

    “Now!” Krystal shouted. Victoria pressed the remote as Baekhee opened her locker. The balloon popped leaving Baekhee’s face and uniform covered in flour everywhere. Sehun widened his eyes as he immediately helped Baekhee brushing off all the flour from Baekhee’s face.

 

    “Baekhee are you alright?!” Sehun worriedly asked. Baekhee responded him with a smile.

 

    “Baekhee why are you still smiling when you’re already covered in flour!? Aren’t you sick of it!? You have to deal with it every day but you didn’t even fight back for once!” Sehun shouted, loud enough that almost everyone in the corridors could hear.

 

    Baekhee froze in place. Sehun sighed in defeat and pulled Baekhee’s wrist towards the girl's bathroom as they both entered.

 

    Sehun immediately the tap to put on some water on a tissue paper, cleaning off the flour on Baekhee’s hair and the parts on the rest of her face.

 

    “I don’t care if I have to be in a girl’s bathroom or outer space or have to be in an alien beast’s belly just to help you and protect you”

 

    Baekhee’s eyes widened at Sehun’s statement. She doesn’t believe how Sehun willingly wants to help her when she’s in a hard situation. And here, she’s seeing Sehun removing and cleaning flour off her hair and face. She has never seen anyone cared about her except for her brother. However, at the same time, she owes Sehun a lot, she didn’t want to burden him in a lot of trouble like this. She didn’t want him to be involved in her miserable life. She didn’t want him to be the next victim of the Black Wolf.

 

    “Baekhee, your skirt is all covered in flour and it's hard to remove it unless you wash it” Sehun stated.

 

    “Oh, you can use my trousers while I’ll use my gym clothes” Sehun happily suggested.

 

     “What? Me? Guy trousers?” Baekhee understood that Sehun was trying to help, however, she wouldn’t agree with him if she has to wear his trousers since skirts are obligated for the girls’ uniform.

 

    “Yeah, my trousers” Sehun nodded.

 

    “Sehun I think I’d rather use my dirty skirt than a trouser” Baekhee said.

 

    “Suit yourself, ” Sehun said, “I’ll get going now then. Can’t be late for PE class”

 

    “Oh yea, I have PE class right now too.” Baekhee said walking out of the bathroom.

 

     “Let’s go together then, who knows there will be another flour bomb planned for us” Sehun grinned, casually surrounding his arms around Baekhee’s waist.

 

    “Us? You mean for me only?” Baekhee chuckled.

 

    “Well I’ll be with you at all times so it’s for us” Sehun smiled. 

 


 

Author here! I'm really sorry for the late update.

School is just already so hectic and it's still our 2nd week. 

I'll still try to update once a week, I'm sorry for making you guys wait :c

Thanks for reading!