Chapter 7: Fierce Dodge Ball

Behind The Mask

This chapter's cameo...

2PM! (Yes I am a hottest too ^^)

 

“Class, we’ll be dividing ourselves into teams of 3, each team will have 12 people playing while taking turns ,into ” The coach said, “We’ll be playing dodgeball for today”

 

    “Now, go divide yourselves up into 3 teams” The coach instructed before blowing his whistle.

 

   Baekhee looked around; a group is already full as she looked behind her, Black Wolf members in one team with Sehun and Yoora. Baekhee didn’t want to join them even though Sehun was there and ended up joining the last remaining group.

 

    “Your group is group A, your group will be led by Wooyoung”

 

   “Your group is group B, It will be led by Sehun”

 

    “Your group is group C and it will be led by Taecyeon” The coach instructed all the groups by naming them and picking leaders for each group. The leaders were based on their competitiveness and sports skills.

 

    “Now group C will be playing, Group B and A will be throwing the ball.” The coach instructed.

 

    “Guys let’s do this!” Taecyeon shouted at his teammates.

 

    The whistle was blown and the game started. Wooyoung had the ball and threw it at Taecyeon’s direction, however, Taecyeon dodged instantly. The ball then was on Kai’s hands and hit Baekhee’s leg immediately. Only for a few seconds, Baekhee was already out.

 

    The coach blew the whistle, “Baekhee out!”

 

    Baekhee lonely sat on the benches for being the first one to get hit. She watched the game and 3 people were out after a few minutes.

 

    The coach blew the whistle again, “Taecyeon out!”

 

    The ones who were out, widened their eyes as they saw their leader out. The ones who were throwing the ball were cheering as they ousted the leader and the best player.

 

    The members who were out except for Baekhee patted Taecyeon’s back, “Bro, it’s okay. You stayed pretty long”

 

    While Taecyeon was drinking his water bottle, he glanced at Baekhee and sat beside her. “Hey.”

 

    Baekhee was pretty startled and faced him with a confused look.

 

    “Do you know how to play properly!? How are you out in the first few seconds!? Whenever my team plays without you in it, the first player is out in at least a minute or 2 in a 5-minute game! Not 5 seconds!” Baekhee could tell that he was burning in fire listening to his tone of voice scolding her. She kept her head down and mumbled a sorry.

 

    “What? Sorry? What can a sorry do to our team!?”

 

   “I’ll play well in the next game, I’m sorry” Baekhee looked down as Taecyeon sighed and ruffled his hair roughly in frustration.

 

   “I should've kicked you out in the first place” Taecyeon mumbled.

 

   Group C had 7 people left in the 5-minute game. It was Group A’s turn and then it will be Group B.

 

    As soon as both teams are done, Group C was up to play again and Group B and A are the ones throwing the ball.

 

    The ball was held in Hyuna’s hands, staring intensely at Baekhee. As soon as the whistle was blown, Hyuna threw it towards Baekhee’s direction but Baekhee moved away. The ball is now in Ahyeon’s direction and threw the ball as hard as she could in Baekhee’s direction.

 

    Baekhee wasn’t aware of what was happening behind as the ball hit directly on the side of her head resulting her to collapse down and faint.

 

    Baekhee’s team stood beside her, frozen. No one helped her especially from the attacking team. Except for someone...

 

    “Baekhee!”

 

    Sehun sprinted towards her direction and immediately carried her bridal style to the school’s clinic.

 

    “God damn it Baekhee! Why are you always hurt?”

 

    Sehun gently put down Baekhee on the bed, covering her with a blanket before walking around the clinic to find an ice cube for her.

 

    “Where the hell are the ice cubes!? Do they even have a fridge!?” Sehun sighed in frustration, roughly ruffling his hair.

 

    Sehun walked around for the nth time, still not able to find the fridge. Until he found a small one beside the bed, “It’s been here all this time!? Really!?”

 

    He took an ice cube and a handkerchief before placing it on the spot where Baekhee’s head was hit.


    “I can’t believe you have to deal with this every day without Joongki knowing”

 

     Meanwhile, the next period has started, Joongki walked towards his literature class along with Yoora following behind.

 

    Joongki glanced back and grinned, “Oh hi Yoora, didn’t know you have literature this period” Joongki stopped, waiting for Yoora to reach his spot.

 

    “Oh yeah” Yoora smiled, “Literature class is my favorite”

 

    “Oh my! Me too!” Joongki excitedly smiled, lifting his hand up receiving a high five from her.

 

    “Oh I almost forgot”, Joongki opened his bag as he searched through it, “Thanks for being my umbrella yesterday”, He handed back Yoora’s umbrella leaving her contentedly satisfied. His statement kept ringing around her mind.

 

    “Thanks for being my umbrella”

 

    “Thanks for being my umbrella”

 

    “Thanks for being my umbrella”

 

   “Oh, no problem! I don’t want you to get sick anyway”

 

    Joongki and Yoora arrived in Literature class sitting together. As all the students arrived; so is the teacher, Professor Park.

 

    “Morning class, we’ll start a new novel to read and analyze today” Professor smiled at everyone until he saw an empty space behind.

 

    “Wait” The professor paused, “Isn’t Sehun supposed to have Literature this period?”

 

    Wooyoung raised his hand, “Sir, he’s in the clinic”

 

    “Why is he in the clinic? Is he sick?”

 

    Taecyeon then raised his hand, “He’s with Baekhee in the clinic. Baekhee got hit by a dodgeball and fainted during PE class, he then brought her there”

 

    Joongki widened his eyes in surprise and stood up in his place, “Baekhee? She fainted?”

 

    “Yeah I threw it at her,” Ahyeon said casually, “Accidentally”

 

    “Why can’t you be more careful!?” Joongki raged, anger could be seen in his eyes.

 

    “It’s dodge ball for a reason” Ahyeon again simply stated casually, “I was just doing what I was supposed to be doing”

 

    Joongki furiously walked out of class without a word. He sprinted throughout the corridor passing by teachers and the principle around.

 

    “Hey Joongki! It’s not break time yet!”

 

    “Joongki class isn’t over yet!”  

 

    Joongki ignored all the reactions and shouting that were heard from the teachers as he continued sprinting towards the clinic. As he arrived, he took a peek inside to see Sehun sleeping beside Baekhee’s bed holding her hands. Baekhee was there with her pale, weak face. Joongki tiptoed inside to see Sehun’s head beside Baekhee’s waist; he slowly walked towards her bed and caressed Baekhee’s cheeks. Sehun opened his eyes as he looked up to see Joongki in front of him, he immediately stood up... 

 


 

Finally another chapter update! Hope you guys like it!

I probably won't be updating for two weeks or more? Since school is killing me ;(

But thanks for reading!