Chapter 3: Lunch with the gang

Behind The Mask

“Baekhee!”

 

    Baekhee glanced behind, seeing Sehun running through the corridor holding up a brown book.

 

    Which seemed familiar to her...

 

    “Baekhee! It’s your music book!” Sehun panted, huffed and puffed, pausing for a few seconds trying to breathe normally.

 

    “Where did you find it?” Baekhee widened her eyes in surprise, looking through her music book flipping the pages in case anything happens to it.

 

    “Well, Professor Kang told me to give it to you. It was on your table since yesterday” Sehun beamed in delight, happy to see how contented Baekhee’s face is.

 

    “Thank you so much, I owe you a lot this means a lot to me thank you I love you” Being too excited, Baekhee blurted out random things rapidly to show how pleased and grateful she is.

 

    The brown music book that Sehun gave Baekhee, is the songs that Baekhee used to learn how to play her piano since her young age with her mom. Like the piano, she treasures and cherishes it thoroughly and carefully. As she found out that the book was nowhere to be found, she panicked, she felt terror rushing up her. It was the most precious book her mother gave her.

 

    “Anyway, Wanna go grab some lunch?,” Sehun said while giving the out the hungry look, rubbing his tummy circularly, “I’m hungry”

 

    “Sure, but we’ll be sitting with my brother alright?” Baekhee asked which was responded by a nod.

 

    As soon as they entered the cafeteria, Baekhee immediately spotted Joongki and his table, which was filled with the Black Wolf members.

 

    “Hey, Baekhee! Sehun! Come sit here!” Joongki waved his hand while patting an empty seat beside him.

 

    Baekhee sat beside Joongki, trying to avoid eye contact with any of the Black Wolf members - especially Kai and Baekhyun.

 

    “Hey, guys!” Yoora suddenly appeared beside their table greeting her friends and stopped as soon as she saw Joongki beside her. “Oh hi, Joongki! I didn’t see you here!”

 

    “Oh hi, Yoora! I saw you in the morning didn’t I?” Joongki gave her his famous, sweet smile that made his eyes turned into a crescent shape.

 

    “Definitely! I’m Baekhee’s best friend!”

 

    The Black Wolf gang, Sehun, and Baekhee diverted their directions to Yoora unbelievably in awe. Especially Hyuna the most, hearing her cousin, Yoora are best friends to the famous ‘trash’ in the whole school.

 

    “Anyways! Let’s talk about how the Maths teacher, Professor Ju, is the tiest -faced in this entire school” Yoora said trying to change the topic.  

 

    “Baekhee is also included” Hyuna mumbled, looking around and saw the Black Wolf members gave a small nod and sighed in relief that Joongki didn't hear her.

 

    Sehun faked a cough and glared at Hyuna, “It’s definitely only Professor Ju that’s the tiest -faced in this entire school, but I guess I might even have to include you”, He smirked.

 

    “Oh buuuuuuurn! Roast!” Kai and the others cooed when Sehun just ‘roasted’ Hyuna except for Baekhyun who was still on his poker face.

 

    The school bell rang as the students tidied up their table and went to their classes.

 

    Time has passed and it was hometime. Baekhee could spot Joongki in front of her class waiting for her who was surrounded by girls who are known to be his ‘fangirls’.

 

    As soon as Baekhee walked out and smiled at Joongki, the girls looked at her with disgust from head-to-toe and toe-to-head.

 

    “Well girls, I think I’ll be going now” Joongki smiled at the girls, “So, I’ll see you tomorrow?” Joongki gave a goodbye to the girls before talking to Baekhee who was waiting for Joongki to stop giving all his attentions to his ‘fangirls’.

 

    “Baekhee, Remember the coffee shop I told you about yesterday?” Joongki excitedly said.

 

    “Yeah you told me the name, what is it called?,” Baekhee tried to remember, “Coffee Blossom?”  

 

    “Yeah that! Guess what?”

 

    “What?”

 

    “I got accepted for a part-time job there!” Joongki contentedly said, “I’ll be working there at 4 until 7”

 

    Baekhee glanced down at her watch, “School ends at 2 so,” Baekhee paused for a while, “You’re leaving in 2 hours?”

 

   Joongki gave Baekhee a small nod and patted Baekhee’s head, “But since today is Tuesday, I am starting my dancing club today so I’ll see you at 7 today”

 

    Baekhee pouted, “It’s fine Joongki. I can walk home on my own. I’m not a kid, I can definitely take care of myself”

 

    “Well, I have to get going I guess” Joongki looked down to check his watch, “Club starts at 2.10 so, see ya, sis! I’ll see you at seven!”

 

    Joongki ran across the corridor while waving his hand saying goodbye to his sister.

 

    Baekhee walked towards the school gate as she saw a familiar muscular back figure in front of her. Waiting for something… Or someone…