Sleepover

Russian Roulette

 

"I'm..."

 

Irene stopped. She wasn't ready. Wendy wasn't ready.

 

Control your feelings, Joohyun.

 

"You're what?" Wendy questioned with a weird expression on her face.

 

I'm in love with you...

 

"I'm... Nothing. I'm tired. I'm going to sleep." She stood up and rapidly walked to her room.

 

"But-"

 

"Good night, Wendy." Irene cut her off and practically ran in her room, locking the door behind her. A new habit of hers.

 

Why? Why can't I just tell her? What can go wrong? The worst thing that can happen is... Rejection.

 

And after rejection comes a broken friendship. Wendy is never going to look at her the same way.

 

She had to get closer to her. Get to know her better first.

 

Does she even like girls?

 

Irene bit her lip nervously. That was the biggest problem. She herself thought she was into men until she met Wendy.

 

The only thing she could do at that moment was pray that Wendy would fall for her. Fall for a girl.

 

When was the last time I prayed for someone to fall for me? Never...

 

She really wanted Wendy. She wanted to hold her in her arms, kiss her forehead, her lips, kiss her everywhere. She wanted to wake up next to her, snuggle with her, eat breakfast with her.

 

Wow, Joy was right. I really got it bad.

 

But she knew that to reach her goal she needed a new plan.

 

Plan C.

 

How many plans am I going to make for this girl? Irene chuckled.

 

First off all, I have to take her as far away from Seulgi as I can. Ugh, that's probably her plan too. I have to implement this plan faster than her. But why would someone chose Seulgi over me? I have already won the battle.

 

---

 

"Good morning. Are you leaving already?"

 

The next morning Irene woke up only to see Wendy standing next to her bed, staring at her.

 

How long has she been staring?

 

"Yes, Seulgi's waiting for me outside. I just wanted to let you know that we'll also have a sleepover. So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Wendy fidgeted nervously. 

 

Is she blushing?

 

Irene gave her a sweet smile and nodded. She looked at her for a moment before standing up.

 

Should I...?

 

"Can I hug you? Y-you know, for a goodbye."

 

Would she let me?

 

"I'm not leaving for ever, Joohyun." Wendy smiled, "But of course you can hug me. I can't see why not."

 

Irene was more than happy to hear that. They never had any physical contact, apart from that kiss. That kiss, which they both pretended it never happened.

 

She proceeded to wrap her arms around Wendy, letting her do the same.

 

"Be careful." Irene whispered as she rested her chin on Wendy's shoulder.

 

Wendy giggled, "Great, now you're my mother? I can't keep up with you, Joohyun."

 

Irene only smiled. She was about to release the hug but Wendy suddenly asked, "Can we stay like this? For a few more seconds?"

 

Irene was dumbfounded. She mentally scolded herself for blushing and pulled Wendy closer to her. She breathed in her scent, which was mixed with hers. Vanilla was it? She didn't care. It was so sweet.

 

"Alright... Seulgi's waiting for me." Wendy started as she slowly took a step back.

 

"Oh, y-yes. You should go..." Irene was sure she looked like a tomato at that point. And Wendy herself looked a little bit flustered. She smiled and waited for her to exit the apartment. Then she took her pillow, pressed her head against it and screamed. She wanted to release all these emotions and feelings that kept hitting her. They made her exhausted, this had to reach an end.

 

---

 

"Hey Seul." Wendy smiled and hugged her friend.

 

"Are you ready?" Seulgi asked.

 

"Ready for what?"

 

"For the best day of your life of course!" She threw her arms in the air excitedly.

 

"Yes! Wait, where are we going?" Wendy questioned as Seulgi took her hand.

 

"At a restaurant! I'm really hungry. After that we can go shopping."

 

"Alright!"

 

And that's what they did. Firstly, they went at the restaurant (a little bit too fancy for Wendy's liking, but she enjoyed it anyways). Then they went shopping. They bought oh so many clothes. Wendy didn't forget to buy a little something for Irene. She cancelled their plans after all. Or so she thought. She didn't miss Seulgi's glare once she found out who the gift was for.

 

After many hours of shopping, they decided to head back to Seulgi's house.

 

They tried on their new clothes, after that they made some popcorn, slipped into their pyjamas and lied on the enormous couch in Seulgi's living room to watch a movie.

 

Time flew by so fast, they didn't even realize that it was almost midnight. When the movie ended, Wendy lifted her head from Seulgi's lap (a position Seulgi chose) and sleepily smiled at her.

 

"The movie was great."

 

Seulgi smiled back at her and gently put a strand of hair behind her ear.

 

"Should we go to sleep now? It's kinda late."

 

"Sure."

 

Seulgi took her arm and led her to the bedroom. While they were lying on the king sized bed in Seulgi's room, she couldn't help but run her hand through Wendy's hair, taking away from her face that fringe that covered almost completely her beautiful eyes.

 

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" Seulgi whispered breaking the silence.

 

"Many times." Wendy giggled, "But thank you. You are beautiful too."

 

Seulgi smiled and wrapped her arms around her, pulling her closer and letting her rest her head on her chest.

 

They had always been very close. Hugs, kisses, sharing clothes, doing everything together. But since Wendy moved, they didn't see each other as much. Therefore, the few times they met, they liked to enjoy it as much as possible.

 

 

"Good night, Wendy."

 

"Good night."

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------

Life . School . My writing skills .

What is Irene probably doing at home right now, alone? COMMENT DOWN BELOW.

And should I bring Yeri into this story? I'm afraid I'll ruin the girl's image with all the I'm writing.

:)