Acceptance

Russian Roulette

 

Five months. They had been living together for five months. It wasn't too long, but they had already learned each other pretty well. They went out together almost every day. It wasn't awkward anymore. Well, just a little bit. Wendy wasn't used to Irene's stares yet. And she also wasn't used to those smiles... Oh, those smiles.

 

She would never forget that day when she first saw Irene's real smile. Her face was truly beautiful, pale pink lips curved upwards happily, her dark eyes caught the light from the sun and turned glassy with happy tears as she started laughing. A joke. A silly joke Wendy made caused all this.

 

They really had fun together.

 

Tonight they decided to stay home and watch a movie. It was Irene's idea.

 

"Now he's going to kiss her!" Irene exclaimed.

 

"Irene! Stop spoiling everything!" Wendy crossed her arms.

 

"Joohyun." Irene said softly.

 

"Yeah, Joohyun." She sighed.

 

Am I not considered a friend yet?

 

Irene turned her head to look at the clock. When she realized what time it was her eyes widened in shock.

 

"MY DRAMA! IT STARTED TWO MINUTES AGO!" She screamed. Wendy started laughing and took the remote in her hands, "It's just two minutes, calm down! The movie is almost over."

 

"WHAT? NO! Give me the remote!" She said as she jumped next to her on the couch and took a strong hold on the remote.

 

"But it's almost over!" Wendy said and pulled the remote.

 

"I don't care!" Irene yelled and pulled harder.

 

"No!"

 

"Yes!"

 

"But-"

 

Wendy started but couldn't continue as Irene let the remote and making her fall backwards. Fortunately, Wendy quickly grabbed Irene's shirt.

 

With a surprised oomph, the two girls fell promptly to the ground.

 

They stared into each other's eyes in the now awkward silence. Irene had Wendy pinned down against the soft carpet, their crystal-brown orbs mirroring their reflections in a silent state of shock.

 

As if snapping out of a daydream, Irene jolted back up with her cheeks ablaze. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to land on you so roughly!"

 

"It's... Okay." Wendy replied. "I'm partly to blame. I could've given you the remote from the beginning."



"As much as I dislike admitting it," She added. "The remote is just over there. I guess you can take it now."

 

The slightly older woman briefly averted her eyes towards the remote. It was true; she could just take it now. But for reasons she didn't quite comprehend, she felt her gaze being drawn back towards Wendy's, whose cheeks were a bit flushed, just as Irene's own. Her body wouldn't respond and shift her weight off Wendy's pinned-down body – she felt content remaining in her place.

 

There was something that pulled her in. Irene nor Wendy didn't know what, but within moments had their faces moved closer till the tips of their petite noses met.

 

Their eyelids began to feel heavier, as if they were about to drift off to sleep – it was the same gentle calmness, and a warmth that wasn't provided by the reddening sun that embraced the two through the window as they slowly closed their eyes.

 

Their lips sealed together barely a second later.

 

What is this? A fanfiction?

 

Then came realisation. It hit them. It hit them harder than a train.

 

Irene quickly pulled away and looked at her. Both their faces were flushed and neither of them could speak. They were speechless.

 

"I-I..." Irene started. Wendy could see tears forming into her eyes. But all she could do was stare.

 

"This is not right..." She barely heard Irene mutter as she stood up and ran into her room.

 

Wendy stayed there, lying on the floor, dumbfounded.

 

What. Did. She. Just. Do.

 

She closed her eyes tightly.

 

Air. I need. Air.

 

---

 

What am I going to do with her. Seulgi was right. She was kinda crazy. But it wasn't bad. It wasn't good either.

 

Ugh, I what am I talking about? Of course it's bad! She just kissed me! I can't believe she just stole my first kiss!

 

...So that's what a kiss feels like...

 

It feels so good...

 

WENDY!

 

She mentally slapped herself for thinking something like this. She left the apartment about half an hour earlier and it was already dark outside.

 

What could Irene be doing right now? Maybe talking to Joy? That's what she always did after every time they did something together.

 

I should be heading back now, I guess. I can't stay here all night.... Or can I?

 

Oh god, I'm such a child.

 

On the way back to the apartment she couldn't help but repeat the kiss in her head. Why did Irene do that? Why was she so confusing? Why?

 

And all I did was stand there looking at her. How mature...

 

By the time she finished mentally scolding herself for her childish immaturity, she was at her door. Slowly she pulled out her dorm keys and delicately placed the key in the keyhole. The door swung open and Wendy saw that everything was where she left it when she went outside.

 

Is Irene still in her room? It's been almost one hour since I left. Did she even eat? Isn't she hungry?

 

I should probably make something for her. Maybe a soup?

 

"Irene?" She said as she knocked the door softly.

 

No answer. She tried to open the door but it was locked.

 

"I know you're in there. If you don't answer I'll break the door."

 

No answer again.

 

Wendy sighed, "Irene, please."

 

She won't come out any time soon...

 

She thought as she sighed one more time and went to her room.

 

Seulgi...I need Seulgi.

 

She was the only one Wendy trusted in difficult situations. She was her best friend after all.

 

---

 

"...and then she kissed me." 

 

"Sorry, what?"

 

They were at Seulgi's house, drinking some hot chocolate. Winter was close.

 

"I said, after that she kissed me." 

 

Seulgi looked at her, mouth slightly open.

 

"Yeah, I was surprised too." Wendy giggled at Seulgi's expression.

 

After a few seconds, which felt like a few hours, Seulgi started laughing hysterically. Wendy looked at her confused.

 

"You're funny." Seulgi said between laughs.

 

"Umm, I'm not kidding..." Wendy answered.

 

Slowly Seulgi's laugh turned into soft giggles.

 

"Yes, you are." She said, grin never leaving .

 

It was creepy...

 

"I swear I'm not."

 

"I said you are!" She yelled making Wendy take a few steps back.

 

Why can't you accept this?

 

She had seen Seulgi's angry side twice this month and she wasn't happy with it at all. Both times it was because of something Irene did and they haven't even met properly.

Seulgi stood up and paced around the room, hand on her chest as if to smooth the pain. The pain that came from her heart.

 

 

"I'm going to kill her!"

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

So... This happened.... MY FRIEND TOLD ME THAT IT WASN'T TOO EARLY FOR THE KISS AND I LISTENED TO HER

She's evil...

I had to do this though I HAD TO I COULDN'T WAIT

Oh and look at Wendy being thoughtful and all. How cute <3

Should I end this with Seuldy or Wenrene?

Make sure to leave a comment below, I LOVE COMMENTS

:)