What's Wrong With You?

Russian Roulette

 

"Um, I-I'll go to work now. See you later." Wendy stuttered. The coldness that came from the other woman was unbearable. It was so scary that Wendy couldn't even look at her in the eyes.

 

What have I done to you?

 

"Yeah, okay." She lazily waved her hand, her back facing the other girl while she sat on the couch.

 

Wendy stared at her, "What's your problem?" She muttered under her breath and left the apartment.

 

That must have been the worst morning in her entire life, and she was sure it wasn't the last one. There were more to come. Many more. She thought today was going to be a good day. She was oh so wrong.

 

And it's still 11:00am!

 

She woke up this morning, got dressed and headed to the kitchen. "Good morning." She said once she saw Irene sitting on the couch watching some drama.

 

Wendy looked at the girl, whose back was facing her.

 

She didn't even move...

 

"Um, okay..." Wendy said to herself and decided to buy something to eat before work. Because there was no way she was going to have breakfast with her.

 

Her. Irene. The Irene that was just too selfish and lazy to even talk to her and also stupid and cold and-

 

"No, Irene is only for friends. I can't call her Irene." Wendy mimicked her voice. Stupid Joohyun. What's wrong with her?

 

She rubbed her temples and tried to think of something else. Her new job maybe. Wait a minute. HER JOB!

 

"Damn it, I'm late!"

 

---

 

Should I even go inside?

 

Once again Wendy started at her new apartment's door. Iren- Joohyun was probably still lying on the couch watching her stupid drama.

 

Should I even bother to greet her? Nope, no, no. I'll just go straight to the bathroom, have a bath, then I'll quickly go in my room and stay there for the rest of my life. Yes! Great plan!

 

She smiled at her own silliness and went back to her thoughts.

 

What am I? A five year old? Of course I can't stay in there for ever.... I have to go to work.

 

She sighed and searched for her keys. The keys that Joohyun gave her earlier today. She wished she hadn't. Because she had to look at that cold, expressionless face of hers.

 

Well, I can't run away now. My clothes are in there too...

 

She chuckled at her thoughts and opened the door.

 

Why am I being so overdramatic. I don't even know the girl. I'll just try to start a conversation or something. I'm sure this will work. It will... Won't it?

 

She shook her head and stepped into the apartment just to see Joohyun still sitting on the couch.

 

I knew it.

 

"Hey Joohyun! I'm back!" She said a little bit too excitedly.

 

Irene turned her head to look at her.

 

She's looking at me! My plan! It's working!

 

 

"So what."

 

 

---

 

"I swear to god, Seulgi, I'm going to kill her." Wendy whispered at the phone.

 

"Calm down. I'm sure it's not that bad-"

 

"I greeted her happily and smiled at her, even though I didn't want to, then I said 'I'm back' and all she did was stare at me and say 'so what'. I almost threw a punch on her stupid, cold face." Wendy huffed and puffed trying to catch her breath after saying all this in only a few seconds. She heard her friend sigh at the end of the line.

 

"Wendy. My dear friend. IT WASN'T EVEN THAT BAD! CALM DOWN!" Seulgi yelled and Wendy had to take the phone away from her ear.

 

"It was! And, oh god, I just met her! Can't she at least be a little bit more polite?" She said and lied on her bed. She made sure the door was closed. She didn't want Irene listening to all of this.

 

"Exactly! You just met her! Maybe that's just her way to deal with strangers!" Wendy knew Seulgi was so done with her.

 

"But that's not a way to deal with strangers."

 

"Wendy! Could you shut up and listen to me?" Seulgi wasn't mad at her. Seulgi would never get mad at her.

 

"Yeah..."

 

"Thank you! As I was saying... You just have to get to know her. I'm sure that she's a great woman, you just can't see it yet."

 

"I'm not blind, Seulgi."

 

"WENDY!"

 

"Okay, okay! I'll try to talk to her. Bye." Wendy said quickly and closed her phone.

 

She sat up and took a deep breath. She had to talk to Joohyun. Seulgi was always right. A silly, cute, little bear. But always right.

 

---

 

"Umm, Joohyun, can I come in?" Wendy said after knocking the door.

 

"Sure."

 

I swear this is the best word that came out from today.

 

Wendy shook her head and headed to her bed, where she was lying. She was probably listening to some music as she had her headphones on.

 

Wendy took a step and sat at the edge of the bed. Irene's look switched from her phone to Wendy's eyes.

 

A look which made her shiver...

 

"Did I say you could sit there?"

 

"W-What?" Wendy nervously looked at her.

 

"Stand up!" She said and Wendy immediately stood up and started fidgeting.

 

"Good girl. Now, what do you want?" Irene said and looked back at her phone.

 

Wendy stared at her feet, "Um, w-well, I had been wondering why you are um... Wait, that's not what I wanted to say. I-I mean umm... Sometimes you are kinda... Well, n-not only sometimes, but always. You are kinda umm... A little bit... Cold... N-not that I mind! I mean..." She looked at Irene,"...Are you listening?"

 

Wendy frowned and waved her hand in front of the other girl's face. "Joohyun?"

 

Irene looked at her and immediately took her headphones off.

 

"Did you say something?"

 

The nerve...

 

Wendy started to get mad. Irene was just so annoying!

 

"Well, yes! That's why I came here!" She said and crossed her arms.

 

"Okay, I'm listening." Irene said and mimicked her actions.

 

"I said, you are freaking impolite and annoying! Could you please stop? Damn, I just came here and you're already being like this?"

 

Silence.

 

 

"Out."

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

Longer chapter! Feel free to leave a comment below.

:)