Plan B

Russian Roulette

 

Wendy was one to always have patience. Even in the most infuriating situations, she'd somehow find a way to keep patience in check. Now wasn't one of those moments. The woman sitting in front of her seemed to be the source of all her current issues.

 

"I said, get OUT!" Irene furiously yelled the last word and Wendy almost stumbled.

 

"I'm trying to break the ice, and you're telling me to leave?" Wendy said once she regained her composure.

 

"Break the ice? Are you kidding me? You just came here and said I'm annoying!" Irene stood up from her bed and took a few steps closer to Wendy. Wendy thought about it for a moment.

 

Oh yes I shouldn't have started like that....

 

"Leave!" Irene got even closer to her and put her hands on her shoulders. She was so close that Wendy could feel her breath...

 

But the moment didn't last long as Irene pushed her out of the room, "I'll treat you however I want! You're my roommate now!" Irene yelled and closed the door.

 

Once the sound of Wendy's footsteps was gone she pressed her back against the door and shook her head.

 

What am I doing?

 

---

 

Weeks passed after that incident and none of them dared to talk to each other. Not that they wanted to. But all this was too awkward. Wendy would wake up, take a shower and then leave for work. After work, she would stay all day locked in her room. That one time she decided to watch some TV, Irene just sat next to her, snatched the remote from her hands and changed the channel.

 

"My drama is starting." Was all she said. Wendy didn't mind dramas at all, actually she loved them. But she wouldn't sit and watch it with her. That would be way too awkward, like every day. Awkward. Silence always filled the apartment. Well, not always. Sometimes Wendy could hear Joohyun screaming and laughing from her room. Wendy guessed she was talking on the phone as she kept mentioning a name... Joy was it? She couldn't remember.

 

She also heard Joohyun talking about her to that Joy. She said, "Yes, I have a new roommate.... Wendy.... No she-... Wait, I'm coming."

 

She probably knew I was listening....

 

Then one day Joy came over. She was amazing. Wendy immediately liked her. She was really kind and cool and gorgeous and-

 

Why would someone so perfect have a friend like Irene. Was she that desperate?

 

Even I could be a better friend than Irene...

 

Joy came almost every day now and Wendy didn't mind at all. She actually loved her presence even though she and Irene would be locked in her room all the time.

 

So one day Wendy decided to bring Seulgi. It was a terrible mistake.

 

"Who's this?" Irene asked obviously annoyed, arms crossed.

 

"I'm Seulgi, Wendy's best friend." Seulgi said with her sweetest smile and bowed. Irene eyed her from head to toe suspiciously.

 

Does she always do that?

 

She turned to Wendy, "You have a friend? How cute."

 

"Irene please don't start, we'll be in my room, she won't bother you." Wendy rolled her eyes.

 

"Irene? The fact that you're here almost two months doesn't change anything." Irene gave her a glare. Seulgi took a few steps back slowly, eyeing them carefully.

 

"I'm sorry Joohyun." Wendy said annoyed and crossed her arms.

 

"Good. Now leave. My drama is starting." She said and waved her hand lazily.

 

Wendy grabbed Seulgi's shirt and dragged her in her room.

 

"See?!" She whispered.

 

"Okay, okay she's bad." Seulgi said and lied on Wendy's bed.

 

"Bad?! She's stupid, lazy, annoying, scary, rude-" Wendy stopped and rubbed her chin looking at the ceiling, "But her friend is damn fine." She nodded to herself as images of Joy came into her mind, "You should totally meet her." She finished.

 

"I see..." Seulgi smirked, "Is she good looking? What's her name?"

 

"She's gorgeous! Her name is Joy." Wendy smiled.

 

"Gorgeous, huh?"

 

"Yeah." Wendy said and looked at Seulgi. Wait, was that a smirk?

 

Oh no...

 

"No, it's not-"

 

"WENDY IS IN LOVE! WENDY IS IN LOVE!" Seulgi screamed while jumping on the bed.

 

"NO! IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! And stop screaming!" Wendy whispered the last sentence.

 

"Why? You don't want Irene- No, Joohyun to hear this? MAYBE YOU LIKE HER TOO AND YOU DON'T WANT HER TO GET JEALOUS!" Seulgi laughed and continued jumping on the bed.

 

"Seulgi!" Wendy blushed, "Stop!"

 

I'm sure Irene listened to all of this... Great now she'll have something to tease me... Stupid bear!

 

---

 

"Good morning, Wendy." Irene said with a small smile.

 

Am I still dreaming?

 

"What did you say?" Wendy asked confused. Irene smiling and talking kindly at her? Yup, she's still dreaming.

 

"I said good morning! Are you deaf?"

 

Nope, she's back.

 

"What do you want?" Wendy crossed her arms.

 

"What's your problem? I just wanted to say good morning! Great now you ruined my mood." Irene frowned and sighed, looking at her feet with a pout.

 

Wendy, puzzled by the foreign expression on Irene's face couldn't help but question,

 

"What? Is there something wrong?" Irene stared at Wendy a few moments longer and with a sigh, slumped on the couch.

 

How uncharacteristic of Joohyun...

 

Wendy concerned placed a hand on her shoulder, "Really, what's wrong?"

 

A minute passed before Irene snapped her head to look at Wendy with a frown.

 

"It's none of your business." She said and pushed Wendy's hand off her shoulder.

 

"I…Here I am actually showing concern… And you..." Wendy's face started to turn red from her increased heart rate pumping blood through her veins. Irene could have sworn stream was starting to excrete from Wendy's head.

 

"Leave me alone." Joohyun said and Wendy did as she was told. She took her jacket and left the apartment.

 

I need some air...

 

What the hell was that? One moment she's sad and the other she's snappy? And did she actually say 'Good morning, Wendy'? And that smile... What is wrong with her?

 

Wendy was sure she saw something except the usual coldness in Joohyun's eyes. But what was it?

 

I need some time to think...

 

Everything happened so quickly these two months. And Joohyun's behavior was different eveyday. She couldn't keep up anymore.

 

Wendy took her phone and dialed Seulgi's number, the only person who could listen to her right now. Because Seulgi knew what she was going through everyday.

 

I swear I'm being overdramatic...

 

But was she?

 

 

-------------------------------------------

Hello! I'm trying really hard for daily updates but UGH. I CAN'T I'M SORRY.

And thank you so much for the comments and the votes I really appreciate them! I love reading comments, they make my day! 

:)