Take Her

Russian Roulette

 

"Joy, we have to meet. Now!"

 

"What happened,  girl? Calm down-"

 

"It's about Wendy."

 

"I'm coming."

 

Irene slowly took the phone away from her ear.

 

This has to be the best day of my life and it's still noon!

 

She jumped excitedly all around the house, giggling like a schoolgirl. After a quarter or so Joy arrived, ready for Irene's babbling.

 

That would take hours.

 

"And then she told me that-"

 

They were in the middle of a conversation when the sound of the door stooped Irene. Wendy, Seulgi and that young girl she saw at the store with Seulgi entered the apartment. Suddenly she felt Joy grip her wrist, tightly. She looked at her for a moment. Wide eyes and a slightly open mouth was what she saw. What got into her?

 

"Oh, hey Joy. I didn't expect you to be here." Wendy walked closer to them.

 

"Uh, I-I..." 

 

Joy stuttering? Ha! Joy was one of the boldest women alive. She never cried, she never blushed and she definitely never stuttered.

 

But here she is now, a stuttering mess, at a loss of words.

 

Irene slightly slapped her her arm to snap her out of it. When Joy finally looked at her, Irene mouthed "What's wrong with you?"

 

"Hello! You must be Joohyun! I'm Yeri." The young girl stretched her arm for a handshake.

 

Yeri, huh?

 

"Yes, I'm Joohyun but you can call me Irene." She smiled, earning glare from Wendy, memories coming back to their minds. Yeri turned excitedly to Seulgi and exclaimed, "She's not ugly! She's gorgeous!" And then she turned back to Irene, "She said that you were ugly but you're not-"

 

"YERI!" Seulgi yelled and closed Yeri's mouth with her hands. Irene smirked, how could she forget that she had won the battle? She turned to Wendy and put an arm around her shoulders. 

 

Seulgi's hands fell to her sides, dissapointment could be seen all over her face.

 

The innocent Wendy didn't notice the staring contest between Irene and Seulgi and continued, "Now that we're all gathered here, why don't we do something together?"

 

Seulgi instantly inched closer to her, "We can do anything as long as I'm with you." She stated, her lips.

 

Cheesy.

 

Irene couldn't help but notice Joy dying next to her.

 

"Alright, let's go for a walk." Irene suggested and everyone agreed. After exiting the apartment she took Joy's hand stopping her, letting the others pass them.

 

When the others were at a safe distance she whispered furiously, "Did you see her flirting with my wife?!"

 

"PFFFT! Your WHAT?!" Joy laughed.

 

"Shut up! They are going to hear us!"

 

"Honey, you two just kissed. She can't be your wife." She waved her hand boringly.

 

"Well, look who's finally talking properly! It's about time!"

 

"Who said I HAD to talk. Especially for the likes of you." She crossed her arms.

 

Irene scoffed, "Why were you like that? You looked... astonished."

 

"Who's that?" The taller girl asked, pointing at Seulgi.

 

"That's my rival, Joy! Don't tell me you were speechless because of her."

 

"Is that Seulgi? Wendy's friend? You said that she's obnoxious and ugly!"

 

"She is..." Irene pouted.

 

"You're just jealous. Because that," she pointed once again at Seulgi, "Isn't obnoxious and ugly."

 

"Why are you complimenting her- Wait. You're missing my other question."

 

"What question?"

 

"Is she the reason you were speechless?"

 

---

 

"Unnie! The ice cream was delicious!" Yeri cheered, hugging Wendy's arm.

 

They were walking towards a small park after having had some ice cream for Yeri's sake.

 

Awkwardness surrounded the unnies, while the two younger ones were lost in their own worlds. Yeri happily dancing and humming and Joy trying to find an excuse to start a conversation with Seulgi, who hadn't even noticed her yet. Or so she thought.

 

They decided to sit on a bench near the centre of the park. Surprisingly, nobody was around, it was just the five of them.

 

How did we end up like this?

 

I was supposed to meet Joy and talk to her about my relationship with Wendy, Irene thought.

 

I can't even touch Wendy with Seulgi's eyes glued on me like that. Also, Joy's weird behaviour doesn't help at all. She's usually so outgoing, always talking, making me laugh. But today... she's so quiet. Strange.

 

"Irene, I'm not feeling really well." She heard Joy mutter. Everyone turned their attention to her. "Why? What happened?" Irene asked putting a hand on her forehead. "You're really hot."

 

Joy smirked, taking the opportunity to , "I know I'm hot. No need to tell me." She said and the other girls giggled.

 

Irene rolled her eyes, "I'm serious. You have a fever. Come on, let's go. You shouldn't be outside at this state."

 

"You're leaving?" Wendy and Seulgi asked in unison, both with a sad expression. Irene looked suspiciously at Seulgi.

 

Why is she sad when she can't even stand my presence? Irene scoffed, What an actress.

 

"Yes. Joy is sick. Sorry for ruining our afternoon girls."

 

Wendy smiled, "No, it's okay. Joy's health comes first."

 

How can she be so darn adorable? Irene stared lovingly at her.

 

Joy smiled shyly and looked at her feet, lightly pushing Irene.

 

"Let's go."

 

Irene woke up from her daze, "O-Oh, sure."

 

---

 

"You don't have a fever. But your forehead is so hot..." Irene said looking at the thermometre.

 

"And your face is really red too."

 

Joy stared at her feet without saying a word.

 

They were sitting at Joy's living room, a small blanket covering Joy.

 

After some minutes of deep thinking Irene came to a conclusion. "Wait a minute... I think I know what's going on here-"

 

"Nothing's going on!" Joy suddenly sat up.

 

Irene laughed at Joy's childness, "There is something going on and you know it!"

 

The younger one crossed her arms, "I don't know what you're talking about."

 

"Joy, I've never seen you blush! And you're never shy around people!"

 

"I'm feeling better now, you can leave." She avoided Irene's answer.

 

"No, I won't go until you confess." Irene stood up from Joy's side.

 

"There's nothing to confess. Please leave."

 

"Joy!" Irene said with a high-pitched voice, lightly slapping Joy's arm, "You were blushing because of Seulgi. How could you? What did you find... attractive on her?"

 

Joy stood up ready to defend herself but Irene stopped her, "You should have seen yourself" she giggled, "You looked like a tomato and you couldn't even form a sentence. You're such a coward, you didn't dare to talk to her."

 

"You weren't any better with Wendy." She said blushing again. Irene found it adorable as her friend rarely showed her feelings to the world.

 

"Don't change the subject!"

 

Joy threw her hands in the air, "Okay! Okay! I find Seulgi attractive. There, I said it, now leave!"

 

"It wasn't that hard, was it?" Irene giggled, "She didn't even look at you though, her eyes were glued on Wendy."

 

"I know... I wanted to start a conversation but I didn't know how." She sighed.

 

"What about your pick up lines? Why didn't you use them?" Irene joked. Joy was known for her cheesy pick up lines, which never failed to impress the ladies, "She looks special. I don't want to start like that. She'll think I'm stupid."

 

"You are stupid." Irene said earning a slap at the back of her head.

 

"OUCH!"

 

"That's what you get for calling me stupid, stupid!"

 

Irene shot her a glare, crossing her arms. The sound of her phone brought their staring contest to an end.

 

"Hello? Oh, hey Wendy. I'm at Joy's place... yes, she's feeling better. No need to be worried." She looked angrily at Joy, "I'll be back in an hour, okay? See you" She ended the call with a small smile on her lips. Wendy always made her happy. Although the smile disappeared when her eyes fell on Joy, "Look what you've done! You made everyone worry just because you're too shy to talk to your crush."

 

"I'm sorry, okay? Leave me alone." She stood up and went to her bedroom.

 

Joohyun sighed and left the house without letting Joy know.

 

I've had enough of her shi-

 

Once again the sound of her phone interrupted her thoughts, "Hello?"

 

"Um, Irene?"

 

"Seulgi? What happened?" Irene questioned confused.

 

Why would Seulgi be calling her at that time?

 

"Hi, are you with Joy?"

 

"No, I just left her house."

 

"Good."

 

There was a dramatic pause after that, "Can you give me her number?"

 

What? Why would Seulgi want Joy's number? She didn't even look at her today.

 

"Um, sure... but why?" She couln't help but ask.

 

"No reason..."

 

That's weird.

 

"Oh and, Irene."

 

"Yeah?"

 

 

 

 

"You can have Wendy. She's all yours. I have a new target."

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

FINALLY it's done

You didn't expect an ending like this DID YOU #joygiforever

This was supposed to be uploaded on 15 Dec which was wenrene day #HAPPYWENRENEDAY

thank you for all the comments and the subscriptions

New stories/one shots are coming so STAY TUNED

make sure to follow me on instagram @wendy_my_baechu I post wenrene and RV  

SEE YOU ON MY NEXT STORY

:)