Stare

Russian Roulette

 

Wendy didn't sleep last night. Irene was on her mind. Each day that passed she became... Softer? But it wouldn't last long. She would be back to her normal self in mere seconds.

 

She shook her head and looked at the clock.

 

9:00am

 

She had to go to work. Great. She pulled herself out of the bed and dragged her feet into the bathroom.

 

She flipped the bathroom light switch and then proceeded to cover her eyes from the blinding light that was on her bathroom wall.

 

Does that light bulb really have to be that bright?

 

She dragged her body into the shower and switched the water on. Her patience wasn't with her when she woke up. Instead of waiting like every normal person, Wendy walked into the shower even though the water was probably still cold.

 

Cold… It kind of matches Irene's face...

 

While doing the mindless task of washing her hair, she proceeded to let her thoughts wonder on the upcoming day. Again, most of her thoughts centered around her new roommate.

 

I wonder how I should approach her. It's obvious that she acts the way she does as a defense mechanism but defense from what? What could she possibly be scared of?

 

Wendy let herself ponder on the woman for the rest of her shower. She closed her eyes and smiled with the feeling of warmth over her body. 

 

 ---

 

"I haven't seen Joy for a long time. How is she?" Wendy asked.

 

They were sitting on the couch watching Irene's favorite drama. Yes, it was awkward. Really awkward. And as if that wasn't enough, Wendy also had to ignore the glances that Irene threw every now and then.

 

"She's fine." Irene said, looking at the TV.

 

"Great."

 

Silence once again filled the room. They didn't say a word until the drama was over.

 

"So, what do you want to do?" Irene turned her whole body to face Wendy.

 

"W-What do you mean?" Why am I stuttering?

 

"Well, the drama is over, and so is your job for today. Why don't we go outside for a walk?"

 

Whaaat?

 

"I'll go change. You should do the same." Irene said and went to her room.

 

Whaaaaaaaat?

 

This is happening too quickly. I can't keep up anymore.

 

---

 

It wasn't that bad. It was... Well.... Okay it was bad. It was bad for Wendy. Because Irene seemed to enjoy this a little bit too much. They were walking down the street, looking at the shops.

 

"Do you want something to drink?" Irene suddenly asked.

 

Wendy immediately snapped her head up to look at her, "Um, sure." she said and Irene smiled sweetly. "Great! Do you like coffee?"

 

"Of course. Who doesn't?" Wendy smiled at Irene's silliness.

 

"I don't. I hate coffee." Irene looked at her feet.

 

She looked at her with wide eyes, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know..." Wendy said as they stepped into a coffee shop.

 

"No, it's okay." She smiled again, "I'll order. You can sit here." She continued and pointed at the table next to her. Wendy nodded and sat down.

 

As she was sitting, she observed Irene. Her movements, her expressions. Everything. She had to figure out what made her personality have a 360 degree turn. It's not that she didn't like the new Irene. She was lovely, cute and... Shy? Wendy loved it but it happened so fast and she didn't even know why. She noticed that it happened a few days after Joy stopped coming at their apartment. Did something happen between her and Joy? What could it be?

 

Though she'd never admit it, she was a little grateful that Irene came along. Sure, she disliked the insults, the arguments, and the cockiness but… here was a little sense of fun from all the escapades. But now that they didn't fight as much and Irene was sweet and kind... She had to get used to this.

 

"Here." Irene said as she placed her drink on the table.

 

"Thank you."

 

"No problem." She said with a smile.

 

She had to get used to this. And that wouldn't be bad at all.

 

 

---

 

On their way to their apartment Wendy couldn't help but notice Irene's eyes, which kept looking at her then back at her feet.

 

"Do I have something on my face?" Wendy asked.

 

"What?" Irene looked at her again, "N-No. You're..."

 

A pause.

 

Wendy looked at her confused, "I'm what?"

 

"You're fine. There's nothing on your face." Irene looked back at her feet.

 

Then why do you keep staring?

 

Irene was just so confusing. She made the walk even more awkward than the first one.

 

Once they reached the apartment, Irene quickly ran into her room, phone on her hand.

 

"Joy we need to talk." Wendy heard Irene say.

 

So, they didn't fight. That's good.

 

"Yeah, I'm coming." Irene said and came out of her room, "I'll go over Joy's." Irene said with that smile again.

 

"Okay, sure." Wendy watched Irene leave. Once the door closed she looked around. What to do?

 

I'll just call Seulgi.

 

---

 

"So you're telling me that she's good now?"

 

Seulgi came over and they were sitting in the living room talking about Wendy's new problem.

 

"I think..."

 

"And she kept staring at you all day?"

 

"Yeah..."

 

Seulgi crossed her arms and looked down with a frown.

 

"I think she's crazy. You have to move." She said firmly. Wendy's eyes widened in shock.

 

"What?"

 

"You heard me."

 

Wendy looked at her dumbfounded. Did Seulgi and Irene switch personalities? Seulgi grabbed Wendy's wrist furiously, "I'm sure we'll find a better apartment."

 

"Seulgi what's wrong with you? This apartment is great!" Wendy said and pulled her hand away.

 

"Yes, but your roommate isn't!" She almost yelled.

 

"What are you talking about? Please calm down, Seulgi." 

 

All Seulgi did was stare at her. She stared deep into her eyes. Like... She was trying to say something.

 

What is with all the stares today?

 

"Please leave..." Seulgi finally said with a pout.

 

"No, I-I..." Wendy started but stopped when she saw Seulgi leaning closer to her.

 

"You can stay with me..." She said and leaned closer.

 

"Seul-"

 

Keys. The door. Irene was back.

 

They looked at each other and quickly stood up.

 

"Hey, Wendy.... And Seulgi?" Irene said once she took off her shoes.

 

Seulgi looked at Irene then back at Wendy, "I have to go." She said and took her jacket.

 

"Wait Seulgi!" Wendy tried to stop her but she had already left. She sighed and looked at Irene.

 

"Are you you two okay?" Irene asked and went closer to Wendy.

 

"I-I think... I think she's angry... But I don't know why... Seulgi's never angry..." Wendy sighed again.

 

Irene smirked, "That's great."

 

Wendy looked at her with a frown, "Great?"

 

After a second Irene's eyes widened, "That's not what I meant! I-I mean, I hope you'll find out what's wrong with her!"

 

"Um, thanks... I guess..."

 

"I-I'll go to my room now..." Irene said and turned her back.

 

"Alright." She softly said.

 

 

Little did she know that Irene had an even bigger smirk on her face now.

 

 

-----------------------------

Another chapter! Yay! What is going on here guys? Seulgi? Irene? Joy? Any ideas? 

I am not really paying attention to these chapters as I want to reach the chapters with the fluff. Yes, there's going to be fluff. YAY!

These chapters are quick and short and rushed and yeah.... BUT WE'LL GET TO IT DONT WORRY.

:)