Cold

Russian Roulette

 

"No, no, no...Yes! This one!" Wendy exclaimed when she finally found a suitable apartment for herself after weeks of endless searching.

 

She was in need of a new apartment as her old one, which she shared with her family, was miles away from her new job.

 

"Wait a minute...A roommate? Oh, no." She sighed and took a look at the classified ads she had previously highlighted. None of them was as convenient as the first one.

 

"I guess I don't have an alternative..." She took her phone and nervously dialed the number.

 

Beep beep beep

 

"Hello?"

 

-

 

Oh god, oh god.

 

Wendy, whose hands had begun to fidget nervously, had been staring at the apartment's door for over ten minutes.

 

What if my new roommate isn't friendly? How am I going to share my apartment with a complete stranger?

 

But then her job came into her mind. She needed the money. Her family needed the money. She had to do this.

 

Here we go...

 

She sighed one last time and knocked the door.

 

-

 

Almost immediately a young lady opened the door.

 

"Hello, you must be Wendy." She said and looked at her from head to toe with a criticising look.

 

Great I just came here and I already feel uncomfortable.

 

"Yes, that's me. And you are-"

 

"I'm Joohyun. Irene for friends." She cut her off.

 

Wendy looked suspiciously at her and said, "Then I guess I can call you Irene."

 

"No. You can't." She said coldly and Wendy almost shivered, "Come in." She continued.

 

Wendy took a step in and looked at her surroundings. Not too big, not too small. The apartment was great so far unlike its owner.

 

-

 

"So, there's your room. There's the bathroom and here's the kitchen." Irene said and pointed at each room, "I'll be in my room. Just knock if you need help unpacking."

 

Maybe she's not that cold after all.

 

"Sure, I'll-" Wendy started but Joohyun had already left.

 

Scratch that.

 

-

 

Wendy lay in her new bed, staring at the ceiling. She was exhausted. Not only physically but emotionally too. She already missed her family. She wasn't ready for her new job. Her new roommate... Well, she didn't know what to think about her yet.

 

I guess I'll find out tomorrow... She thought and closed her eyes.

 

-

-

-

-

 

Hello! This is just a preview don't worry. Next chapter is going to be longer! Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Ideas for future chapters are accepted!

:)