Treachery

I LOVE YOU through eternity and.......beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the chamber, princess hyerim was dressed up in appropriate clothes getting prepared for the robbery. She decided to accompany chanyeol for the last time, as she wanted to end this immediately especially because of how dangerously her heart was faltering around him.

“Princess, you are leaving again? Do not meet that man” gyuri pleaded after perceiving her feelings for the same man she is going to accompany. “I need to gyuri” she replied sternly. Looking at her worried expression hyerim assured her she will be fine “I apologize for yesterday. I wasn’t in my right mind. I didn’t know why i conducted myself like that? It was a first for me” she was apologetic and also thankful for her help.

“Princess, it is necessary to go?” she asked fearing this is leading into something unwanted. Nodding she decided to end this. I want an answer about our relationship. Recollecting his words, a twinge in her heart appeared. Becoming conscious that chanyeol and she cannot be together; and neither can sunggyu and her relationship can take a next step she exhaled.

Her head was muddled up; even if she wanted to untangle her emotions it was beyond her limits. Reluctantly, she decided to go fulfill her promise.

Noticing gyuri watching her with a painful expression “I remember gyuri, i clearly bear in mind the duties of a princess. I recollect every word father has taught me so fear not i will not withdraw from my commitments” she held her hand, squeezing them a little. Gyuri could see few tears clouding her eyes “Princess” she muttered. Hyerim immediately stepped back deciding to leave secretly after saying her totseins from her side.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………................................................................

 

On the other hand, sunggyu was in his quarters with doojoon going through the royal work when a guard entered the room “Your highness, there is a woman who would like your precious time. She insists to discuss something really important and says it will help you deeply. His highness, what do you command?” he approached for his suggestion.

“Reject her, i do not wish to meet a commoner unannounced” he dismissed.

“Yes, your highness” he turned around but sunggyu ordered “Stop, send her in” he changed his decision to meet her.

After a second or two, a lady entered the quarters covered in a black veil from head to toe. Bowing her head “His highness, i am grateful to be allowed an opportunity to speak to you” she revealed her happiness.

Immediately he signaled her to proceed “What is that you wish to talk to me that you even approached me directly?” he questioned with curiousity.

The lady grinned behind the veiled cloth “Your highness, i have an information of at most importance to you and the kingdom. I would like to reveal it to you but not in front any other eyes and ears” she requested to send doojoon away.

The general immediately drew his sword and pointed to her neck “What is your intention? Who sent you?” he demanded answers.

The lady laughed making him startle “Your highness, i assumed you to be a wise man and approached you for your benefit but if you are unwilling to listen to my precious facts and knowledge i would like to take a leave this very instant. Let me inform you for your principal safety that i am a citizen of this kingdom and i do not wish to bring harm to you, neither do i have any sharp objects on me. I am here merely as an informant. It is up to you if you want to put your trust in me or not” she concluded.

Impressed by her talk and her insistence of the important information he ordered doojoon to vacate the room and also the other guards.

“But his highness” doojoon objected but sunggyu remained obstinate “I have the ability to protect myself general” he replied confidently.

As soon as the room was vacated, sunggyu walked to the woman “Before you tell me the reason you arrived, i wish to see you only then i may believe your words” he suggested.

Agreeing to his words, she uncovered herself. His lips turned up watching the gorgeous girl. Quickly scanning her “You are not a royal but from the colony” he declared and then took a seat on his throne.

The woman snickered and bowed again. Introducing herself “This is the reason i have approached you directly your highness. I am sulli. I have the information regarding the masked man” she announced.

Sunggyu instantly rose from his seat and landed in front of her. Strangling her neck “If you are playing a trick, woman, i will not spare you” he squeezed it. Her eyes widened and it was difficult to breath.

Dropping his hands, “Despite knowing the threat, you came here and revealed such fact then i assume you are brave, also your words contain truth in them” he smiled widely at her.

Sulli coughed continuously, containing her breath she smiled at him evilly “His highness is quite sly….. so unfair that his own bride to be is cheating on him with his enemy the masked man” she revealed.

Sunggyu laughed making her smile drop “The information you brought is extremely weak. I am equally aware of it. Since you came all the way here i appreciate it and will reward you with the riches. You can take a leave” he swiftly moved his fingers indicating her to leave.

Sulli was startled realizing his awareness of his wife to be two timing him. Her confidence rose “You are perhaps clever in this highness but only i can help you with the identity of the masked man. I assume you have never seen his appearance” she smirked at him.

Striding towards her he grabbed her hair and pulled her closer “What would you like?” he asked the price. Smiling evilly, she ran her finger on his bare chest “I came prepared your highness”.

Shifting his hand behind her waist, he lifted her and took her inside the private quarters. Throwing her on the bed, he hovered over her and impatiently tasted her “You will answer my every questions until i satisfy you”. Sulli squeezed her eyes shut. Chanyeol, forgive me. I will use any underhand methods to hurl hyerim out of your life. Only then you will look at me. If it is to get you, i can do anything .

Her obsession with her childhood friend did not let her see the darkness she was drifting into. All she wanted was him and for that she could sacrifice anything and everything of hers.

Sunggyu hungrily devoured her and she satisfied him equally. “Control your wife to be and i will share the location of the masked man’s next loot” she said dressing up. Sunggyu grabbed her from behind leaving a trail of kisses on her neck “I know that, a woman like you don’t need to remind this crown prince. Reveal his plan this instant” he twisted her arms behind. Groaning in pain she informed him. Throwing her on the floor “If the informant is wrong her life will not be spared” he cunningly announced.

Looking him straight in the eye “I gave you whatever i have. Too bad what i want is just your woman out of my important person’s life” she revealed in anger. Sunggyu laughed “A woman’s enemy is another woman. Guess that saying is right. Though i am doubtful that you will reveal the identity of your beloved masked man whom your heart belongs to, i will believe in your words” he stated her feelings for masked man.

She stood stunned also gulping as she unintentionally revealed her feelings “Only if you promise you will never harm him” she made a deal. Sunggyu accepted but he was devious. Sulli exited and sunggyu grinned to himself “Hyerim, no matter how many woman i take i still desire you” he passed his fingers through his hair. “Regarding the masked man, he is trapped” he laughed.

Meanwhile, doojoon was outside the chamber waiting to tail the mysterious woman, sulli.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………….............................................................................

 

On the other hand, chanyeol was anxiously waiting to meet hyerim as he could discern his feelings for her were not just a passing fancy. She became dear to him and he was confident she was the one for him unsuspecting her that she is concealing the fact of her being the future queen of jeonju, also her real name.

In an animated voice he said to his friends “Our goal is to get what we desire, remember not to return empty handed”. Jinwoo who was well aware of his reason of being excited shook his head in disbelief. Truthfully he was afraid but also happy watching his childhood friend beaming. They reached the discussed place of their next loot.

Hyerim joined them at the designated place. Meeting her was exciting to chanyeol. After the kiss he expected a progress in their relationship. His eyes were set on her while she felt really uneasy. He was literally staring holes in her body.

“Chanyeol” one of the men thankfully disturbed his staring session and hyerim had never been thankful to a man for his help as she was at this moment. The robbery today was at a royal embassy where the royals were illegally selling the river, which was the only source of water for jeonju and to the neighboring kingdom.

Their motive was to steal the legal documents which had a royal seal and return it back to their own kingdom. Hyerim who heard his plan of action was impressed by the wise man. She was definitely attracted to chanyeol’s warm and kind nature that the truth of him being a criminal didn’t matter anymore. Sometimes, she wondered how her aspects and ideologies changed so much after meeting this man. Now all she cares about is justice. Reaching his hand to her face he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Hyerim’s breath hitched, turning around she blamed herself internally for looking dazed.

Her rejection earned a suspicion from chanyeol but he withdrew when she faked a smile. Thinking he was probably over thinking he concentrated on his task. Taking their positions waiting for the cue, they were anxious. Chanyeol signaled them when the royal seal was handed over and the gang immediately marched forward.

Hyerim rode her horse at full speed. Chanyeol followed showing admiration for her quick resolution. With one jump, hyerim snatched the deal. A commotion took place in the embassy “It’s the masked man” the guards screamed for backup. The gang dispersed. The royal guards were after them. Hyerim sped her horse “Faster!! Queen!!” she shouted watching them catching up to her. Chanyeol turned his head “Quick!!” he guided her to the escape route.

The gang dispersed just to divert them to various routes. Chanyeol and hyerim took a similar route as preplanned.  In the chase, a mistake happened. Hyerim fell down the horse and the guards were catching up. Spotting her in a threatening circumstance he stopped abruptly. Turning his horse around “Thunder, show me boy” he patted its back. Neighing, the horse marched forward. Bending, he forwarded his hand. She decided to suffer the consequences expecting to get caught but shifting her head she saw chanyeol approaching.

Her heart thumped, standing up she took his offering hand. Climbing the horse, they changed the direction and sped up.  Whistling chanyeol directed queen and it followed. Hyerim’s heart created an unexpected eruption as his broad chest kept rubbing her back. His rocky chest acted as a barricade to cease her fall. Queen caught up with them and matched thunder’s steps. Successfully, they lost them. To avoid any impending dangers, they changed their clothes. Disguising themselves, they blended among the citizens.

“Spread out, they must not escape” the head guard warned. The search was on. Both turned around instantly.  “Oi, you lad” a guard stopped. They halted, stunned at his order. Chanyeol entwined their fingers. Their breaths halted along with their feet. “What is that in your sack?” he questioned. His suspicion grew as both remained hushed. As he approached them warily, chanyeol slammed his face with his strong arm and hyerim knocked him out with her kick.

As other guards backed up, they escaped hand in hand. “Free divination, from madam jeom gongjunim (Divination princess). Come in citizens of jeonju. Learn about your future whether love, riches or health. Jeom gongjunim will say it all. Please visit for accurate future reading” a man kept gathering attentions of the citizen. Chanyeol and hyerim were tired of running. Taking a breather, they stood in the middle of the road. Spotting the guards approaching they ran again.

In order to save themselves, they entered a shelter. The dark and mysterious aura inside the shelter puzzled them. “Greetings” a voice welcome them from the darkness. Curiously, they walked inside and spotted a lady dressed in a mysterious way. Her dress was black; her jet black hair was let open, and in front of her were cards spread out and candles lit. “Young couple, come” she smiled watching her hands clasped. Hyerim pulled her hand back exhaling. With her fingers the lady gestured them to come inside.

“Pardon me miss, we entered by mistake. We will take a leave now” chanyeol bowed. “Nothing is mistake in this world, everything is fate…….They are still in your perimeter, child” she closed her eyes and conveyed. Perplexed by her words, they turned around. Gulping they took a seat in front of her. “Hand” she asked them to place in hers. Taking their hand in each she closed her eyes and mumbled some incoherent words.

Exhaling she opened “All i can see is love” she stated. Hyerim shivered and chanyeol beamed in happiness. His lips parted and turned to hyerim in surprise though he had a hunch her feelings are same.

The lady added shaking her head “But….difficult, the path is very difficult” she muttered. Chanyeol watched her in surprise. A chill ran down hyerim’s spine. “Just follow your heart. Be strong and you will definitely achieve it….believe…..just believe in your love” she assured him, smiling at him.

Squeezing hyerim’s hand the lady smiled at her “Complex, your heart is covered by the mist. You need to accept it. Heart knows….who it wants”. Her words were creating turmoil in her heart. As if she could read her she kept revealing her hidden feelings.

Taking her hand back instantly, hyerim stood “I am afraid, we need to leave” she said trembling in fear.  Chanyeol was puzzled by her words and hyerim’s actions.

The lady continued when they were about to leave “If you want to strengthen your love. If you want to stay together for eternity, this coming full moon is an auspicious day. It is the day of blood moon. Anybody who vows their love under the blood moon and kiss under the peach tree which is situated at the end of the cliff at midnight will be united forever”.

“You need to unite….soon……trouble is approaching” she continued her words still closing her eyes. Chanyeol and hyerim wondered what she was speaking. She remained silent and closed her eyes. Contemplating her words, they took their heavy steps and left the place finally.

The lady opened her eyes as soon as they left. “Dreadful…the end is horrible…..only their love can save them” she wished for their future and sighed.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………............................................................................

 

Chanyeol and hyerim exited the place and successfully avoided the guards. Stepping in front of her, he took her hands gently. Giving a pleasing smile, he took her to the stalls he regularly visits just to ease her from the worries. Hyerim appreciated his intentions but the words of fortune teller bothered her very much though she has distrust on such things.

 Chanyeol efforts worked and hyerim star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter