Apprehension

I LOVE YOU through eternity and.......beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even in the most arduous situations and a bleak future hyerim never ceases to lose. Her will was strong and her confidence was unshakeable. Being with chanyeol and learning from him she gained much belief in her inner self. He was the one who taught her to never lose before trying and if you try, you succeed. If he was her weakness, he was her strength too.

Regaining her composure, she prepared herself to save her beloved, chanyeol. Now that her feelings were exposed she did not fear anything. She always feared her commitments as a princess would bind her and tried her best to conceal those feelings behind the tag of a princess but she decided to follow her heart from here onwards.

“Somi, keep an eye on the crown prince along with gukjoo. Be careful my dear he is a really cunning man and could go to any lengths” she requested. Also handing over a sharp poisoned knife “Save yourself from the impending danger” her eyes depicted the permission to stab him if required. Exhaling somi prepared herself and hid it under her dress.

“What are you up to sister?” she questioned watching her preparing herself. Turning to her with a determined look “I am going to save him” she conveyed. “Are your feelings for him…. is it love?” somi was straightforward. She always followed the princess virtues more than anything so hyerim feared if she will be supportive of her feelings for chanyeol, a commoner also a criminal. Even so she remained willful and honest.

“I do have feelings for him. I am well aware that we can never be united since i am a princess and he….Even if that is the case i would never wish for his death like this. He has done a righteous act for his kingdom and people. Despite being a commoner he cared for the citizen’s prosperity more than the royals…..more than that heinous and merciless crown prince. I will not tolerate any injustice done to this virtuous man whose honour is on par with any other royal. I need to save him at any rate even if it is to go against my virtue, even if i bring disgrace as a princess” she declared.

Somi could feel her sincere love for him. It was depressing that her mutual love might not have a happy ending. She supported her to release the man her sister was fond of. “I will help you always” she encased her arms around her tightly. Giving an assuring pat on her arms hyerim set out. Gyuri followed after pressurizing her and also reminding her of the duty to follow her. Splitting into teams of two they started their mission.

Hyerim and gyuri finally reached the guarded prison where the masked man was rumored to be held captive. With an anxious heart they approached the dark and eerie walls. The place was heavily guarded as expected but it did not stop their dangerous mission. Hyerim eyed gyuri to proceed with the plan to divert the guards and also halt them giving her enough time to enter and then will follow her into the prison. Just as they discussed and implemented, the guards were left for a few minutes giving them an opportunity to sneak into the prison. They hurriedly took their steps to the special cell exclusively kept in the dark corner where he was rumored to be thrown in.

Hyerim’s breath was erratic, her mind and heart were throbbing loudly afraid of not finding him at the designated place. Fortunately, they found a man tied behind the strong iron bars. A feeble voice escaped their mouths as he was mercilessly tied with chains and beaten to pulp. The blood kept gushing down his hands and legs, his head was lowered and his hair falling on his face. It was a horrendous sight. Controlling their hearts they walked closer to the bars.

Their steps halted, gyuri immediately called him in a painful voice as hyerim’s eyes were no position to see her beloved in that state “Masked man”. A sharp breath left his dried up mouth with a great difficulty. Forcefully, he lifted his blood filled face making them gasp. Hyerim froze watching his silhouette in the dark, hurriedly bringing the torch closer she threw the light on his face. This time it was gyuri who was surprised and dropped on the ground watching his face.

“Jinwoo” hyerim managed to utter the words.  Gyuri controlled her emotions as she could never forget the man she met at the fair once. It was just once and for a few moments but he managed to capture her heart with ease. His gentleness, his personality and his politeness made her fall for him. Her heart sank thinking he was the masked man her princess loves and was depressed to commit a grave mistake of loving the same man.

“Jinwoo, what are you doing here? Where is chanyeol? Do not tell me….you sacrificed for him” hyerim demanded answers. Weakly, he smiled “If it is for my precious friend i don’t mind dying” he relayed taking long breaths. Gyuri immediately stood up feeling relieved listening to their conversation, contemplating he was not hyerim’s lover but his friend. Her love for him increased two folds watching his selflessness.

A commotion was heard outside, gyuri immediately requested hyerim to look out while she helps jinwoo escape from the route they discovered and planned before hand. Hyerim appreciated her help also felt contended to watch her friends’ eyes filled with love comprehending her love for him. She followed and gyuri instantly slammed open the bars lock. Immediately, she rushed inside and helped him out of the chains.

After clearly looking at her “You are that woman i met at the fair…gyuri” he recollected. Gyuri’s happiness was not defined that he remembers her but this uncalled situation did not let her be happy. Immediately releasing him, she helped him out.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................................................................

 

Meanwhile, somi was keeping a watch on sunggyu with her maid gukjoo. They were guarding the door attentively afraid he will visit the prison. To their surprise sunggyu remained in his chamber along with few royals discussing something very confidential. They were sure it was private as they were tensed and working on it secretly. They wanted to approach them and have a closer look but hyerim’s warning stopped them from doing so.

Frustrated somi decided to sneak closer to the window at least with an intention to listen to their conversation if not see the royal documents they were preparing. Gukjoo begged her not to be so lenient also warned her of the adversities. “I need to help sister” her reasoning made her give up her struggle to persuade her. They moved closer. While somi was trying to listen to them gukjoo was guarding the area. Maintaining a pin drop silence they concentrated on their words.

“Do not be frightened royal shindong, my father the king will not discover anything. If you are considering my mother as a threat? Well, you don’t need to. What can a woman do?” he snickered. Somi felt disgusted by his words that he did not even respect his mother who bore him and gave birth to him. She became attentive when the mention of mingyu arrived.

Sunggyu continued with an evil look in his eyes “The only threat who can disrupt my progress of becoming the king soon is my beloved brother mingyu. Indeed, a plan is to be prepared to fling him forcefully” he revealed his intentions.

Shindong gulped watching his seriousness “His highness, are you planning to throw him out of the kingdom?” he questioned. An immoral laughter spread across the room and the royals wondered if it is funny. Taking a mouthful of wine, he gulped it down and took a refreshing breath “When i say toss him aside, i meant to conclude his life” he care freely expressed about killing him.

Somi gasped loudly hearing his intentions of killing mingyu. Gukjoo’s eyes broadened when sunggyu immediately stood up “Who is there?” he demanded to come forward. Both somi and gukjoo froze. Shivering they glanced at each other. Their throats were dry and their hearts were beating rapidly. “Come forward this instance” sunggyu decided to corner them and signaled shindong to go and look outside.

Suddenly, somebody closed their mouths and dragged them out of there. Shindong followed sunggyu’s order but found no one at the window. Suddenly, they heard a commotion outside. The guard came running “Your highness, the convict masked man has escaped” he announced. Sunggyu stood stunned “Find him” he was furious and the guards marched in search of him.

Meanwhile, somi and gukjoo were in deep trouble as they feared they were captured by sunggyu’s men but thankfully a pleasant voice greeted somi “Princess”. Exhaling a long breath she watched the person before her “Your highness” she smiled at minggyu who was with general doojoon by his side.

“I appreciate your courage but please be careful my beloved princess. You gave me fright there. You would be slaughtered if discovered by the crown prince and i do not wish anything unpleasant happening to you ever” he cupped her cheeks. Expressing her heartfelt affection she embraced him “Forgive me your highness, it was not my intention to throw you into panic but i could not help myself on gathering such strong information on the crown prince” she revealed.

Breathing her scent, separating her body, he captured her lips. While he was about to go for a next one she turned her head refusing him to proceed. “Princess?” it earned him suspicion.

Embracing her again securely “I wish to talk to you about an important affair and in front of your sister her highness too” he expressed. Somi gave him a troubling look.

Urgently, his hands cup around her rosy cheeks “And do not even assume i am taking back my promise of wedding you….whatever might be the result that is not going to occur” he assured. Her eyes squeezed shut feeling relieved and he devoured her lips in a split second.

“Pardon my intrusion, his highness” doojoon reminded the place was not safe and they need to leave. They separated with blush coloured cheeks. Clasping their hands tightly they left to meet hyerim assuming the commotion outside, which was explanatory she achieved success in escaping the masked man.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………............................................................................

 

Meanwhile, hyerim was separated from gyuri, who was with jinwoo helping him escape from the palace. They could hear the commotion outside growing, also a row of guards marching in every direction. Gyuri held him in her arms tightly and stood behind the wall. She wished they are not caught. Her heavy breathing displayed how nervous she was.

Jinwoo couldn’t believe a stranger was willing to go that far to help him. He was touched also impressed by her confidence and will. He was aware the penalty to save him might be severe but her eyes looked so determined that he was captured by her earnesty.

Somehow, they succeeded in exiting through the back door of the palace by deceiving those guards.

Pushing him slightly to the hyerim’s horse queen was kept ready for his departure. “Go!! Before they find you, leave this palace and go to a safer place” she pleaded. With tears in her eyes she wiped the blood on his face with her silk handkerchief and tied it around his head which was bleeding.

Grabbing her hand in the most assertive way “Why are you willing to go to such lengths to save me?” he queried. A painful expression greeted him instead.

Wiping her tears with his weak and bloody hands “Are these tears conveying your feelings for me?” he questioned truthfully. With the sound of the footsteps gyuri became attentive “Jinwoo, i beg of you, escape before the guards find you” she was frantic.

Jinwoo pulled her closer grabbing her arm “Not until you answer me….i am not leaving this palace unless you tell me why does it matter for you if i am alive or dead” he demanded.

Her eyes brimmed with tears, she instantly placed her hand on his lips “Do not utter such words” she begged. Withdrawing her hand, “It doesn’t matter….i doubt my feelings are mutual” she revealed but her heart raced when his lips crashed on hers.

The footsteps were drawing closer but they continued savouring their moment. Resting his forehead on hers “It is not on impulse, every single day i have been visiting the fair in search of that fair maiden. Who would have thought i would find you here?” he smiled widely.

Encasing him in her arms she felt contended to hear his words. Immediately removing his leather necklace he tied it around her neck “I want you as my wife. Please accept this as collateral. I will definitely take you away…….. Are you willing to accompany me?” he proposed but slightly doubtful he going way too fast.

Watching him slightly worried, she landed her lips on his “The princess needs me now. She is in a difficult stage. I cannot leave her alone and feel contended with my life. I will join you after she returns to silla safely” she expressed her acceptance to his proposal.

Giving a quick kiss he rode the horse and left. Gyuri clutched her heart in happiness not until she heard the crumbling of leaves. Sweating profoundly she turned around only to find hyerim. A sigh of relief escaped from her lips.

 “Princess, we accomplished this mission” she revealed with a beaming smile. Hyerim gave a gentle pat on her head “Your radiant smile is so contagious gyuri perhaps it is because of saving your beloved” she clearly .

A crimson hue spread across her cheeks. “Do you wish to inform something to me?” she raised her eyebrows and gyuri immediately hugged her, feeling grateful “He gave me an eternal promise princess……a promise of eternal love” she revealed. They teared up in glee.

“Am i doing the right thing? Even i am unsure but…..” gyuri was interrupted. “Rest assured gyuri, jinwoo is the most capable man. He is chanyeol’s….my important person’s right hand. Chanyeol trusts him, i trust him. Today's sacrifice is anoth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter