Conspiracy

I LOVE YOU through eternity and.......beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another new day arrived with jumbled emotions. In frazzled state was princess somi who couldn’t sleep the whole night. The bags under her eyes were clearly visible and also her eyes were swollen. The reason for her distress was prince mingyu. Leaving her enormous room secretly early in the morning and by saving herself from the eyes of gukjoo, her personal maid, she reached the same garden which mingyu introduced before.

Though she was here to have a peace of mind but that seemed to be beyond the bounds of possibility as his words echoed in her ears and his memories flashed right into her mind. She didn’t understand why his disregard affected her so much. Covering her body in a thin shawl she sat in the garden. The dew drops accumulated on the fresh grass and leaves made her hands and legs damp until she realized it wasn’t dew but her own tears which were dropping from her already puffy eyes.

Within her blurry sight she could see a faint silhouette of a man who was in the garden tending the roses. Recognizing his physique she hurried to his side “His highness?” she called him with tears in her eyes and her observation was right he was indeed prince mingyu. Noticing her he walked away, completely ignoring her. His harshness shattered her heart, weeping she called him again “Prince mingyu, f…for….give me” burying her face in her palms. He stopped, striding towards her decisively he pulled her into his arms. Her breath was taken away as soon as his strong body engulfed her slim figure. As his embrace tightened her eyes softened, inundated with happy emotions she wrapped her hands around his back.

Mingyu’s eyes shot open as her nails nig deep into his silk robe. His mouth curved into a smile, he parted their bodies. Now that she realized her actions, blood gushed to her cheeks. His emotions were overflowing noticing her expressions, which depicted her glee. Gently touching her face still anxious on the inside, he kept looking at her intently, also wiping her tears. Her heart overflowed, with a tingling sensation all over her body she stared into his eyes dearly. A smile beamed on her lips while he returned the same. The twinkle in her eyes, her desperation and her satisfaction after patching up with him made him realize that he has become dear to her. With the same confidence, he planted his impatient lips on her rosy lips. Her eyes flickered as he nibbled on her lips. A second later he separated only to look at the shocked girl who just recovered, embarrassed she ran away leaving behind the man who till now acted all confident but his ears couldn’t hide the embarrassment too.

Somi who ran like there is no tomorrow feeling embarrassed, confused and beaming ran into hyerim who was taking a stroll in the palace. Dumfounded she asked somi if everything was fine but the girl kept breathing hard. As if she was dreaming, she answered dazed “Sister,…..i….am…overjoyed” she quickly rushed to her chamber shyly. Wondering what happened to her strict sister she shook her head. Disregarding the minor details she was elated to see her happy.

Hyerim passed through the mysterious chamber and halted in front of the door. A guard came rushing to her side “Her highness, you are not allowed to enter in here” he suggested to keep off. “And whose orders are those from?” hyerim enquired but guard stood tight lipped. Breathing out she walked away anticipating she will get nothing from him.

After a walk, she reached her chamber only to find gyuri waiting for her arrival impatiently “Princess? I heard there is a funfair in the town. Let’s go out and enjoy this pleasant evening” she requested. Hyerim gave it a thought as her head was muddled. She wanted a break to clear her mind, probably heart too. Immediately she agreed “Somi can join us too” she suggested. Gyuri agreed and quickly left to deliver the news to somi.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..............................................................................

 

Hyerim, somi along with gyuri and gukjoo dressed up in casual clothes and left the palace to enjoy the streets of the jeonju like a commoner. This time not sneaking out but after properly informing the queen they left the palace confidently. Within the hustle and bustle, the streets of jeonju light up. The moon slowly appeared in the sky shining brightly, accompanied were the thousands of twinkling stars.

The group was in high spirits to discover the interest of the commoners. The joy on their faces cannot be hidden while looking around the stalls of fried food, pancakes and rice drink. They felt elevated looking at different hair and ear accessories. Though it was different from their expensive gems and gold yet they were attractive. Finally, the major attraction was the rides. Hyerim was the most happiest of them all as she was given freedom and wanted to enjoy at its fullest. She wasn’t bound by royalty today but was freed from the chains of discipline and social status. Somi was looking around the things happily. She was charmed by everything just like a normal girl. The girls were separated by a shop each but could clearly see each other.

 A guy approached somi while she was busy watching the pottery making “Looks decent isn’t it?” he said. Startled somi turned around only to see a man with moustache. Not replying she turned around but he pestered her “Do not disturb me” she warned and he slowly removed half of his fake moustache “His high….” she gasped. Mingyu placed his hand on “You will reveal my identity” he whispered. Somi recollected their encounter and turned scarlet. Noticing her cheeks he suggested accompanying her in the fair. Shyly she accepted and both escaped before others could notice.

Not aware of this hyerim kept going farther away from her maids. “Do you want this miss?” a vendor asked her, showing a dagger made of ivory hilt. Hyerim was definitely impressed; her interest in swords never disappoints her. She touched the intricate design, watching it as if was possessed “Looks like, what the princess cares is all about swords” the vendor chuckled. Lifting her head perplexed she glanced at the vendor puzzled. He leaned forward “I am disappointed again. How can you not recognize your partner in crime, princess?”  he smirked and took off the disguise.

“Chanyeol” hyerim uttered, surprised watching him in there, she asked “What are you doing here?”. Chanyeol left the shop to his friends and joined her “Well, we commoners need to work to fill our stomachs my lady” he chuckled. Rolling her eyes at him she walked away “Well, i am busy now. I have no time to waste on you. Carry on, with the business of yours” she smirked.

Following her around chanyeol giggled like a little boy, hyerim shooed him, telling him to leave her alone but he was adamant to give a tour of this funfair. “Today, I will be lady eunji’s personal guide” he declared.

“I do not have a need for anybody to guide me. I am not a little girl who will be lost” she explained, giving a frown she walked away. Chanyeol ran after her smiling widely “They call me jeonju’s explorer as i have exceptional intellectual and knowledge of streets” he praised himself.

“Hmph” hyerim snorted “Looking at you acting impudently you should be called jeonju’s fool instead” she laughed. The corner of his mouth turned up “It is fine even if i am being called a food by you my lady. I will take it as a complement but please allow me to be your companion for tonight” he requested.

Her eyes twinkled and quirked up disbelievingly “Well, chanyeol the great guide what will you show me next” she giggled and he gladly accepted the role of the . “Please, this way lady eunji” he guided the way and she followed smiling at his cheerfulness. Both left from one stall to another enjoying. They ate different types of food that were sold.

“This is jeonju’s speciality, vegetable pancake” he took a sample and stuffed in . Skeptical about the taste of the weird looking pancake she took a bite but her opinion changed “Mmm….chanyeol, this is exceptional. I am ecstatic to taste this hidden treasure” she complemented and kept eating those while he only laughed watching her acting like a normal girl.

Enjoying her company chanyeol was also in high spirits. Spending time with her, laughing and chatting, he was elated too. The shine in his eyes was not hidden from hyerim, probably her eyes were the same too. She wondered why chanyeol was coming closer to her and it definitely was making her heart at unrest.

On the other hand, gyuri who was separated was looking around for the others. Her eyes wandered in search of them hurriedly. She was about to crash into a pottery stall when somebody grabbed her body and pulled her towards him. Startled gyuri glanced at the person.

Noticing a good looking young man her heart thumped. His kind gesture earned good points too “I appreciate your kindness sir” she bowed as a thank you. “Not at all, please do not put me under pressure, it was just an ordinary act of humanity” he replied warm heartedly.

Gyuri felt shy by the stranger’s concern “Please accept this. To thank you for your courtesy” she handed him a doll made of straw. The young man laughed. What will i do with this? Am i a child?

She blinked her eyes in confusion next her forehead furrowed noticing he was making fun of her gift “This is no laughing matter. It is fine if you do not wish to take it but it is really rude to laugh at ones face” she frowned and turned to the other side.

Controlling his smile the man approached her “Pardon me miss, i never meant to be rude to you. It is just that it is my first time meeting such a pure hearted girl” he complemented. Gyuri flushed at his words. She wanted to know more about this courteous man.

As if her prayer got answered he introduced himself “I am jinwoo. I work in the market nearby. Just a commoner but a hard worker” he said frankly. Gyuri smiled in return. Their talks got disrupted when gukjoo was frantically calling her from afar. Turning her head to him again “I have to leave. It was an honour to meet a kind hearted man. Goodbye” she said smiling widely and hurriedly took her steps.

Jinwoo smiled looking at her disappearing into the crowd. She turned around once and was disappointed to not find him at that place. Not knowing the reason why but gyuri felt sad at the thought of not meeting the stranger again.

Meanwhile, chanyeol and eunji just finished going on the rides. “I was unaware that you could scream so unpleasantly” he laughed wiping the sweat on her face. She immediately slapped his hand hiding her racing heart “Sorry to break your impression of me and let you hear such an obnoxious voice” she sarcastically answered. Observing that his eyes gleamed, covering his wide smile as she threw a look of disgust, he commented “I find it melodious, your voice that is”. His complement earned a suspicion from hyerim rather than a smile.

They were now at the painting store “Uncle, I brought a friend” he introduced hyerim to the store owner. “What a pretty lady you got there, chanyeol? Looks like you are ready to get hitched” he teased. He laughed at his words not denying it. She denied politely “I wouldn’t marry a thief” she muttered to herself it was more like consoling herself.

Chanyeol grabbed her hand suddenly and her eyes flickered. He simpered, shifting behind her he brushed her hair to the side. Shutting her eyes tightly hyerim’s breathing was ragged. After a second or two he turned her around “A token of our friendship. I would be delighted if you accept it” he requested.

Noticing a chain with a small pendant of a pearl her lips turned up into a smile. Recollecting she cannot accept a gift from any other man she denied “I have to refuse” she stated. His smile faded “Is it because it is from a commoner?” he questioned, saddened by her denial. “Chanyeol!!” hyerim shouted almost gathering everybody’s attention.

Apologizing to others she continued “I am not a woman who gives importance to status. Those things are mere valueless things to me” she expressed. Chanyeol laughed ignoring her worry “I know eunji, you have mediocre interest in these issues” he stated. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw him smiling. She immediately turned to the other side troubled.

Detecting the royal guards he quickly pulled her into an alley for cover. “It would be bad if we are discovered” he exhaled, glancing outside to confirm they left. Hyerim wasn’t bothered by the royal guards but when enveloped in the arms of the tall guy. Her heart thumped again and indescribable feeling grew as his rugged chest and his strong arms supported her petite waist. 

Noticing a change in her attitude chanyeol was puzzled “Are you unwell?” he was concerned and leaned a bit closer to her. His face which was now an inch away from her did not do any good to her heart. Perhaps she couldn’t comprehend that chanyeol was the same too. The more he saw hyerim the more his heart wavered. The warmth of her body transferred to his, and his patience was tested. His breathing was ragged, again his lustrous desires developed. Inching closer he wanted to touch her but hyerim was quick to push him away.

Embarrassed rather than surprised he scratched his nape but hyerim was displeased how the things were taking a different route “Thank you for accompanying me chanyeol. I need to leave now” she stated. To hide his embarrassed self “I enjoyed it too, looked like we are on a tryst” he joked. Her heart skipped a beat “Tryst? We aren’t lovers, chanyeol” she mocked but her heart wavered on hearing his statement. Immediately, bidding farewe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter