A dark secret

I LOVE YOU through eternity and.......beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol convinced hyerim to join in his robbery and she accompanied him with an intention to collect proof against him. If possible capture him red handed and throw him behind the bars. Well, chanyeol was well aware of her hostility but he wanted to unveil the reality of this kingdom, the royals’ true faces. He was sure with that hyerim would comprehend the situation which led him to turn into masked man.

The gang took their positions. Hyerim accompanied chanyeol at a hiding place. The auction started and the bids were placed. They waited for the right time, and that would be until the final bid was made. The moment the final gavel will hit the table, their plan will start. The nerves grew on them, hyerim was anxious to start her plan, her head thought of number of options. He glanced at the officials around the place “The crown prince has made necessary arrangements i see” he muttered. She glanced at him trying to read him but the person right in front of her wasn’t chanyeol the young lad who was playful but the masked man who was tactful.

The time arrived and the gavel they were waiting for was beat. “The bid goes to the royal……” the auctioneer announced and there were cheers everywhere. The gang signaled each other, chanyeol got the clue and he jumped after carefully viewing his surroundings. Hyerim joined him covering her face, knowing she might land into trouble if she is discovered either by prince sunggyu or general doojoon. They blend into the auctioning group of royal, hiding through the royal palace guards. Poof, the smoke bomb blew and the gang dispersed to get a hand on those royal jewels. Hyerim was quite surprised by the chaos and got lost in this. Somehow within the smoke her eyes on landed on sunggyu who was almost within her reach. Frozen she stood, and then her eyes shifted to the masked man who has almost got those jewels.

“Not so fast, i need to stop him” she thought to herself and escaped. Sunggyu spotted a woman rushing who happened to be hyerim and got suspicious. She sprinted towards chanyeol with an intention to disrupt his work. She ran past him to get those jewels. Chanyeol shook his head watching her, comprehending her thoughts. He jumped on the table and landed over her and placed his sword over the neck of the bidder. The man who was lean, wore expensive clothes and had a mole under his eye shivered and handed those jewels anticipating his life would be saved. Hyerim saw the guards rushing towards them and pointed the sword at chanyeol “Masked man, you have been captured” she said triumphantly. Chanyeol smiled from behind and quickly turned around readily pointing his sword at her neck. He swiftly dropped her sword. Grinning he brought her closer “Do not take me as a fool princess. I will never be captured by these men. Before you land into trouble you better follow me and my orders” he whispered. Not giving any chance to listen to her answer he dragged her and departed to join his gang.

Hyerim was infuriated by how she was being treated by a commoner on that a criminal. She succeeded in releasing herself from his grip. Unfortunately, the royal guards were after them. Both ran fast and jumped over a wall. Then they ran into an alley to escape. As if misfortune has dawned upon her, hyerim fell at one point. Chanyeol who was unaware of that kept going forward. She noticed the guards were within her reach and took a short cut. Chanyeol who then turned to check on hyerim was bewildered noticing her taking a different route “Oh lord, that woman” he cursed himself for not taking care of her. The gang escaped on their horses as their work was accomplished. Hyerim who was trapped didn’t know where to go. Chanyeol whistled and his horse thunder came running to him. Hopping on, his eyes wandered in search of hyerim who was missing.

Meanwhile, hyerim thought it was too risky if she was caught. Nerves grew on her when she could not reach her horse and spotted sunggyu who was just behind her. Just at the right time she noticed a group of women getting on a certain carriage. Taking a quick decision, she joined them covering her face. Sunggyu who was anxious asked the guards who came to report him “Did you get them?”. The head guard shook his head apologetically. The crown prince enraged “That masked man entered a royal auction and none of the guards were able to get a hold of him. What were you all doing?”. The guard stood lowering his head “Your highness, general doojoon went after them” he informed.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………......................................................................

 

At the other side, chanyeol and his gang met up with each other after successfully leaving the guards behind. “Did you meet eunji?” asked chanyeol to his friend jinwoo. He shook his head as neither of the gang members saw them. “Where is she? We said we will meet here if anything goes wrong” he sighed.  Just then hyerim’s horse queen came to them alone, neighing at chanyeol.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................................

 

Here, hyerim sat among those women silently in the carriage. She noticed they were all young and beautiful. She wondered where they all were headed to. The carriage travelled for a while, entered a mysterious alley and stopped. Peeking through the curtain of the carriage “What is this place?” she murmured. Few men came to the carriage dragged them all inside. Hyerim had no chance to escape. Her eyes grew wide grasping the situation she was in. She was just been brought into a brothel. Not until this day she has seen this place “How did i fall into this trouble? I need to escape before…somi cannot handle it on her own” she mumbled. It was quite unfortunate as there was no way for her escape. The girls were told to dress including hyerim. She just wanted to find a way to get out of this situation as early as possible because her pride, her future and her father’s reputation was at stake. The royal women were always taught never to enter such a place telling them it is dirty and if they know she has been to such a place her father will fall apart.

“Is there any way to escape?” she asked the girl who was beside her. The girl turned around and hyerim’s eyes broadened recognizing her “She is the same girl i bumped into, in the palace. What is she doing here?” she thought to herself. “Pardon me, but there is no way except the front door” she answered. Her voice was strong, unshakable and stern. Hyerim noticed determination in her voice which made her tremble, even a tough girl like herself was nothing in front of the fire in her eyes but what was reason behind it she couldn’t fathom it. The girls were called out. Hyerim objected to dress in that lousy costume. The owner of the brothel, a fat lady with a dark lipstick and an ivory gown realized she has not seen her before “Well….look here…you have a lot of confidence i believe but since you have entered my place as a thief i will let you work here” she grinned. Hyerim objected for which she was thrown into the hall.

She noticed everybody was serving one particular man who was tall, tanned and chubby. His moustache was big and pointed. He looked arrogant as he was throwing money and pouring wine on the girls. Hyerim was disgusted watching the scene “This is absurd. A royal in such a place but who is he?” she thought noticing a crescent on his robe which was a symbol of royalty .

Hyerim was thrown in front of him along with the other girls. The chubby man lifted each girls’ chin scanning them through his dirty stare. Hyerim gulped, a warning signal was given by her heart that something unthinkable is happening soon. Her fear got true when she heard a horrible voice from the same man “I want this girl” he said. “I object” hyerim was fast to deny anticipating what is going to happen next. She recollected each and every word her master used to tell about how a woman gets treated in the outer world. The man laughed “You don’t have a choice lad. Once i have set my eyes on somebody i got to have them” he smirked.

“And i am not somebody who would do what others expect me to” she replied sternly. “You bi***” a man, probably his servant grabbed her hair. She winced in pain but never backed down. “I will go” said the same girl she spoke to earlier. Hyerim enraged, kicked his shin and aimed her sword at his throat “Never mess with a woman” she gritted her teeth. The chubby man laughed and applauded “Now…now…I am impressed. This is the woman i want. Make arrangements” he said and got up. Few people came from behind and caught her, taking her sword in possession. “Leave me” she demanded shouting but they kept dragging her to the room. A crackling sound made them halt, another fierce looking man with a big beard and thick eyebrows approached them. He separated hyerim from their grips and grabbed her arm. She tried to loosen herself from his grip but he was strong. “I want her. Here is the money” he said throwing a pouch filled with coins. The chubby man enraged “I claimed her” he argued. The bearded man chuckled listening to his words “Why don’t we ask the lady over here who does she want to accompany into the room?” he smirked.

She frowned as didn’t want to go with anybody but the bearded man whispered “Use your wits princess”. Hyerim looked at him shocked thinking how he knows she is a princess while he showed his straightly aligned teeth. The bearded man threw a pouch full of jewellery at the chubby man “I don’t think you have a problem with this” he said simultaneously dragging her to the room, while the chubby man was busy blinded by the jewellery. She was thrown into the room and the door was locked by the bearded man. She moved back scared “Let me go” she demanded. The man smirked “I didn’t waste my jewels for you to object me princess” he answered walking towards her. Hyerim stood up “How do you know? Who are you?” she demanded. The man walked towards her and pinned her to the wall. A knife fell from her hands “Do not play games with me princess. I am well aware of not only your beauty but also your intelligence” he spoke trapping her in his arms. She shot a malignant glare towards him “If you are aware of who i am then you must be aware of the consequences too” she asked proudly. Instead of answering her he smiled.

“You need to be punished for betraying me, thank me for saving you from almost getting sold and……are to be pitied for not recognizing me again” he said removing his disguise. She was surprised watching chanyeol in front of her. Giving a snort of disgust she pushed him with full force. Chanyeol gritted his teeth and caught her arm “It is true that i am good to women but don’t direct that look of disgust towards me” he warned looking at her straight into her eyes. Hyerim turned her head in order to not look at him. He was pissed off with her arrogant behavior, who wasn’t a bit thankful he came to rescue her. He held her face tightly and brought his face closer to hers. Hyerim fought back and slapped him hard while he wiped his cheek triumphantly with a wide grin on his face. She has had enough of this man.

A sudden knock on the door disturbed them. He became attentive and dragged her to the window “Jump!!” he ordered. She was puzzled “What absurd thing are you saying?” she asked back. “We are in danger. Before we get killed, jump!!” he said looking behind, the door banged. “But why are they after you? What did you steal now masked man?” she demanded. Chanyeol laughed and crossed his arms “I think you will listen only by force” he smirked and caught her hand. Both jumped through the window and landed on the ground floor. Men were looking for them everywhere with swords. They were trapped, as they were coming from both sides. Chanyeol jumped into a room through the window and offered his hand. Hyerim jumped in without his help while he smiled looking at his rejected hand.

They saw through the space within the window the same chubby man looking for them hyerim was confused but not until she heard him shouting “How in the world did i get cheated? Me the great gold dealer got scammed with those fake jewels” he ordered his men to look for him. A lady, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter