An oath of a princess

I LOVE YOU through eternity and.......beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the truth of the prince coming in light, hyerim was baffled. Sejeong suggested to sunggyu “Prince, why don’t you take her outside”. Sunggyu followed “Yes, mother…this way princess” he guided her. Somi bowed “I will take my leave too your highness”. Mingyu offered “I will guide you. If you don’t mind” he said. Somi nodded after the queen gave permission. Hyerim followed sunggyu to the garden silently. She has no other choice but to do so.

On the other hand, king eunwoo, nara and her brother king minseok were in the room discussing about their royal plans. Nara took a sip of wine and glanced at minseok. Both smiled glancing at each other. Nara expressed her gratitude “Thank you so much brother”. Minseok leaned on his royal chair with a glass of wine in his hand “Sister, i should be the one thanking you. Our crown prince is really interested in your daughter. I was surprised when i knew that”. Eunwoo was surprised “I have never assumed the crown prince would be taking an interest in the princess but how did he know her? As per my knowledge they haven’t met since young” he asked. Minseok was ignorant too “Well, I am unsure” he reasoned. Nara grinned as it was all her plan “My plan is working exactly the way i thought. Now the only thing left is hyerim’s marriage. I wish my plan succeeds without any complications” she thought evilly.

Meanwhile, prince mingyu escorted princess somi to her room “Pardon me, princess” he broke the silence when they were in the corridor. Somi wondered “Yes, prince?” she asked curiously. He cleared his throat “Is the princess of silla interested in strolling around in our kingdom?” he offered. “It’s a privilege that the prince offered but….i apologize i can’t” she replied and started leaving. Mingyu felt agitated. It was the first time he was rejected. He rushed after her “Princess, I guess you have taken me wrong. I meant for both the princesses. This way princess hyerim can see what her future kingdom looks like” he suggested. Well, it was just a way to cover his embarrassment. Somi answered “I apologize i took the prince wrong. Well, i am unsure what my sister thinks of this offer but i will surely convey it to her”. She bowed “I may take my leave now prince mingyu” she said and left without waiting for his answer. Mingyu kept looking her until she was out of his sight “I wonder why i feel she isn’t showing her true self? It is like she locked her heart” he shrugged his shoulders and left thinking it wasn’t his problem.

On the other hand, Prince sunggyu and princess hyerim were in the royal garden for the tea. A maid served them tea and left them alone. Hyerim felt uncomfortable with him. Sunggyu spoke first “My princess, I apologize for not meeting you yesterday there was something important to take care of. I hope you didn’t wait too long”. Hyerim snapped from her thoughts “No…not at all. Thank you for your concern your highness” she replied. Sunggyu smiled at her which caused her interest “Forgive me, I don’t want to be rude but why are you smiling at me?” she asked out of curiousity. He was taken aback with her straightforwardness “I apologize for making you uncomfortable but i heard you were beautiful but they were wrong you are beyond perfection” he replied. Hyerim was taken aback. She was person who hated praises and flattery “You must be mistaken for someone else your highness” she replied coldly. She didn’t mean to but she was in a foul mood thanks to the kiss thief. Sunggyu was impressed ‘What a tough princess, well i can handle any woman’ is what he thought confidently.

They were disturbed when general doojoon and a messenger interrupted them “Your highness there is an important news. I apologize for my interference but this matter is what you have keen interest in” said doojoon. Sunggyu accepted “Proceed” he gave a command. The messenger hesitated as hyerim was present there too. Sunggyu glared “Feel free to say it. I demand there should be no secrecy between me and my future queen” he declared. Hyerim stopped him “Forgive me your highness but i cannot hear the secrets of this kingdom yet as you don’t know if I am worthy of it” she said implying she will leave but he stopped her. He ordered the general and he nodded “Your highness, as prince anticipated it was the work of the masked man and his gang. The commotion yesterday was caused by them”. Sunggyu enraged “Masked man!!! So it really was you. I will not spare you” he said clenching his fists. Hyerim was bewildered watching him. The messenger said after he was ordered “According to our information, the masked man is going to come to the market at the evening. His next target is the royal store in the market” he informed. Doojoon suggested “Your highness, this is it. We can capture him”. Sunggyu agreed “Prepare the forces but make sure to lure the prey in by setting a trap” he grinned. They left but sunggyu saw confusion in hyerim’s eyes.  She broke the silence as it was unbearable for her “Pardon my curiousity but who is this masked man?” she asked carefully. Sunggyu settled on his chair, crossing his legs and sipping his tea, he said “A famous thief in this kingdom who steals the royal treasures. No matter what he never gets caught. Nobody has seen him yet, doesn’t know how he looks like but we only know he is cruel, merciless and dangerous. He broke in to the palace yesterday and swiftly escaped but no worries he is going to get caught soon”. Hyerim frowned “What a ruthless man” she stated. Sunggyu wished to ask her out for a stroll but he failed when she left hurriedly saying she was tired.

While hyerim was about to go to her room she overheard few servants talking about masked man. “Such a disgrace, breaking into the royal palace” “But what a charismatic and confident young man” “I heard the masked man stole prince’s attire too” “Really? I wonder how he looked but yeah i heard he has beautiful eyes,  that is the only part others saw as he is always covered in his black mask”. Hyerim was shocked “Prince’s attire? Black mask?...Is he that man?” she wondered. She rushed to her room and fell on her bed. Gyuri entered her room bringing her some lotion “Princess, queen has asked you to apply this”. Upon not even budging she shook her arm “Princess hyerim?”. She snapped “Gyuri, i…….” she stopped as she wasn’t sure if it was masked man she saw. She can’t put a life of an innocent man in danger.  Somi entered the room at the same time and informed “Sister, do you want to go look at the kingdom?”. Hyerim’s eyes shined “That’s it……I need to go to the market” she said happily as she heard that masked man will be there.

The royal family members gathered together for the feast. They settled down. Somehow, the topic of the masked man came and they started discussing. Hyerim was attentive because if her analysis is correct she is the only one who has seen him and can help them capture him.  The men left except the women and the princes. Sunggyu explained noticing her “Princess, it is really troublesome to see your forehead furrow. I don’t want your beauty to tarnish is what i meant. You can leave the troubles of the kingdom to me, your prince and enjoy the luxuries in this palace”. Hyerim was disappointed “So you think that a princess is just meant to relax?” she questioned. Nara interfered “This isn’t a way a princess is supposed to talk to her betrothed prince” she said glaring. Sunggyu stopped her. He was straightforward man too “Isn’t it fine? A woman is more suitable with a rose in her hand than a sword. Because woman with a sword is troublesome” he said. Hyerim was shocked upon hearing that but at the same time she recollected chanyeol’s words from yesterday night ‘Woman with a sword is beautiful’. Sejoeng stopped him “Do not take a woman lightly. I never expected my crown prince to say that”. He apologized “Forgive me mother but princess is dear to me rather than seeing her hurt i would prefer her to keep her out of danger” he said and left after giving a cheeky smile to hyerim. Sejeong shook her head and apologized.

Mingyu stepped in and bowed “I apologise on behalf of brother but i am sure as he said he meant as he cares” he said. Somi smiled watching him being a gentleman. She maintained a poker face and acted nonchalant when mingyu caught her red handed. Hyerim was not a person who would give up. She asked permission if she could see the market this evening and the queen agreed without being suspicious. She was happy “I hope i can meet you stranger because this princess is never going to forgive you for lying and misbehaving with me. I vow you will be punished for your wrong doings” she thought but was puzzled how she would meet him among all the people on that how will she find him?

On the other hand, chanyeol and his friends entered a colony with their bags full. All the kids welcomed them “Hey, chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter