The ‘heart’ stealer

I LOVE YOU through eternity and.......beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The preparations were made in the silla province to travel to the jeonju province. Hyerim was dressed in pure silk clothes and dolled up in expensive jewellery specially designed for the princess. She sat in the palanquin with somi and they were surrounded by maids. The general of the silla, commanded “Let’s begin”. The royal family started their journey.

Meanwhile, in the jeonju province, there was chaos in the town. The palace guards were running around within the town on their horses, searching for a criminal and his gang. The general, a fierce looking man with moustache and big eyes wearing his royal attire reached a busy market with his troops following him from behind. He stopped his horse suddenly near a merchant “Perhaps, have you seen this man?” he asked showing the portrait of a masked man. The merchant laughed “I can’t even see his face. How will we recognize him?”. The general scoffed “Do you want to rot in the palace prison? Just answer my question” he asked. The merchant fell on his knees and asked for his mercy “Pardon me, general doo joon. I will not repeat this mistake again. Spare me sir” he requested. Doo joon placed his sword on his neck “Never talk to the royal again in that tone or you will never be able to speak again” he said sparing him. He ordered one of his men “Gather everyone; we need to make an announcement”. One of the guards obeyed him. A drum was beat and all the citizens gathered around. Doojoon spoke in his stern voice “The one who helps us in catching the famous criminal ‘the masked man and his gang’ who had been stealing the palace treasures will be rewarded with 100 gold coins by your highness king minseok” he declared. The people started discussing “It is the masked man, the famous thief” “I heard he is a very skillful man” the men said. “I heard he is handsome” “Ah…I want to marry that confident man” “He is the heart stealer” the women cheered. Among them, a young man, tall, handsome with sharp features dressed himself in rags and covered his face with a black cloth turned around and grinned “You can never catch him” he mumbled and signaled his friends. His gang who were scattered, grinned through the crowd and gathered together from all directions.

The same young man ordered his gang “Let’s go and give the general a present”. They sneaked into an alley, rode their horses and drove away. Doojoon and his men were busy looking around when an alarm broke off at a distance. The general became attentive “That’s the royal godown…Guards follow me” he said and all rushed to the godown. Until they reached the place, few people whose face was covered with black masks were ready with their bags stuffed. The leader, the same handsome man said “Inform your king, I am taking what we deserve”. The general scowled “Masked man there is no way you can escape. Accept your defeat”. He smirked “Well, you have got it wrong general” he said and cut a rope with his sword. The door opened on the rooftop and the gang escaped through it. “Make sure they don’t escape” the general ordered and ran after the masked man. The young man jumped on the roof with a bag hung around his shoulders. He jumped from one building to the other and general followed him. He was cornered by the doojoon at the rooftop at the end of the house.  The general grinned “Handover yourself. I promise to speak to our king and your sentence will be reduced”. The masked man smirked “You underestimated me general because i am always prepared” he said and fell backwards. The general thought he was attempting suicide but he was wrong. He whistled and a horse came running towards him. He jumped on it and rode away. His gang followed him from all sides and they disappeared within seconds. The general yelled “I will not spare you masked man” his voice echoed down the mountains.

On the other hand, after walking, resting and travelling the silla family entered the jeonju province. Hyerim slid the palanquin curtain aside when she heard the sound of the horses. She saw few people rushing away through a narrow route towards the jungle and wondered who they were as they were dressed differently. They were none other than the masked man and his men. Gyuri asked observing her “What is wrong princess?”. Hyerim shook her head and kept looking at the way they went “Who are they? Their attire was different too. Do people of jeonju province dress like that?” she wondered.

The masked man and his gang were at the outskirts. He rode the horse at full speed with that the mask covering his face flew away with the wind. He smiled widely glancing at his friends at the back “Victory!!!” he yelled in excitement. One of his friends jin woo caught up with him “Park chanyeol, want to get killed? You were almost caught there” he said riding the horse beside him. Chanyeol glanced at him “The masked man will never get caught you know that right assistant” he joked. Jinwoo flared “Please be careful” he warned. Chanyeol agreed “Fine my friend. Let’s go have a feast today” he declared. The gang agreed “All hail the masked man” they cheered. Chanyeol chuckled and they changed their disguise on the horses itself.

Chanyeol and his gang reached the top of the mountain their secret hideout. Chanyeol stood near the peak and his eyes landed on the group of royal people directing towards the palace “Who are they?” he said pointing towards them. Jinwoo glanced at them “Didn’t you hear the crown prince is getting married. That is his bride the princess of silla province ‘Jung hyerim’”. Chanyeol chuckled “She must be a fool to marry into that family. Well it doesn’t concern me” he declared. He grinned “Actually it does concern me….we are inviting ourselves to the palace tonight to welcome the bride to be” he said glancing at his gang. The gang laughed at his cheerfulness which was different to the image of the masked man. Jinwoo joked “Be careful chanyeol, don’t steal her instead” he said. Chanyeol laughed “If only she is worth stealing” he reasoned while others laughed and were busy with the drinks relieving their tiredness through it.

Meanwhile, hyerim peaked through her palanquin when it stopped and noticed they reached the palace “So this is the royal palace” she mumbled looking at it. They were invited inside by the king kim minsoek and queen kim sejeong. Everyone greeted each other. Hyerim stepped out and bowed “Your highness, I am the princess of silla ‘jung hyerim’. It is an honour to meet you”. They smiled. Minseok said “Rise princess, we are pleased too. Please feel free to speak your mind if you need anything”. They arranged for their rooms. Hyerim was allotted a spacious room suitable for the future queen. She fell on the bed tired “Gyuri, I am tired” she mumbled. Somi teased “Princess, are you disappointed that you couldn’t meet the prince. I heard he went on an important task and will be returning only in the night” she stated. Hyerim huffed “Did i ask about his where abouts?” she said frowning but she was dying to meet him. She wanted to know what kind of person she is getting married to.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………..............................................................................

 

It was night, orders were passed and responsibilities were assigned to get the princess ready. Hyerim hated these kinds of things. She was a free spirit. She believed in heart rather than appearance but she couldn’t object and go agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter