A path to the future

I LOVE YOU through eternity and.......beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long time ago, there lived a king of silla province ‘Jung eun woo’ who was known for his valour, justice and heroism. He was considered as friendly and kind for his citizens but was wicked and barbaric to his enemies. He showed no mercy to the cruel. He was also a doting husband and father especially for his eldest daughter ‘Jung hye rim’. She was an apple of his eye not like he disliked his other children, his son ‘Jung min ki’ and daughter ‘Jung so mi’ but probably because she lost her mother, his first wife ‘Jung ji yeon” at a young age. He always considered her every request with an intention that she might be lonely. This definitely hurt his second wife the mother of the other two children ‘Jung na ra’. She hated hyerim from the core of her heart. To her bad luck her children were quite the opposite of her. There was only love and respect for their sister in their hearts. This made nara jealous of her. She always troubled her implementing various tricks in the name of royalty and discipline. She was a two faced woman, smart and wicked that no one would even suspect and object to her ideas neither the king. She came up with an idea to dispose this thorn of her life ‘Hyerim’ and the best solution was her marriage.

King eun woo returned to the palace tired after his meeting with the ministers. He removed his cloak and put it aside. He felt a pair of hands on his waist. His lips curved into a smile when he identified it was his beloved wife “Nara” he mumbled. She stepped before him “Your highness, you look tired” she stated. All he could do was to pull her into his embrace “Yeah….there is a problem” he replied not discussing about it further. He kept his personal life separate from his work. Nara was a smart woman. She would collect information from her secret agents about every situation from the conference building where all the meetings were held. She said playing with his beard which was his weakness “I heard a rumour….that the king of gyongi province is conspiring something against us??” she said twisting her words.

Eunwoo huffed brushing her hand aside “So the rumour is spreading faster than i expected. Then the citizens of our silla province must be aware of this too” he scowled. Nara his back simultaneously speaking her mind “I am sorry to bring this subject here in the palace your highness. I am ashamed…it is just that i am worried for our citizens, our children and their lives. Especially, you my lord”. Eunwoo was touched. He turned around pulling her into his embrace “My queen, no conspiracy can bring us down. We will find a way to end his plans before his actions”. Nara was tensed too for that she came up with a plan. It was like killing two birds with one stone “My lord if you don’t mind i have a proposal but i am afraid you may think of me lowly”.

“O my beloved, this kingdom is not mine alone but yours too. Fear not and speak up your mind” Eunwoo gestured her to proceed. She gulped “O my king, to save our kingdom we need to befriend somebody with an ultimate power. A person who is more powerful than the king of gyongi province. With his support we can ruin his plans of attack”. Eunwoo gave it a thought “You are right my queen but who shall we approach as i cannot put my kingdom in an unwise hands” he stated. Nara’s eyes shined “There is my king…. my cousin….the king of jeonju province kim min seok” she said. Eun woo smiled “He is indeed the person i can trust but the question is why would he risk his kingdom for our sake. We have nothing to give him in return”. Nara smirked “We do your highness…..our precious jewel hye rim” she answered. Eun woo raised his voice “Enough queen….How dare you think my daughter as a thing which can be bargained in exchange of the political issues?” he huffed. Nara calmed him down “O king, how can you say that. Hyerim is my child too. Do you think i have not raised her well enough? I was talking about her marriage with my cousin’s son not as a queen but as a mother” she cried. His heart melted watching her cry “Forgive me my queen, i took you wrong. I will write to your brother soon about this proposal. I am sure hyerim, my little girl will be happy”. Nara was happy that her plan succeeded “Yes my king” she said hugging him happily. Eunwoo asked “Where is my precious daughter?”. Nara replied wiping her fake tears “Princess is in her etiquette class. She needs to learn it as she is getting married soon” she grinned.

In a big and spacious room, a girl who was dressed in a heavy long gown made of silk, her silky brown locks with the ends curled and a crown on her head was sitting lazily on a big chair with her droopy eyes. She sighed for the n th time looking at a old man who was holding a book in his hand. He adjusted his spectacles and glancing at her through it “Princess hyerim, posture” he warned. She sat up straight pushing her chest in the front. She whimpered “Eeeek” when her tight corset clutched her chest. She stuck her tongue out and showed her teeth to the elder “Forgive me, sir. I was wondering if my class is done for today”. He gave piercing look “Princess, we just started and you want to leave? I believe you don’t want my children to starve do you? If you don’t obey me, my lady is going to fire me” he blackmailed. Hyerim pouted “Fine” she said unwillingly “Why does mother hate me s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter