What a heart wants

I LOVE YOU through eternity and.......beyond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the incident of the auction, hyerim was hunting for a clue in the palace. The origin of this conspiracy of the jewels is this palace and if her intuition is right she might find a trace which may lead her to some big scoop. After her discussion with the people at the party in the colony she was determined to find that one culprit who is bringing the name of the royals down. But the problem is now she has been discovered by general doojoon, oblivious of the fact that doojoon is not the only one but prince sunggyu is also suspicious of her.

“O’ lord where should i start? What should i do?” she prayed sitting under the parasol in the garden. “What are you troubled about my princess?” sunggyu who happened to be behind her questioned. Hyerim stood immediately startled by his presence “Y..Your highness?” she bowed immediately. Her eyes shifted to doojoon who was behind him who looked inscrutable. Hyerim stiffled but managed her expression instantly “What brings your highness here?” she asked. Sunggyu chuckled “As I thought only the princess can ask me such question. Such a tough woman. Do i now need permission to speak to my own bride to be?” he asked more like ridiculed her. Hyerim despised the way he was speaking to her. She was offended and he appeared ill-mannered to her but still she withheld her anger “Of course not your highness prince sunngyu. You are my husband to be after all” she answered reluctantly.

He flashed his winning smile. With a swift hand movement he ordered doojoon to leave. He carried out his command, bowed and left. “Looks like my bride wants to spend some time with me alone” he simpered. Hyerim turned around bothered. She didn’t know why she wasn’t comfortable with him around her. “Would you mind walking around with me?” he offered. “My pleasure” she answered indifferently and both left talking about random things.

“Soon you are going to be a princess of this kingdom, you should get used to this palace, you know sometimes you could decamp” he said just to test her. As he expected hyerim stiffened but regained her composure immediately “Pardon me?” she asked to unveil his intention of him asking that. “It was not my interest to ridicule you princess, you don’t need to take it so seriously” he covered up. “Oh, I didn’t know his highness could be humorous too” she answered frankly.

Sunggyu continued “There are a lot of things you are unaware of princess. For instance I am passionate too…romantic i mean” he suddenly inched closer. He placed his hand on cheek and leaned closer to kiss her. Hyerim stepped back anticipating his move. She was about to step on her dress and fall but sunggyu helped her immediately by grabbing her waist “Be careful, princess. I don’t want my precious flower to be crumbled” he said. Hyerim stood straight gently pushing him away, with both her hands and her cold eyes “I am a sword than a flower your highness. I will not be crumbled so easily” she answered firmly.

Sunggyu laughed “A sharp sword also requires a scabbard to protect itself princess. No matter what, it is bound to be sealed” he grinned triumphantly looking into her eyes. Hyerim balled her fists in anger “Pardon me your highness. I just recollected about something i need to do. I am afraid i cannot accompany you any further” she bowed and turned around afraid she might do something regrettable. “I hope you are not offended by my words princess but please look at it positively. I meant no harm” he gave a coy smile. Hyerim turned around gave a cold look once and left. Sunggyu grinned watching her leave “And i will be that scabbard princess who will never let you escape” he muttered to himself and kissed his hand which just touched her.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..........................................................................

 

Somi was in search of hyerim to complaint about the stress she went through to cover up for her yesterday. She was accompanied by gukjoo “Princess somi, please slow down. Princess hyerim is not running away” she pleaded running after her, breathing heavily. Somi stopped, following her request. They heard swinging and whipping sounds nearby. She was drawn to those and curiously looked for it.

Her eyes landed on a man who was practicing fencing in an open ground. His swift sword movements, his flexibility and his attentiveness amused her. The other man attacked him which resulted in cutting his safety gears on his head, revealing his face “That…is his highness prince mingyu” gukjoo squealed. Somi was surprised, watching him who was unaffected and kept on going. He looked magnificent in her eyes. Undesirably she was drawn to his attractiveness. Her heart skipped a beat. Mingyu who just won the game, covered in sweat turned his head smiling at his victory spotted somi who was watching him without battling her eyelashes.

As soon as their eyes met she snapped and took her steps back. Mingyu dropped the sword and ran after her. Gukjoo was considerate and did not interfere. He caught up with her and immediately grabbed her hand preventing her from running away “Perhaps…..they didn’t…..teach you…not to spy on somebody” he said taking long breaths. Somi’s heart tingled but she denied immediately “I did not. Your highness, your act is degrading” she said grimly, eyeing his hand. He left her immediately and his face dulled. Somi was taken aback watching his expression which showed sadness.

“It is wrong to create an assumption about somebody soon princess especially when you know nothing about them. I was just happy thinking i perhaps would meet that simple and wonderful girl again, I assume that was just an illusion” he said and left depressed.

Somi felt a pang in her heart “Your highness….i….” she stopped looking at him disappearing. “Somi?” hyerim called noticing her. “Sister??” she answered. “For heaven’s sake sister, where were you yesterday? I have been looking for you everywhere” she stopped and glanced around “Sister, stop these acts. I do not know what is going on in your head but please before trouble occurs withdraw” she pleaded saying she almost landed into trouble yesterday. Hyerim, who was disturbed because of sunggyu, huffed “Somi, act your age for once. Don’t you get tired? Don’t you want to be free?”. Somi was dumfounded. That was the first time hyerim spoke to her in a discourteous way. She was hurt as mingyu said the same thing to her. She left immediately. Tears glistened in her eyes as she was running away. Hyerim felt helpless realizing what she did was unaccountable. Gyuri and gukjoo who witnessed this were unhappy the way things turned out.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………......................................................................

 

Meanwhile, in the colony sulli was uneasy as she realized a rival has occurred in her love life. She was at peace thinking there was no girl worthy of chanyeol except her probably because she was the only girl closest to him but things suddenly took a detour. She decided to make him hers as soon as she can and for that she excuted a perfect plan.

“Grandma, don’t you think it is time that i should get married?” she asked the old woman randomly. Her grandmother was surprised, halting her work she asked “Do you want to tell me something?”  Sulli nodded shyly “I….chanyeol….please talk to chanyeol for me” she requested. Her grandmother was shocked “Sulli? Chanyeol? Since when? I didn’t notice at all” she asked as she didn’t notice a single incident where she felt she could have such feelings. Sulli placed her hand on her heart , dreamily she continued “Grandma, i don’t know since when but he became my life. I cannot imagine being away from him anymore. Please, help me” she requested to talk to him about marriage. “Okay” the old lady gave in as her happiness is what she wished for. Sulli jumped in happiness “Really? Thank you so much grandmother. I can’t express how i am today” she rushed outside happily. Her grandmother saddened “Child, don’t be so happy i am afraid your heart is about to get broken because chanyeol has already found somebody dear to him” she mumbled shaking her head as she noticed him looking at hyerim dearly.

There was somebody else who shouldn’t have heard it. Behind the wall, was a man whose heart broke into pieces learning the truth, jinwoo. He just came to ask if chanyeol has come here and overheard everything. The girl he was interested in is dreaming about his friend, this made him depressed. He left the place, his heart shattered.

He bumped into chanyeol who was searching for him too “Jinwoo, where were you? I was desperately looking for you my friend. We need to discuss about the next loot. I have to inform eunji about our next plan too” he said happily. There was a different twinkle in his eyes whenever he spoke about hyerim. Jinwoo who observed that was irritated “Stop with that chanyeol. You are not going to call that princess again. Do you hear me? You will not meet with her and neither she is going to join us for the next loot” he huffed. Chanyeol was puzzled “Jinwoo? What is wrong my friend? Are you unwell?” he asked concerned. Jinwoo smacked his concerned hand “Don’t….if eunji joins us i am out of the gang” he warned. Chanyeol enraged “Jinwoo?? I made a decision no matter what eunji is j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter