♡4♡

The End ♡

Youngjae walks up to a bar with a sad look on his face.

 

“Maybe Yugyeom is in here.” Youngjae has been looking around this abandoned town for around 2 hours, or so he thinks. He has killed 23 zombies, he counted. But, still no Yugyeom. Harsh knocks were met with a glass door. A few seconds later, 6 zombies were pounding on the glass, trying to get to Youngjae.

 

Youngjae took in a deep breath, bracing himself. He opened the door to the shop and the 6 zombies poured out of the bar into the open street. Youngjae pierced the first 3 zombies in the head with no problem. One zombie falls onto Youngjae, making him fall backwards. His knife was knocked out of his hand as he fell back. It was a few feet away from him, leaving him defenseless. His arms stretches out to try and grab it but to no avail, his arm was too short.

 

“!” He shouts as the zombie snaps at his face. He smells the rotten breath and in his peripheral vision he can see the 2 other zombies come near him. He shouts loudly in anguish, his left hand grabs onto the zombies head and pushes it back. The 2 side zombies approach his body with a mission to eat him. 

 

“Yugyeom…” He lets out a cry when he realizes he will never see Yugyeom again. Suddenly, two gunshots go off, killing the two zombies near him. Youngjae takes this moment to flip his body around, straddling the zombie that was once on top of him. He reaches over to grab his knife and impales the head. He lets out a sob when he realizes it was finally dead. His hand pushes back his dark brown hair.

 

“You alright?” He hears a deep voice next to him. Youngjae jumps pulling the knife out of the zombies head and pointing it at the unsuspecting stranger. The stranger takes 3 steps back, pointing the gun at Youngjae’s head.

 

“Chill out. I just saved your , if I wanted you dead, I would have let the dead eat you.” Youngjae looks at the stranger, realizing who it is.

 

“I have met you before right?” He asks, still holding the gun at Youngjae’s face.

 

“Yeah, in the woods.” Youngjae drops the knife.

 

“You were the one that asked about the kid, right?” 

 

Youngjae his dry lips, “Yeah, I was.” He looks down, trying to not cry.

 

“You ever find him?” 

 

“No. No, I didn’t.” The stranger walks towards Youngjae, sticking his hand out to help him up. Youngjae takes it, giving a tight lipped smile. Youngjae jumps slightly when he stands up.

 

“Your name was,” He pauses slightly, “Youngjae, right?”  Youngjae smiles, nodding his head.

 

“I’m sorry, I with names.” Youngjae awkwardly rubs the back of his neck.

 

“Don’t worry about it. My name is Jaebum.” Youngjae nods his head making an ‘ah’ sound.

 

“Do you need help? Looking for him?” Jaebum asks. 

 

Youngjae shakes his head, “No. I can find him on my own.”

 

Jaebum gives a little laugh, “Are you being serious?”

 

Youngjae furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

 

“If it wasn’t for me, you would have been dead meat back there. So, I am going to ask one more time. Do you need help looking for him?”

 

“Sure.”

 

—-

 

Jaebum and Youngjae starts walking around the town, looking for the tall red headed kid. 

 

“So, do you have anyone else other than this Yugyeom kid?” Jaebum asks suddenly. 

 

Youngjae sighs loudly, “Of course I do. I have a group but I left them.”

 

Jaebum looks at Youngjae in shock, “Why would you do something as idiotic as that?”

 

“They thought Yugyeom was dead. They gave up on him.” Youngjae looks bitter as they continue walking down the street. Youngjae looks up at the sky, seeing the cloudy sky. Youngjae gives a soft smile feeling the cool air on his skin. Yugyeom and Youngjae has this in common, they loved the fall time. When they weren’t on runs and Youngjae wasn’t protecting Yugyeom, they would go outside and rake leaves into a giant pile to jump on them. Mark would always yell at them for being ‘too childish’ but he would inevitably join them once he realized how much fun they were having.

 

“Youngjae! Is that him?” Youngjae’s head snaps forward and right in front of him he sees a tall person with red hair walking.

 

“Yugyeom.” Youngjae whispers before dropping his bag and knife on the ground, legs going to a sprint to catch up with him.

 

“Yugyeom!” He shouts reaching him, he puts a hand on his shoulder. 

 

‘The look is finally over. I have found him.’ Youngjae thinks with a bright smile on his face.

 

As soon as he does that, the person turns around, revealing it was a corpse. The smile quickly wipes off of Youngjae’s face.

 

“No.” Youngjae looks into the eyes of the corpse, as it tries to attack him. “Yugyeom, no!” He sobs loudly, grabbing the jacket of the zombie. The undead pushes Youngjae down, landing on top of him. Youngjae continues to sob into the dead body.

 

‘Let this be a dream.’  Youngjae prays in his mind as he looks at his dead best friend.

 

All at once, Youngjae hears a gunshot and feels the body roll off of him.

 

“Youngjae, are you okay?” The voice sounds distant as tears well up in his eyes.

 

“Yugyeom! Oh god, Yugyeom. I’m so sorry.” Youngjae grabs the jacket, pulling the dead body close to him as he sobs. “I was supposed to protect you.” Youngjae feels Jaebum’s hand on his shoulder. Youngjae jumps up, looking at Jaebum with an incredulous look.

 

“You er! You killed him!” Youngjae hits Jaebum’s chest in sadness and anger.

 

“Youngjae, look at him!” Jaebum yells pointing at the dead person laying next to them. Youngjae looks at the body up and down. 

 

“What?” Tears still fall out of Youngjae’s eyes.

 

“That’s not Yugyeom. He is wearing a striped shirt, Yugyeom was wearing a black one. He is wearing an old navy jacket, Yugyeom was wearing adidas.”

 

Youngjae looks at the body once more, a smile spreading across his face once he realized it wasn’t Yugyeom. “The hair shade is even different. Yugyeom’s was firetruck red. That is a wine color.” Jaebum gives a little smile when he sees Youngjae’s happy face.

 

“The look is still on.” Jaebum pronounces with a goofy smile.

 

“The look is still on!” Youngjae reiterates with a goofy smile and a little laugh.