♡3♡

The End ♡

Leaves crunch under Youngjae’s feet as he walks to the front of the house. He sees Mark sitting in the living room reading a book. 

 

“Why doesn’t he just go to sleep?” Youngjae whispers to himself when he walks up the steps. He opens the door as silently as possible.

 

“Where did you go?” Mark says, not looking up from his book. Youngjae cusses slightly before his dry lips.

 

“I went to look for Yugyeom.”

 

“I sent out people to do that.” 

 

“You sent 4 people. That’s not enough! I covered the place you didn’t send anyone to.”  Youngjae raises his voice to show he is annoyed.

 

“Yugyeom is dead! That kid couldn’t kill one without breaking down, I know he is probably dead.” Mark stands up, throwing the book on the ground. Youngjae’s jaw hardens and he walks towards Mark.

 

Youngjae points his finger in Mark’s face, “Don’t you ever talk about him like that again. Do you hear me?” Then he walks to his bed room.

 

—-

 

“No, man. I’m telling you. We looked everywhere,” Jackson crosses his arms, “Nowhere to be found.”

 

“He’s a goner. I’m telling you.” Jinyoung shakes his head while looking down.

 

“He was a good kid, not good enough though.” Sohye nods her head to Amber’s remark.

 

Youngjae shakes his head, “No….no. He is out there. I will find him with or without your help.”

 

“Youngjae, don’t feel guil-“ Amber tries to comfort but Youngjae cuts her off.

 

“I’m not guilty! I need to find him.” Youngjae stalks off to his room with a look of discomfort and sadness on his face. He grabs a duffel bag and throws clothes into it. He opens his door to walk to the kitchen.

 

“Woah,” Jinyoung steps in front of him, “Where are you going?” 

 

“I’m going to find Yugyeom! He is my responsibility, god damn it.” Youngjae grabs 3 water bottles and a few cans of fruit to shove in his bag.

 

“We can’t let you go, Mark will have our asse-“

 

“Let him go.” Mark emerges from his room, “He won’t listen to us anyways.” Jinyoung scoffs in disbelief but lets Youngjae walks past him and out the door.

 

—-

 

Youngjae sits against a tree, knife in hand. He remembers the first time him and Yugyeom saw each other. 

 

Youngjae walks up to the the red haired kid with a shocked expression.

 

“Sir, please don’t hurt me.” The kid puts his knife and bag on the ground and puts his hands up as if he was saying ‘I surrender .’ Youngjae laughs a little at the kids face.

 

“Don’t worry I won’t hurt you. What’s your name?” 

 

“Kim Yugyeom. What’s yours?” 

 

“My name is Choi Youngjae. Do you have anybody to protect you?”

 

Yugyeom shakes his head with tears pooling in his eyes, “My mom and dad died. I have nobody.”

 

Youngjae puts his hand on Yugyeom’s shoulder, “Don’t worry, I will protect you.”

 

Youngjae wipes the tears that are coming out of his eyes. He lets out a shaky breath, the cold air gripping on to his hot breath. “Don’t worry, Yugyeom. I’m coming for you.”

 

———-

i know it seems a little boring now, but it is just build up.

when jaebum gets properly introduced it will get better