♡1♡

The End ♡

Cans fall down off the shelf, pounding against the wooden floor. 

"." Youngjae whispers while picking up the cans hurriedly. He hears several hurried taps on the window, signaling him to hurry the up. He throws the cans of beans,fruit, and some other things in a duffel bag and runs towards the door. When he exits the store, Yugyeom is in front of him with a worried face.

"What was that noise? Was one of them in there? Did you get bitten?" Yugyeom whispers the last part and grabs Youngjae's arm, shoving up the jacket sleeve to see if there are any teeth marks.

Youngjae jerks his arm out of the taller boys hand, "No, I didn't get bitten. I was too short to reach the top shelf and had to knock cans off the shelf in order to get them." Youngjae adjusts his jacket and starts walking towards the forest line. 

"I was worried about you!" Yugyeom jogs to catch up to the younger.

"Why didn't you come inside to see if I was okay then?" Youngjae smirks when he sees the defeated look on Yugyeom's precious face.

"Okay, I wasn't worried about you. I was worried about me, because if I let you get bitten by one of those, Mark would dangle me over a ledge and drop me." Youngjae snorts loudly, gaining the giggle from Yugyeom.

"Mark and I are not a thing. He wouldn't care." 

"Really? Then why does he cry when you don't come to the camp some nights." Yugyeom puts his hand in his jacket pocket, as it was chilly.

"He cries?" Youngjae's eyes widen.

"Yeah," Yugyeom breathes out an airy-laugh, "He goes 'Oh my poor Jae. Where art thou, my poor jae.' Dead serious."

Youngjae hits Yugyeom's left shoulder, "He does not!" 

"He does!" Yugyeom raises his hands in surrender, "I swear." Youngjae points him a sharp look with his eyes, "Okay maybe he doesn't do the 'where art thou' but I swear he does cry sometimes. You have him wrapped around your little finger." 

Youngjae shakes his head slightly. He looks up at the trees, seeing the leaves falling off. Autumn was always his favorite. The cold weather. The sweaters. The coffee. Halloween. All of it was amazing to him. 

"Youngjae, they are here." He hears Yugyeom's shaky voice, signaling him to take out his knife. Yugyeom was never good at this, he still thought of them as human. 

"I got it, don't worry." Youngjae throws his bag full of food on the ground. A rotting, decaying corpse comes towards him, snapping his teeth. Youngjae never did get used to the smell, but he has to do this for Yugyeom. He stabs the knife through the eye socket of the dead person, or zombie as he always knew them as. The corpse falls to the ground, finally all of the life drains from it. Hearing Yugyeom shout, 'Way to go!' makes him realize he got far away from Yugyeom while trying to wrestle the zombie down, but he still smiles in victory. 

"Youngjae!"The smile fades off of Youngjae's face quickly when he hears Yugyeom's terrified voice. He turns around quickly, seeing a zombie walking towards Yugyeom. 

"Take out your knife!" Youngjae screams at Yugyeom, as he starts to run towards him. 

When did I get this far away from him? Youngjae's feet pounds against the floor covered with leaves. It seems like Yugyeom keeps getting farther and farther away even though Youngjae runs as fast as he can to get to the boy to help him. 

"Get your knife out!" Youngjae screams once more, but to no avail Yugyeom keeps backing away in fear, tears falling out of his eyes. Suddenly, another one comes up from behind Yugyeom and grabs his shoulders.

"No!" Before it can bite Yugyeom, Youngjae shouts and tackles the zombie down the the ground, quickly stabbing it in the head. He gets up to stab the other zombie in the head, but it is already down. He looks around the find Yugyeom but doesn't see him anywhere.

"Youngjae??" He hears Yugyeom's shaky voice call out. He turns around to see Yugyeom sitting against a tree, a bloody knife in his hand.

"Oh my god. Are you okay? Did it bite you?" Youngjae grabs Yugyeom to pull him close.

"I killed it. I killed it." Yugyeom sobs into Youngjae's shoulders. Youngjae pats him on the back.

"I'm proud of you. I'm so proud of you, Yugyeom."

—-

"What the hell happened out there? Yugyeom hasn't stopped crying since you guys got back, and you came back with scratches on you! Scratches!" Mark throws his hands in the air, face red with anger.

"Listen," Youngjae gives a bitter smile, "It could have been a hell of a lot worse. We came back with a crying kid and some scratches. We could have came back with bites or better yet, we could have not come back at all." Youngjae takes off his dirty, bloody shirt, throwing it on the ground.

"I care for you." Mark whispers walking over to Youngjae, giving him a back hug.

"Yeah well," Youngjae rips Mark's hands from his body and puts on a black shirt, "I don't care for you." Mark's jaw-line hardens and he crosses his arms.

"What happened out there?" Mark reiterates looking at Youngjae with a hurt look.

"A zombie almost got him. He had to kill it."

"Where the hell where you?! You were supposed to protect him from that!" Mark shouts angrily to Youngjae. 

"I was killing another one! God damn it, Mark, I'm not jesus or something. I can't kill all of those ing things, alright?" Youngjae leaves the room, slamming the door. He sees Yugyeom standing there with tear stains down his face.

"Yugyeo-" He tries to console him but he opens the front door and runs out of it.

"!" Youngjae shouts. He runs through the kitchen and sees Jackson standing there, his hands on his hips.

"What did you do to that poor chi-" 

"Jackson, I don't have time for your . Yugyeom just ran out of the door and my short legs can't catch him. We need to get him." Youngjae panics when he sees the look of worry cross Jacksons face.

"Mark! Amber! Jinyoung! Bambam! Sohye! Come here!" Jackson shouts with worry laced through his voice. The five come to the kitchen each with worry on their face.

Jackson nudges Youngjae's side to get him to speak, "Yugyeom ran away."

---

yay another story lmao