[macau express]

If Only

Yoona and Ga Eul went home without even eating the tasty foods they ordered. When they arrived, they cooked ramen instead.

 

They were silent, not one of them even said a single word since they left the restaurant. Yoona ate her ramen while Ga Eul was locking the door.

 

Finally, Yoona spoke.

 

“I can’t take it any longer…thought that we were stronger…”

“Are you even singing?! Yoona, why don’t we make a promise?”

“What promise?”

“Not to mention their names, ever again.”

“But…”

“Don’t tell me you still have plans for Woo…I mean that guy? He’s getting married, get over it. Our fantasy is over Yoona, let’s get back to reality. Now, give me everything, I mean EVERY SINGLE THING he gave you.”

“What? But why…”

“I don’t want them to think we’re kind of material girls, let’s prove them that we’re not carried away by these gifts. Remember what I told you?”

“I know...beautiful dresses are only for es like that Jae Kyung!”

“Yoona…not that!”

“Sorry…yes, I get what you mean…money can’t buy happiness the way love does…”

Both of them were quiet for a moment, but then Yoona started to sob. Ga Eul heard her and she too, felt the crying-sensation inside. She hugged her, and they both cried.

“So stupid, silly, I hate it…I should have listened to you in the first place.” Yoona

“It’s not your fault, you’re just in love, even me, good thing Eun Jae-sunbae warned me, I was actually falling for him already!”

“This was my first chance on love…and I got carried away…now I know what “heartbreak” means.”

“We shouldn’t be like this Yoona, they’re just boys. Boys will always be boys, mind you, you’re a lot prettier than Jae Kyung.”

“You’re just saying that because you’re my friend.”

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you are. But still, I won’t exchange you for anything in this world, you’re the only family I have.”

“Me too, I’d rather lose my cell phone than lose you! Ha! So much drama, let’s eat, I’m so hungry.”

____________________________________________________________________________

“Thanks for the dinner, I really enjoyed.” Jae Kyung

“Yah, thanks a lot, now my girlfriend is mad at me!” Woo Bin

“Girlfriend?(laughs) don’t make me laugh, Prince Song, can you even hear what you’re saying? Even if she was one of your flirty collections, she’s still not the type of girl you’re mostly attracted to!”

Eun Jae tried to cling on Yi Jung’s hand.

“Don’t even think about it, I can’t forgive you for this.”

“So you’re protecting her now from me? Yi Jung, you’ve been protecting me all your life since we were kids and now you’re taking her side than taking mine?”

“That is why I can’t forgive you for doing this to her. Woo Bin, let’s go.”

“Wait, Woo Bin aren’t you going to give me a ride home?” Jae Kyung.

“Eun Jae has a car, ya, monkey girl, you’re not my girl or what so stuff you think you are to me so you’re not one of my responsibilities okay?” Woo Bin said and they left.

They went to _OBVIOUSLY_ Ga Eul and Yoona’s place.

(Knocking at the door)

“Ga Eul-ah, open up, please, we need to explain.”

“Yoona, it’s me, please open the door.”

Yoona and Ga Eul were actually waiting for them, Ga Eul was preparing the boxes and bags while Yoona opened the door.

“Thank goodness, Yoona, I know you’ll understand, I really…” but Yoona didn’t listen to him and instead went inside the other room.

“Huh… Yoona.” Woo Bin uttered.

“Ga Eul, listen to me first, Eun Jae was just trying to…”

“Here’s the dress, the shoes, and the bag you gave me… ah, Woo Bin, here’s the phone, good that you came here so there’s no need for me to drop it tomorrow at your house. It’s late, thanks for coming, goodnight.”

Ga Eul escorted them back to the door, led them out, bowed, showing a fake smile and closed the door.

Yi Jung and Woo Bin were speechless looking at the stuffs Ga Eul handed.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, Woo Bin was preparing his things for his flight to Macau. Yi Jung, on the other hand, canceled his flight to Sweden and planned to go with Woo Bin instead.

Woo Bin opened a brown envelop and looked at Yoona’s stolen pictures his agents had sent him. His eyes were filled with doubts and rage. He sat at the corner of his bed.

Woo Bin’s POV

I hope you’ll give me another chance Yoona, I really do…love you, what happened yesterday wasn’t my fault, well of course, partly, it is. But I didn’t want to hurt you intentionally.

FLASHBACK:

“I maybe blind, but I’m not deaf, I can hear and feel what my eyes don’t see. Have fun in Macau, and congratulations, for the future newlyweds.”

END OF FLASHBACK.

I hope we can patch things up when I get back, I’ll miss you.

END OF POV

“Ya, I’m done.” Yi Jung said.

Both of them sighed.

“Are you sure you’re going with me? Eun Jae will be coming too; this might be a good chance to apologize everything to her.”

“Not a chance, I know I messed up, I have to give her some time.”

“You did blow off her birthday.”

“I know. I have to win her back.”

____________________________________________________________________________________

They stopped by at Ga Eul’s before heading to the airport.

“Ga Eul-ah, it’s me. I know you won’t talk to me right now but I hope you’ll get my message, we’re going to the airport now…and was hoping you would talk to us, I will be away for two weeks… if you need anything, you know how to get through me, I know you won’t believe me but…I just want to say…I need to say this. I love you…” Yi Jung said, his eyes were sparkling, filled with tears, he shut his eyes looked at the flowers he was holding.

“Yoona, you know how I feel for you, I don’t know what you’re thinking right now, but please believe me. I’ll fix this up and I’ll get back to you okay? I hope you won’t believe what that monkey girl told you, I’m not marrying her. I don’t love her. We have to go now, we’ll be late, I’ll see you soon…I’ll miss you. Saranghae.” Woo Bin.

Actually, the girls are listening…sticking both their ears at the opposite side of the door. They guys were about to leave when they heard Yoona starting to sob again.

“Yoona…” Woo Bin glanced back.

Yoona couldn’t take it anymore, she opened the door, she wanted to slap Woo Bin in the face but ended hitting Yi Jung instead.

“Ahh…” Yi Jung said.

Woo Bin locked her with an embrace, Yoona let him for a while but freed herself after and wiped her tears.

“I wish you many blessings there in Macau. Thanks for coming by…and, being part of my life. At least… I get to experience what love really means and how stupid you can be when you’re in love. Nonetheless, you’ve given me one of the most unforgettable experiences in my life – a heartbreak. Thanks for giving me a chance…for lighting my heart, which was hopeless before you came, I didn’t expect that someone will…well, was…loving me…as a person, as a woman. (Smiles while tears fell from her eyes) This was my first romance, probably my last, I think. Thank you, Song Woo Bin-sunbae…”

Yoona wiped her tears and went inside. Before he could stop Yoona, Ga Eul closed the door behind her and talked to Yi Jung.

“Funny is it? The famous potter and very well-known Casanova SO YI JUNG and his best friend PRINCE SONG, are here right outside my house asking for forgiveness.”

“Ga Eul-ah…don’t be too harsh.”

“Harsh? Am I the one being inconsiderate? I think Yoona already said what I also wanted to say so, have a good trip and by the way, just extend my congratulations to Eun Jae-sunbae. Bye.”

She went inside and closed the door. The girls are a little too dramatic, I say.

“They’re gone! They’re gone! I won’t be able to see him anymore! I didn’t even get a chance to tell him I like him…”

“You’re so O with an A Yoona, you could be an actress the way you handled your emotions lately. I know everything you told him was exactly the opposite of how you felt.”

(someone knocking)

“You think it’s them?” Yoona.

“Don’t know, let me che…” But the door banged open and 4 men wearing black tux came in.

“Ya! You’re breaking an entry… you broke our door!”

The 4 men got Yoona, and kidnapped her.

“Ya! Yoona! Get back here! Where are you taking her?!” Ga Eul said running after them. They already got in the car and left. Ga Eul panted and was really very worried.

______________________________________________________________________________

It was already 8 in the evening, still Yoona hasn’t returned yet.

Ga Eul’s POV

It’s okay Ga Eul, you called the police, they’re doing their job, the officer said you just have to wait here for safety and do not worry. Relax…relax… aisshhh, Yoona…

END OF POV

____________________________________________________________________________________

“Ya! You ruthless punks, treating a girl like this?” Yoona shouted, she was blindfolded.

“What? Scared? Don’t worry, everything will be over in a week…” a voice said.

“Ehh? Who are you? Are you trying to make me laugh, blindfolding a blind like me?” Yoona scoffed.

“Oh yes, I totally forgot you’re blind, and not to mention, garrulous? Say, would you like me to cut your tongue out? It would have been better if you were mute and not blind.”

“So you knew all along I’m blind? Who are you?”

“Oh so you have forgotten where we met? At the restaurant, remember?”

“Ehh… you’re that…that…ahh…Woo Bin’s stalker!”

“Stalker? Excuse me?”

“Trying-so-hard-to-be-WooBin’s-girl exactly, monkey girl?” Yoona let out a laugh.

“Wwh..what? Ya! You’ve been kidnapped, you’re life is in danger, no one will come and rescue you ‘cause your friend is in Seoul and you’re in Macau, yet you’re still laughing, are you having a mental disorder something?”

“The person having mental disorder is you, HA JAE KYUNG, if MY Woo Bin finds out that you did this to me, I bet she’ll kick yer and scrape yer hair to death!” Yoona said imitating Woo Bin’s thug-ish accent.

“Your Woo Bin? We’re getting married you ambitious, hideous, sightless, desperate frog princess.”

“Who’s desperate now? You even kidnapped me just to make sure no one gets in the way, let me tell you this you frantic troll, whatever happens, Woo Bin won’t even give you 1% of his love the way he gave his 100% to me. Get that?”

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Ya, thank you so much, I promise I’ll pay you when I get back.” Ga Eul said to her friend, Jing Er.

“It was nothing, just take care of yourself there, and send me a kiss to SO YI JUNG, okay?”

Ga Eul showed a doubtful smile upon hearing her last sentence.

She decided to go to Macau to find Yi Jung and Woo Bin and ask for help. She knew she didn’t have any ideas where to start searching but who else would help her? She can’t handle this alone.

“So, your friend decided to rescue you…alone? I say let’s put a little twist in her adventure here.” Jae Kyung said after her bodyguard told her about Ga Eul.

Not only Jae Kyung’s bodyguards are having an eye on Ga Eul but also Woo Bin’s underground friends… uh, I mean secret service have been eyeing her.

“She’s here??!” Yi Jung said at the height of his astonishment.

“You think she came here for you?” Woo Bin.

“I don’t think so, there must be a reason, is she alone? What about Yoona?”

“Yoona… ya, didn’t I tell you to keep any eye on her? Why didn’t I see this coming?”

“We came back after we took you to the airport, but when we came back to her apartment, the door was broken, so we decided to look for them, we followed Miss Chu Ga Eul where she went, and she was heading to the police station.” One of his men said.

“Ehh? What was she doing there? And Yoona? Where is she?” Woo Bin.

“We found out that Miss Im Yoonah, was kidnapped right after you left and Miss Chu Ga Eul went to the police station to report. We tried to track where Miss Im Yoona would be but we were escorted by Miss Ha Jae Kyung’s bodyguards.”

“Stupid, why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Woo Bin

“We tried but we also have to keep an eye on Miss Ga Eul, so we stayed, when we knew she’s heading here, we might as well follow her, as you well know, we assure you she’s safe by now…”

__________________________________________________________________________________

“I’m so hungry…aissh…I forgot to charge my phone, I can’t call him.”

“Next time, don’t go wandering off alone by yourself…”

Ga Eul turned around expecting she would see So Yi Jung but found Cha Eun Jae instead.

“Eun Jae-sunbae! Good to see you here…I need a little help.” Ga Eul smiled even though she knew she was the cause of her “heartbreak” on her birthday but she was thankful enough for Eun Jae’s advice on Yi Jung.

Eun Jae smiled, pretending she was happy to help her but deep inside she was vociferously laughing thinking of her victory. She thought Ga Eul came to stop their wedding.

“So, you still can’t get over him?” Eun Jae said after ordering, they were in a restaurant. She invited Ga Eul for lunch.

“Aniyo..it’s not that, I need Woo Bin’s help.” Ga Eul

It was very obvious that she’s really worried, her cold sweats and pale lips, she didn’t even think about brushing her hair.

“Woo Bin??” Eun Jae asked surprised.

“It’s my friend, Yoona, she was kidnapped, and I don’t know where to find her… I need his help, do you know where I could find them?”

“Oh, hmm, let me see, why don’t you just rest for tonight and I’ll tell them that you’re here? And just see each other tomorrow, I say?” Eun Jae said starting a plan.

Eun Jae helped Ga Eul and has her checked in in a hotel. Ga Eul charged her phone and saw that she has 18 messages and 12 missed calls.

“Ga Eul-ah, you’re in Macau? Where are you? Why aren’t you answering my call?”

“Ga Eul-ah, are you safe? Tell me where you are.”

“Please tell me where you are right now, I’ve been staying out all night, searching hotels.”

“I can’t believe it, Yoona’s kidnapped? Stay where you are, calm down okay? Everything will be alright.”

“Woo Bin’s looking for her already, there’s no need to worry.”

She didn’t finish reading HIS messages ‘cause her phone rang. It was HIM anyway.

“Sunbae…”

“Where are you?!”

After Ga Eul gave him the exact address of the hotel, he hung up.

Ga Eul’s POV

I guess he’s also worried, how did they knew Yoona was kidnapped? I can’t sleep, I don’t even know if she has eaten already… Yoona…

END OF POV

There was a knock on the door.

“Yi Jung-sunbae…” Ga Eul said to herself and went to open the door but surprised to see a tall man wearing a black leather jacket.