[clays and coins]

If Only


“Aish! Where’s my cell phone!” Ga Eul was murmuring to herself while walking around the room.


“Ga Eul-ah, where did you put it last night?” Yoona asked.


“Have you seen-“ Ga Eul stopped at the point remembering Yoona cannot see and is blind.


“Anyway, I’ll go now, I’ll just look for it later. Take care of yourself and don’t open the door to anyone but me. Bye.”
Ga Eul said and headed off.


Ga Eul rode on a bus going to school and kept on looking at her watch since she only has 25 minutes before her class starts. Unfortunately, the bus broke down few blocks away from the school so she decided to run.


“How unlucky can you get? Aissh!” Ga Eul hissed and ran when unexpectedly 2 cars where racing in a very rapid speed. The orange car almost hit Ga Eul, ALMOST. Her paper works and paintings flew in the air and scattered on the floor.


The orange car stopped and so as the other one.


“Ya! Mianhae (sorry)!” the driver said.


Ga Eul fixed herself and was surprised that the guy was next to her already. She picked up her papers and paintings without talking to the man saying sorry. The guy also helped her and returned her paintings. She stood up after collecting her works.


“Ya, I said I’m sorry, don’t you have any consideration?” the guy questioned.


Ga Eul looked at her watch and realized she only got 5 more minutes before class starts. Without talking, she punched the guy in his face and ran.


“Now we’re even. I’ll let you slip this time!” Ga Eul said and ran passing by the other guy.


“Hey! Where are you going?? Ya! Yi Jung-ah!” the driver of the yellow car shouted as he ran towards his friend.


“Woo Bin, I have to find out who she is.” Yi Jung said while looking at a necklace.


“You should, look at your face. Your nose is bleeding, quite a good punch eh?” Woo Bin teased.


Yi Jung smiled and they went back to their cars.


“Hey! Ga Eul-ah, are you still going to that pottery class?”


“Jing Er! Yes, why? You wanna come?” Ga Eul.



“No, I just want to know who the teacher is. I heard So Yi Jung is here in Jungang so I thought since he’s a world class potter, he should be teaching. You know..” Jing Er said.


“Nah, I don’t think so. Eun Jae-sunbae teaches there in..hey, where’s my necklace??” Ga Eul said while searching her body and bag for the lost necklace.


“I can’t find my phone and now my necklace is lost too. I hate this day, really!” Ga Eul said, depressed.
Jing Er and Ga Eul went to the cafeteria to eat their lunch when suddenly..


…”Prince Song is here! With So Yi Jung!” a girl shouted and all the people in the cafeteria went nuts, even Jing Er. Ga Eul almost choked while eating.


“Yi Jung-ah, don’t you think we’re a bit too showy here? Can we eat somewhere else?” Woo Bin suggested. Yi Jung searched
the whole place and there she was.


“Aahh gotcha!” Yi Jung exclaimed.



He tapped Ga Eul’s table and again he almost choked her.



“Can’t you see I’m eat – huh?” Ga Eul said and stood up in surprise.


“I’m happy you recognize me..miss?” Yi Jung stated.


“Chu Ga Eul!” Jing Er shouted from afar.


“I see Miss Ga Eul, do you mind explaining to me what just happened?” Yi Jung asked.


“Huh? Do I know you? And why is your nose like that? What do I have to explain? Did I do something?” Ga Eul said.


“What happened to my nose is because of you Miss Ga Eul. You just hit me with your clenched fist, I say..4 hours ago?

Remember?” Yi Jung said showing a fake smile.


“Me? I..you? What? That was you???!!! Are you sure?? I see… so?” Ga Eul said getting her bag from the chair and was about to leave again when Yi Jung got a hold of her.


“Ya, you just hit my friend’s face and you’ll just leave him like that?” Woo Bin demanded.


“So what? He almost killed me! YOU! Let go of me!” Ga Eul said and freed herself from Yi Jung’s grip.


She went out of the cafeteria and was heading to the park at the back of the pottery studio.


“Yi Jung-ah, she’s not worth it, come on.” Woo Bin said.


“Hmm..let’s go.” Yi Jung uttered and they left.


Yi Jung headed to the pottery studio to check some of the project displays. He was staring at a teacup from a shelf when he heard footsteps.


“So you came back?”


“Eun Jae, long time no see.” Yi jung greeted and they hugged each other.


Meanwhile, Woo Bin was strolling around looking for some fresh air when suddenly a girl just bumps straight to him.


“I know I’m handsome okay but can you please look at where you’re walki…” Woo Bin stopped in the middle of his sentence when he saw the girl - sightless.


“I’m sorry..sorry, I didn’t mean to.” The girl said wandering around looking…feeling where the person he was to talking to is standing.


“What’s…your name?” Woo Bin asked.


“Im Yoonah… you?” Yoona.


“Ahh.. Song…ah you can call me Woo Bin.” Woo Bin said.


Woo Bin held her hand then he felt a sudden shock like electricity throughout his body. He was speechless. Then the coins in Yoona’s hand slipped away from her finger when Woo Bin held it.


“My money! Where did it go? Where is it? My lunch where is it? Please help me find it.” Yoona said.


Woo Bin, speechless and almost mentally absent looked around and saw the money, when he picked it up, he taught of something.


“Will you come with me?” Woo Bin asked still holding her hand.


“What? Where? I’m not supposed to talk to anyone.” Yoona said uncomfortable in their situation.


“It won’t take long, I promise.” Woo Bin said.


Woo Bin guided her to get in his car.

____________________________________________________________


Woo Bin’s POV


This is weird, why did I bring her here? What was I thinking? On the other hand, she looks really hungry. Anyways, aish!! Weird..Woo Bin relax… take a deep breath. She’s just a girl. Just like any other girl, except that she’s blind…exactly! That’s what makes her different from other… wait, why am I even comparing? Aissh!


END OF POV

____________________________________________________________


“Where are we going...sunbae?” Yoona asked.


Before they could leave, Woo Bin saw that Yoona was wearing a plain shirt and shorts. He can’t bring her to the restaurant wearing only this.


“Hey… stay here ok? I’ll get you something, don’t move.” Woo Bin said.


He bought a bunch of snacks and handed it to Yoona. Yoona, surprised, dropped her jaw at the weight of the food in her hands.


“Is this for me? But why?” Yoona asked in disbelief.


“You sure you know your way home?” Woo Bin asked.


“Yes, I could sense it from here, and besides I know the people in this street.” Yoona answered.


“Well then, I’ll go ahead.” Woo Bin said and headed to his car.


“Bye…thanks…” Yoona uttered to herself.

____________________________________________________________


Few moments later, Chu Ga Eul arrived.


“Ya, Yoona, where did all of this come from? You went shopping by yourself?” Ga Eul asked.


“Nice joke Ga Eul, a friend gave it to me. I just met him this afternoon. How do I look?” Yoona.


“What? Who? Didn’t I tell you not to open the door to anyone but me?” Ga Eul said.


“I didn’t open the door for anyone, we met outside. His name is Woo Bin.” Yoona answered.


“Woo Bin…. I thought I remember hearing that name somewhere..” Ga Eul.


A buzzy ringtone was present inside the room.


“It’s my phone! Where did it came from.. where is it.. ah! There you are!” Ga Eul said when she found her phone inside her jacket.


“Huh? Who’s this?” Ga Eul said.


“HELLO MISS GA EUL.” A voice answered.


“Huh?! Who are you??” Ga Eul asked.


“You ask me that three times already.”


“So Yi Jung? Where’d you get my number??” Ga Eul asked.


“So you know my name? ” Yi Jung said laughing.


“This is not funny, if you don’t have any transactions with me then I suggest you hang up and get a life okay?” Ga Eul  said.


“Transaction? So how much would this necklace cost?” Yi Jung said jokingly.


“Necklace? My necklace?! You stole it?! Wait ‘till I get you, you spoiled cow!” then she hang up.


“Wwhat?! Aiish! That brute girl! I was supposed to return it!” Yi Jung said frustrated.

____________________________________________________________


That night, Woo Bin and Yi Jung had a fun time at the bar, as usual, with girls. They were drinking and dancing and flirting.


“Yi Jung-ah, how do you know when you’re in love? I mean will you know it if you’re in love? Or can you really feel…you know when you are falling for someone?” Woo Bin asked bluntly as he was staring at nowhere with blank facial expression.


Yi Jung almost spit out the wine he was drinking.


“Prince Song Woo Bin is in love? You scare the hell out of me! Are you sick?” Yi Jung teased.


“What? Did I say I’m in love? I just asked you if you know if you will know what you will… never mind!” Woo Bin said, stood up and left.

____________________________________________________________


Next day.


“Ga Eul-ah, is it okay if I leave the house for a short while?” Yoona.


“Ehh? Why? You have some appointment?” Ga Eul asked while putting on her stockings.


“I don’t know. Maybe, but can I?” Yoona insisted.


“Okay but make sure you come back early ok? I’m going first, see ya.” Ga Eul said and left.
____________________________________________________________


Ga Eul’s POV


I’m gonna get you So Yi Jung, ahh! Why am I even thinking of you? Your name sends chill down my spine! I’ll prove to you a girl’s got to do what a girl’s got to do! This is so-not the proper way to treat a girl! Men, I hate men! Now what’s this??”


END OF POV

____________________________________________________________


Her phone is ringing.


“Yoboseyo (hello)?” Ga Eul answered.


“Turn around.” A voice responded.


Ga Eul turned around and saw who she didn’t wish to see. SO YI JUNG with Woo Bin. She hangs up and went to them.


“You! You want another punch? Give me back my necklace.” Ga Eul demanded.


“Hey there’s no need to be so rude okay? You should even thank me for keeping it after I got hit by your weighty fist. You dropped it, I didn’t steal it okay?” Yi Jung explained.


There was a brief moment of silence and Ga Eul was deeply thinking.


Ga Eul’s POV


What a shame! Aissh! Should I say sorry or should I just get the necklace and go? Why is he acting like this in front of me? Does he have a plan? Why is he still not doing his 5 seconds kill technique?

END OF POV

____________________________________________________________


“Ya! Ga Eul-ah, we’re still here, can’t you see us?” Yi Jung said making funny faces at Ga Eul.


Ga Eul seems to be so absent minded at that time. When she came back to her senses, she realized she still hasn’t talk to them yet.


“Ahh…ehh..mianhae (sorry), uhm, thanks. I got to go now…I’ll be late for school.” Ga Eul said but before she could leave, Yi Jung and Woo Bin looked at each other with confused faces.


“School? Ya, it’s Sunday, you have a class?” Woo Bin asked.


“Huh? Sun..Sunday? Is it really Sunday?” Ga Eul dropped her jaw. She got her phone and checked the date and was disappointed to see that it was really Sunday.


“I guess you have nowhere to go now. Let’s go?” Yi Jung offered.


“Go? Where?” Ga Eul asked.


“I don’t know where, you know some place?” Yi Jung.


“I don’t know, but I should be going home instead, you see my friend is at home, alone and she’s scared unaccompanied so I should get going..” Ga Eul refuse to go along with.


“In that case, we should go get your friend and bring her too instead. Woo Bin would be a nice blind date.” Yi Jung joked.


“Blind date??” Woo Bin and Ga Eul reacted simultaneously.


“Huh? Why?” Yi Jung looked at them both suspiciously.


“Nothing.” They responded together again.


Yi Jung was already confused with Woo Bin and Ga Eul’s reactions.


“Is there something I don’t know?” Yi Jung told them.


“Ah..no, okay, I’ll just go get my friend and let’s just meet later okay?” Ga Eul cut Yi Jung’s suspicions and was about to leave again when Yi Jung stopped her.


“You think you could run away with that excuse? Just get in the car and tell me where she lives.” Yi Jung dragged Ga Eul and let her ride in his car.


Woo Bin was following Yi Jung’s car when he was certain of something.


“Huh? Isn’t this…” Woo Bin said as he stopped the car.


Ga Eul hurriedly went inside their room. They live in a room in an apartment at the back of a ramen store since they can’t afford a house.


“Ya, Yi Jung-ah, there’s something I need to tell you.” Woo Bin said.


“Why the sudden face? You’re freaking me out.” Yi Jung teased.


“I think I’m in love with a girl, and I’m certain she’s living here, at the exact location.” Woo Bin explained.


“Hey! You’re not talking about Ga Eul right?” Yi Jung asked.


Woo Bin looked at him and they both went inside.


Meanwhile…


“I thought you’re at school, why did you come back so early? I just finished taking a bath.” Yoona.


“That’s great…really great, it’s Sunday, I have no class and I’m stuck with a double date with him, and not to mention, with you too. A double but single blind date, ‘cause you’re the only one going on a blind date not because you’re blind but because you…”


“Ya! Ga Eul-ah, will you open the door?”


“No, I’m not going on a date; I told you I have an appointment with someone else.” Yoona said.


“ Come on, please, just this once? He’s really nice and cute.” Ga Eul said.


Ga Eul opened the door while Yoona was finding her way to the closet. She hit her head at the door to the other room, Woo Bin saw her and…


“Yoona!” Woo Bin exclaimed.


“Huh? I think I know that voi…” before Yoona could finish her sentence, Woo Bin already got a hold of her. Ga Eul and Yi Jung are straight-faced and couldn’t believe of what had just happened.


“Well then I guess, there’s no problem with your friend going with us since Woo Bin is already…” Yi Jung said but Woo Bin cut his sentence with a glare.


“Yes but could you wait outside and wait till we get dressed?” Ga Eul said showing a fake smile. The two guys left immediately.


“Ya! Ga Eul! Where are you?! I love you so much! Why didn’t you tell me your boyfriend is friends with Woo Bin? Nahh you’re being unfair, is Woo Bin cute? Wait you said he was nice and cute right? What am I going to wear??” Yoona was a bit excited.


“First, he’s not my boyfriend, second, yes, he is cute and lastly, you could just wear anything ‘cause we’re not going out. I AM NOT.” Ga Eul said crossing her arms for a moment.


“If you won’t, I will.”

 

 

 

(A/N:) Poster from ArtsyAsianCrew! ^^ the best. ^^