Il Shim's Clash

If Only

 

Yoona came running for Ga Eul who was with Yi Jung taking pictures.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul, I did it! We did it!” Yoona said happily.

 

 

 

“Did what??? What Yoona?” Ga Eul asked.

 

 

 

“Woo Bin oppa… he taught me. He made me do it.”

 

 

 

“You did what? Ya, sunbae, where’s that battle head friend of yours?”

 

 

 

“Ga Eul, what are you talking about?”

 

 

 

“Yoona, why? Why did you do it?” Ga Eul said and was teary eyed already.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul, he taught me how to swim! I did it, I finally know how to swim!” Yoona said and hugged her.

 

 

 

She was speechless for a while then Yi Jung’s soft laugh caught her and threw her fisherman’s hat at him.

 

 

 

“What’s so funny ehh?” She said pouting.

 

 

 

“Nothing.” He continued laughing.

 

 

 

“Ya, sunbae, that wasn’t funny at…” then Yi Jung flashed his camera at her.

 

 

 

“Okay, nice shot. Thanks Yoona!” Yi Jung called.

 

 

 

 

 

“Am I missing something?” a familiar voice said.

 

 

 

 

“I know that. I’ve heard that voice from somewhere…” Yoona said.

 

 

 

“Ji Won-unnie!” Ga Eul called and hugged her.

 

 

 

“Looks like you girls are having fun. Where’s Woo Bin?” She asked.

 

 

 

“Ji Won-unnie, he’s at the sauna, to freshen up. He’ll be coming in a short while.” Yoona replied.

 

 

 

 

“Are you girls talking about me?” Woo Bin said extending his arms to all of them.

 

 

 

 

“No time to talk. You’re in trouble. Your father.” Ji Won said eyeing Woo Bin.

 

 

 

 

“What? Who’s in trouble? What do you mean his father? Aren’t you too siblings? Oppa, what is this all about? Unnie?” Yoona said confused.

 

 

 

 

“I’ll explain everything later. See you. Let’s go. Yi Jung-ah, you know what to do.” After Yi Jung nodded, Woo Bin and Ji Won left without even saying goodbye to neither Yoona nor Ga Eul.

 

 

“Oppa…” Yoona uttered.

 

 

 

 

“Okay… who wants to ride on a banana boat?” Yi Jung said.

 

 

 

 

“That would be fun sunbae…but I don’t think it’s a good time for Yoona…”

 

 

 

 

“Let’s go to my room and I’ll explain everything.” Yi Jung said and snatched Ga Eul’s hand.

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“What’s the hitch?” Woo Bin questioned.

 

 

 

“Your cousin.”

 

 

 

“Muo??” Woo Bin stopped walking for a while and faced Ji Won.

 

 

 

“What about him? What about SungMin?” His eyes questioning.

 

 

 

“I know your father didn’t tell you everything but before that, let’s find a nice place to chit chat since my job as your sister is now terminated, why don’t you take me as a woman. Let’s head to the bar.”

 

 

 

Woo Bin sent Yoona a message.

 

 

 

I’m so sorry princess, I forgot to kiss you goodbye. I’ll be back soon, don’t worry too much. Have fun with Yi Jung and Ga Eul. Saranghae.

 

 

 

Not for long… he received Yoona’s reply.

 

 

 

Whatever you say gangster, as long as you explain this to me later. I’m starting to wonder what’s with you and Ji Won-unnie. Take care.

 

 

 

Woo Bin smiled for a moment thinking his Yoona is starting to be a bit possessive of him and is jealous.

 

 

 

“Ya, are you listening?” Ji Won.

 

 

 

“Ah ye…continue.” Woo Bin destructed himself and kept his phone in his pocket.

 

 

 

“Your father and your uncle haven’t spoken for so long since your grandfather decided to hand the Song Estate to your father. When he said Song Estate, that includes all the businesses entitled to it. Your uncle is now making arrangements now that you’re father reached his…well you know what I’m talking about. Your uncle is just making sure he gets what he wants.”

 

 

 

“My father is not dead yet, he acts as if my father isn’t his brother.”

 

 

 

“And that’s when your cousin, Song Sungmin enters the scene.”

 

 

 

“What about him?”

 

 

 

“I’m not sure, but I’ve heard from some of our men that he’s been taking actions lately.”

 

 

 

“Like what?”

 

“You haven’t taken care of the chattels in Namsan, Busan and also in Macau. He was last seen on a press con talking about the development of these…which is of course, without your consent. Aren’t you going to take any dealings to it?”

 

 

“Just give him what he wants, as long as he minds his own business and won’t in my problems.”

 

 

“As for now, your father needs you.”

 

 

“Woo Bin’s family has been one of the most eminent families here in Korea.”

 

 

“Not to mention…your family too.” Ga Eul snapped.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul-yang, tease me later okay? I have some explanations here.”  Yi Jung smiled.

 

 

“To make it short, his father and his uncle had this rivalry over the Song Estate ever since we were kids. And I think the “problem” Ji Won is talking about lately, is that his uncle is now making actions due that Woo Bin’s father is now weak and old and who knows might die tomorrow…”

 

 

“Ya, sunbae! Don’t say that!” Yoona stopped him.

 

 

 

“Okay, okay…Sorry. I’m just telling the truth. And talking about his cousin, Sungmin, he was the one who made Woo Bin what he is today.”

 

 

 

“A blabber?” Ga Eul.

 

 

“A gangster?” Yoona.

 

 

 

“Ani…ani…a…womanizer. I mean a playboy, like me. Well he’s not one now, I mean before you know now… aaah, you understand me? A playboy…”

 

 

The ladies nodded.

 

“Woo Bin was in love with this girl, not knowing that the girl he loves also fell for Sungmin. Woo Bin was about to propose to her when she rejected him all of a sudden because she was going to marry Sungmin.”

 

 

“So, Sungmin is married now?”

 

 

“Ani…they divorced a week later. Sungmin is a bit of a player too. But he’s worse…than us. We don’t take it to the extent that we make commitments. Ani..ani…”

 

 

“Now I know…” Yoona.

 

 

 

“Now you know Yoona, how serious Woo Bin is, you changed him back from what he was before. He’s scared to commit, thinking the girl he loves will leave him again.”

 

 

 

“Ani…I won’t do that.” Yoona smiled.

 

 

 

“Now, I don’t know what the details are since he hasn’t called me yet.” Yi Jung said.

 

 

“Let me try and call him…” Yoona said.

 

 

 

Woo Bin and Ji Won were having dinner still talking about the issues regarding Woo Bin’s family. Woo Bin’s phone rang…

 

 

“Oppa…” Yoona on the other line.

 

 

“Hmmm, Yoona, how are you sweetie? I’m sorry can’t make it tonight. Still have lots of things to talk about. But I’ll catch up with you…”

 

 

 

“So where are you taking me tonight? The bar? What hotel are we staying in?”

 

 

Ji Won didn’t mean to cut in their conversation as she was busy eating the hefty lobster in her plate. Woo Bin tried to stop her but it was too late, Yoona already heard her on the other line.

 

 

 

“Oppa…you’re still with her?”

 

 

 

“Yoona, It’s not like tha-“

 

 

 

“Just take care. Araso? Bye.” She hang up.

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“So? Are we still going to wait for him for dinner?”

 

 

 

“Ani… I don’t think so. Let’s go.” Yoona said bluntly.

 

 

 

“What did he say? Yoona, are you okay?” Ga Eul asked her friend.

 

 

 

“He said they still have lots of catching up to do. I’m fine Ga Eul, let’s go.” She said and headed out of the door without another word.

 

 

 

“Ga Eul-ah, your friend needs you.” Yi Jung smiled at her as he kissed her forehead. They headed to the restaurant.