And Again

If Only

 

3 months later…

 

 

Yoona went with Woo Bin to California, to have her treated. After six months of treatments, the doctors said her red blood cell count was still too low. They discussed with her the idea of having a bone marrow transplant and asked if Yoona had brothers and sisters. Well, since Ga Eul was the only family Yoona had (her parents died when she was young), they had to search for a matching donor.

 

Yoona stayed in the hospital for 45 days. She stayed in different hospitals, while she’s there, a nutritionist came to visit her, explaining how eating the proper foods would strengthen her immune system. Since then she decided to stop eating red meat and greasy foods and to focus on fish, beans and vegetables.

 

 

Woo Bin never left her side. So she stayed strong and fought not only for herself but also for him and the people who loved her.

 

 

“Why do you have to suffer like this baby? You don’t smoke, you don’t drink, you don’t have any unhealthy habits the way I do but why…” Woo Bin said but Yoona stopped her.

 

 

“Don’t lose hope, I can make it oppa. I promise.” She said smiling while tears rushing down her cheeks.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

2 years have passed and Yi Jung and Ga Eul had started preparing their wedding. It was a double wedding actually for Woo Bin decided to propose to Yoona after he heard that Yi Jung and Ga Eul were officially engaged.

 

 

All was set for their special day next week. They were having a good time when they decided to take a trip to Jeju Island. They talked about their past experiences and laughed at each other’s embarrassing moments. They were very happy at that time. No doubts, no worries, no problems.

 

 

“Ga Eul yang, no, scratch that, Mrs. So Ga Eul…that’s better. All our hopes and dreams are finally coming true, you will be So Yi Jung’s wife next week.” He smiled as he cuddled her.

 

 

“Don’t be too excited Mr. So, for all we know, the bride does the blushing and not the groom.”

 

 

“Now where did you just learn that?” He chuckled and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

 

 

“That is for being dim-witted.” He said and Ga Eul giggled.

 

 

 Next, a kiss on her nose.

 

 

“That is for being so cute all the time.” He smiled and she continued giggling.

 

 

Lastly, on her lips….

 

 

“And that, my love is for being you… the real you. I love you.” He said as he kissed her again.

 

 

 

“(Coughs) Okay, shall we excuse ourselves?” Yoona cut them.

 

 

 

“Go ahead. It’s our pleasure!” Yi Jung smirked pushing them away, not letting go of Ga Eul.

 

 

Woo Bin and Yoona walked hand in hand.

 

 

 

“Sweetie, stay strong for me…will you?” he said hugging her. She was pale and thinner now.

 

 

“I will, I can get through this, I promise.” She smiled.

 

 

“I will never ever leave you…put that in your mind and heart.”

 

 

“Well, well, who would have thought that my gangster has a soft side in his heart too?”

 

 

“Muo? Are you hitting on me?” he smiled as he kissed her lips.

 

 

 

The wedding was almost close to perfect, except that the girls started to cry even before they reach the altar. It was simple, like Yoona and Ga Eul wanted it to be, but to them, it was the most beautiful thing ever.

 

 

They exchanged their sweet I Do’s and couple rings. Everyone was happy, like everything they have experienced before was just a mere writing on a piece of paper. They already have marked their love for each other…forever. And no one can ever tear them apart now…never.

 

 

5 years have passed.

 

 

Yi Jung and Ga Eul had a son named So Sang Bum (4 years old) and a daughter they named Yoona (2 years old).

 

 

Yoona and Woo Bin had a son, they named him You Ri. Yoona was happy to have him and he’s now 5 years old.

 

 

Woo Bin went to his son’s room to check him up. He touched his face telling himself damn! He looked more like his mother than me! But his lips resemble mine, kissable. haha

 

 

“Hey there sport, you know…when your mother was alive, I’d wake up early just to see her. And now, I wake up early just to spend every precious moment with you. If only I could turn back the clock, I wouldn’t have wasted my time making her jealous, teasing her and making her cry. I would spend it by telling her how much I loved her…”

 

 

Then his son woke up.

 

 

“Appa…”

 

 

“Hey there sporty, how was your sleep?”

 

 

“Good, I dreamt about omma, we were there on Je…Jjj…jjje…”

 

 

“Jeju…jeju island.”

 

 

“Ne, Jeju Island…and we walking on the beach. You, me and omma. She said saranghae You Ri-ah, saranghae appa then she fell asleep under the tree.”

 

 

“Then?”

 

 

“Then I saw Aunt Ga Eul and Uncle Yi Jung. They were crying but omma was smiling at me.”

 

 

“I didn’t expect that a kiddo like you would dream something like that. But like what Aunt Ga Eul, Uncle Yi Jung and I explained to you, wherever your omma is now, she’s always watching you, and there’s no single day that she stopped thinking about you…she loves you. You know that, don’t you?”

 

 

 

“I know appa, I love her very much.”

 

 

 

“And we love you too.” He kissed him on his head.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey there sport, let’s go out!”

 

 

 

“Uncle Yi Jung!” and the kid jumped out of bed and kissed him, followed by Ga Eul who was holding Yoona and Sang Bum’s hand.

 

 

 

 

“We decided to go out, perhaps you’d like to come.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

 

 

“Appa, can i? can i?” he said jumping.

 

 

 

Yoona and Sang Bum went to Woo Bin and gave him a peck on his cheeks. Sang Bum started to join You Ri in pleasing their dads.

 

 

 

 

Yoona on the other hand, looked around and sat on the bed. Yi Jung noticed her and went near her.

 

 

 

“Hey sweetie, are you okay?” she nodded.

 

 

 

“Our Yoona is getting prettier everyday. Like your Aunt Yoona, your eyes are beautiful.” Woo Bin said and the kid curiously stared at him.

 

 

 

He carried her.

 

 

 

“Okay then, let’s go on a trip.”

 

You Ri, Yoona and Sang Bum rode with Ga Eul, who was driving the car. The daddies, Yi Jung and Woo Bin prepared the stuffs they needed.

 

 

 

“Yi Jung-ah, for a while, I’ll just buy something.”

 

 

 

“Hurry up.”

 

 

 

Woo Bin left. He was about to enter the store when a girl bumped him on her way out.

 

 

“I know I’m handsome okay but can you please look at where you’re walki…” Woo Bin stopped in the middle of his sentence when he recalled what he just said.

 

 

Like what I’ve said the first day I met Yoona.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.” The girl said.

 

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath before finally having the courage to look at her.

 

It can’t be her, of course it’s not my wife, she’s in heaven by now.

 

“Yoona?” he said.