Will you be my girl?

If Only

 

They headed to the restaurant when Yoona suddenly lost her balance; good thing Yi Jung caught her.

 

“Are you okay?” Yi Jung asked her.

 

 

“Ya, Yoona, don’t worry about him too much.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

“Ani, I’m not worried about him. He can do what he wants to do, family comes first right? I just had this headache for I don’t know how long.” Yoona said.

 

 

“You want to go to the hospital for check up?” Yi Jung suggested.

 

 

“I don’t know, I think I’ll just stay in my room.” Then she hugged Ga Eul and left.

 

 

 Yi Jung and Ga Eul ate dinner together since Yoona decided to just stay in her room. She tried to relax herself by taking a warm bath at the tub.

 

 

 

YOONA’S POV

 

I don’t have the right to be jealous. I’m not his girlfriend, officially. We’re just dating. Calm down Yoona, Ji Won unnie and Woo Bin oppa don’t have anything special going on…yes, nothing. I trust him, he said they’ll just talk about some family problems. Nothing else…yes Yoona, nothing else… just that…

 

“Where are you taking me tonight? The bar? What hotel are we staying in?”

 

Although I was quite sure it’s Ji Won-unnie’s voice, she knows Woo Bin and I are dating. She can’t just… ahhhh Yoona. Stop this.

 

END OF POV

 

 

 

“Ani…ani, you have to stop thinking about it.” She said to herself and rested for a while on the tub.

 

 

She heard a loud knock on the door, so she grabbed her bath robe and opened the door.

 

 

“Ga Eul-ah…where’s Yi Jung sunbae?”

 

 

“He said he’ll just get something, thought you want someone to talk to…”  she smiled.

 

 

“That’s so sweet, but I’m okay. Really…” Yoona said closing the door behind her.

 

 

Ga Eul sat on a couch and exhaled deeply.

 

 

“You okay?” Yoona asked combing her hair.

 

 

“Ne…I’m so full. Yoona, you think Ji Won unnie is somehow related to Woo Bin? Or what… ‘cause it looks like she is well connected to their family…”

 

 

“I don’t know Ga Eul, why don’t you ask Yi Jung sunbae…”

 

 

“Ani…he might think I’m nosing in…”

 

 

“Ahhh!” Yoona cried.

 

 

“Ya, Yoona, are you okay? What happened! Ya…” She said trying to comfort Yoona.

 

 

"I'm fine, it's just another headache..” She said massaging her temple.

 

 

“You’re pale Yoona, I think you should eat something.”

 

 

She called Yi Jung.

 

 

“Sunbae, Yoona, she’s…where are you?”

 

 

“I’m on my way bumpkin, don’t panic okay? I’m on my way.”

 

 

And there he was, knocking on the door. Ga Eul opened it.

 

 

“I already called Woo Bin, he said he’ll be back shortly.” Yi Jung said giving the paper bag he was bringing to Ga Eul.

 

 

“Yoona, here, eat this.” She handed Yoona the spoon.

 

 

It took about 30 minutes before Woo Bin arrived…with Ji Won.

 

 

“Huh? Yoona, what happened?” Woo Bin said when he saw Yoona lying on the bed.

 

 

Yoona got up and gave him a weak smile, she noticed Ji Won entering the room and she wondered why she felt something crushing her heart.

 

 

Woo Bin noticed it. She can never hide anything from him.

 

 

“Ya, Yi Jung-ah, can you go with Ji Won and have her checked in? I might as well catch up here with my princess.” He signaled and Yi Jung rolled his eyes.

 

 

“Ya, you’re so dead.” Ga Eul joked and smiled at them before she and Yi Jung left the room.

 

 

Woo Bin held Yoona’s hand but she was not in the mood.

 

 

“Sunbae, I’m okay. I just need a rest. You’ve been well the whole afternoon eh? I bet you’re tired, why don’t you have some sleep too?” She smiled at him.

 

 

“Yoona, I know what you’re thinking so I will tell you what’s going on. But before that, can you give me a smile? That genuine smile I haven’t seen since this morning when we left.” Woo Bin said and pulled her into a hug.

 

 

Yoona just gave him a smile at the corner of her lips but didn’t look at him.

 

 

“Okay… Ji Won works for our family. Like a spy, an undercover agent, a detective…you get it? And-“

 

 

“I know about that… sunbae told me.” Yoona cut him.

 

 

“Okay, well here’s the thing… My uncle has been taking actions because he does not want me to take over the business entitled to my father. You know stories like that, about wealthy families…”

 

 

“But…”

 

 

“There’s noting to worry Yoona, everything’s okay. As long as you promise to stay by my side.”  He said.

 

 

“Hmmmm…just promise me one thing oppa…” She held his hand.

 

 

“Anything…” He said looking at her.

 

 

“I promise to stay right by your side, I promise to be always there for you but…promise me, you won’t take me seriously.” She said…she was aware that tears are forming in the corners of her eyes.

 

 

“Muo?”

 

 

“Just promise me that oppa…araso? Let’s go help Ji Won unnie.” She smiled driving away her crying sensation.

 

 

“What do you mean Yoona…not take you seriously?” He was confused.

 

 

“Let’s talk about it some other time…”

 

 

Later that night, Yoona and Ji Won had a talk with Ji Won explaining everything. She assured Yoona that what she and Woo Bin had is purely business and has nothing to do with personal issues. Yoona apologized for doubting and thinking pessimistically. Yoona felt relieved, she had a good sleep except that her headache kept on disturbing her.

 

They had a fun stay at New Caledonia, thanks to Ji Won, Yoona and Woo Bin is again in good terms.

 

 

 

Ga Eul was troubled when she realized that Yoona has been experiencing this headache for too long already. It’s getting worse for there was a time when she found Yoona unconscious. She tried to convince her to go to the hospital for a check up, but she won’t. She’s scared, she just recovered from her sight problems and she doesn’t want to have any more health problems. She won’t accept it.

 

 

“Woo Bin sunbae, she doesn’t want to. I tried to tell her for how many times, she won’t listen to me.”

Ga Eul said to Woo Bin.

 

 

“Woo Bin, prove to me you still have that charm in persuading women.” Yi Jung teased.

 

 

Yoona got out of the bathroom.

 

 

“Huh? Gangster, you’re a bit early. Going somewhere?” Yoona asked.

 

 

“Hey sweetie (gives her a peck on her cheek), say, would you like to go to the doctor?”

 

 

“Oppa…how many times did we talk about this?”

 

 

“Please…I just want to make sure you’re al—huh? Yoona…” he panicked.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Your nose is bleeding.” He said as he searched his pocket looking for his hanky.

 

 

“Muo?” Yoona was baffled and was startled when she saw a droplet of blood in her shirt.

 

 

“Yoona, I told you, you should go to the doctor.” Ga Eul said.

 

 

 

Woo Bin decided to take her forcefully to have a check up and found out that she has leukemia, and it has entered her central nervous system. As the doctor has said, people with leukemia may easily become bruised, bleed excessively, or develop pinprick bleeds.

 

 

After the check up, Woo Bin and Yoona drove back home in awkward silence…

 

 

Woo Bin was driving in rapid speed and that was when Yoona broke her stillness…

 

 

“Ya, you don’t want to kill me first don’t you? Slow down.” And Woo Bin hit the break.

 

 

“Oppa! What’s wrong with you…” She said when she nearly hit her head due to Woo Bin’s sudden break.

 

 

“Ani…ani, let’s look for another doctor, maybe he diagnosed you incorrectly.” He said panting. His heart was roaring…and thumping loudly. He was palpitating. He could hear his heart’s pounding.

 

 

“But that doctor was one of the finest doctors here in Korea.” She said.

 

 

“But he said you have leukemia, you think I’ll believe that?” He looked at her.

 

 

“Oppa…” that was all that she could say and she cried.

 

 

“Yoona…mian. Mianhae for not taking care of you..” He said. Yoona started to sob, Woo Bin embraced her as she cried on his shoulder.

 

 

“Can you take me home? I think I need a rest…” She said and Woo Bin just nodded.

 

 

After he dropped her at the hotel, he went straight to what seem to look like a warehouse. His men were there, waiting for their boss’ orders.

 

 

“You, hit me.” He said to one of his men.

 

 

“But…young master…”

 

 

“I said…hit me.” And like what he said, the guy hit him…in his face. Then he asked another one to kick him. When he realized his lips were already bleeding, he stopped for a moment then Yoona’s words started replaying in his mind…

 

 

“I promise to stay right by your side, I promise to be always there for you but…promise me, you won’t take me seriously.”

 

 

Woo Bin’s POV

 

Is it possible that she already had known beforehand about this??? Yoona…why… Wae? Wae?

 

END OF POV

 

 

And he started beating his men.  He started thrashing on walls until his knuckles started to bleed. He almost killed himself. He thought for a moment. He wished he could stop the time. If only he could, he would. But no, there’s nothing he can do about it anymore. He’s got money, he’s got power, he’s got access to the country’s premier health institute but why can’t he think of something? Can’t he just order his men and kidnap the best doctor in the world to cure his life? Not literally, but he said it to her that she was his life now. He had meant that…wholeheartedly. He was changed. There was no need to stress that in front of her anymore. Right now, all that mater to him was her. The sight of crying heart and saddened face is enough to crash his heart for who knows how many times. If she’s hurting, he could feel the pain twice than her. How much had he always waned to catch the pain and suffer instead of her. He had gone out with who knows how many girls but this girl just stuck him and made him change in many ways. She can make him happy, she can make him sad, she can make him angry, she can make him mad. She can make him do anything for her. Even if she didn’t want him to, he’ll still insist and do it if that could make her happy.

 

 

He went to see her even though his hands were wrapped with gauze as to what he’d done to his men yesterday. His knuckles were bleeding. He had said sorry to his men and gave them extra pay for agreeing to take his strong kicks and punches.

               

 

She was sleeping and he was surprised to see his best friend there early too. She was surprised when she woke up as the most special people she could ever think of was there watching her.

 

 

“Why are you here so early? Oppa…” Yoona said but Woo Bin just pulled her into a hug.

 

 

“What happened to your hand?” She said taking a look at it but he didn’t answer, he just hugged her tightly.

 

 

 

Yi Jung and Ga Eul left them for a while so they could have time for each other.

 

=============================================8=====================================

 

“I hope this isn’t a bad timing for me to say this Ga Eul-yang…” He said smiling.

 

 

“Muo? Sunbae, bad timing or not, every word that comes from your mouth is important to me.” She said blushing.

 

 

“Okay…I’ll pretend I didn’t know that beforehand, although it’s pretty obvious that you’re dying to hear something from me.” He smirked and she gave him a thug on his arm.

 

 

“Ya…”

 

 

“Just joking…I think it’s time we should talk about us Ga Eul yang...” His face turned to a serious one.

 

 

“Eh?”

 

 

“There’s nothing more to say, you already know how I feel, I already know how you feel…”

 

 

“So what is there to talk about us sunbae?”

 

 

“I can’t take it anymore Ga Eul… I can’t wait that long anymore…”

 

 

“Muo? What are you trying to say?”

 

 

“I can’t afford to lose you anymore Ga Eul…” he smiled and winked at her.

 

 

“Sunbae…”

 

 

“That’s why I’m doing this now…”

 

 

He kneeled.

 

 

“Sunbae, isn’t this too early? I’m still studying you see…and I still…”

 

 

 

“Relax Ga Eul yang, I’m not going to propose…”

 

 

 

Ga Eul blushed, her eyes wandering…

 

 

 

“Not yet…but this…is an assurance that I’ll be yours and you’ll be mine for the rest of our lives. Will you take me? Will you be my country bumpkin?”

 

 

“Sunbae…”

 

“And when I mean MY…you only belong to me and no one else. I should tell you in advance that I don’t like it when I see some buds hanging around my girl. What is mine is mine. This is your fault Ga Eul yang.”

 

 

“Muo? How did it become my fault?”

 

 

“You made me fall for you. Tsk. Aren’t you playing hard to get? You should be jumping because of joy now.” He chuckled.

 

 

“Wae?”

 

 

“What do you mean why?”

 

 

“You’re always making me blush; leaving me questions I can’t seem to answer.”

 

 

He smirked.

 

 

“Without you knowing it, you’re the one always making me blush and leaving me the answers to my unanswered questions.” He smiled.

 

 

He stood up and got the velvet box in his pocket.

 

 

“Sunbae…”

 

 

He opened it exposing what seemed to look like a pendant shining and sparkling as it was crafted with little diamonds. Its chain was gleaming when Yi Jung took it out of the box.

 

 

It was simple, like her but charming and beautiful. It wasn’t that much attractive, like her, but its value is more than enough to live for a lifetime.

 

 

“Sunbae…”

 

 

“Ga Eul yang, I do love you. Take this necklace as a sign of my love…forever.

 

 

“Sunbae…”

 

 

“Ya, don’t you know how much courage I’ve practiced just to tell you all this and all you say is sunbae…sunbae…sunbae…??”

 

 

He pouted. She smiled.

 

 

“Sunbae, is this really for me?” She said touching the fine details of the pendant.

 

 

“Ya, you’re making me say it again. Of course it is, I made it even special, look at the back of it, and I had our initials crafted. Y&G.”

 

 

“Sunbae… isn’t this too much?”

 

 

“I’m willing to give more than too much just for you Ga Eul yang.”

 

 

“Sunbae…”

 

 

“Ahhh, don’t make me say it again. Are you going to answer me or…”

 

 

“I do.”

 

 

“What is it again?”

 

 

“I said. I do.”

 

 

“Can you say that again? I don’t seem to hear you clearly.” He said and he was enjoying his moment.

 

 

“Make me say it one more time, I’ll kiss you.” she said.

 

 

“Muo? I really don’t…-“

 

 

 

She kissed him. Yi Jung was a bit shock and helpless and became feeble as he returned Ga Eul’s kiss. He didn’t expect his lady love would really kiss him.

 

 

“Was that enough?”

 

 

“Ani. More than enough.” And he hugged her.

 

 

“I told you not to take me seriously…”

 

 

“Sssh…you’re not going to die. Araso? We’ll find a donor soon. I won’t stop until I find one.” Woo Bin.

 

 

Tears started rushing down her cheeks.

 

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

 

“Ani, I’m just happy.”