Just so you know, I Never Hated you

Just so you know, I still hate you

Mark’s Pov.

 

    I haven’t seen any of my friends (or Jackson’s) since we had lunch on Tuesday. Something weird happened that day, but I just don’t know what. That atmosphere was so tense I couldn’t help but wonder if a fight had happened and I was just uninformed. When I tried to ask Jinyoung about it, he just called me crazy. I may not know what's going on, but I can tell when something up and I know something is going on.

 

I decided to pay extra attention to everyone’s actions tonight while we study. Finding out if there’s a problem between my friends is more important to my then reading that book for English and writing that paper, (which is due in two weeks and I may or may not even be half way through the book.) I’m willing to sacrifice my study time for my friends. I’m just that generous.

 

~10:15 pm~

 

    I was fifteen minutes late, I thought as I was running to the library. This time though I wasn’t late because I was getting ready (I decided that sweat pants and a hoodie were good enough) I was late because I had fallen asleep. I thought it would be a good idea to sleep a little before I had to leave so I wouldn’t be as tired the next day. The only problem is that I forget to set an alarm so I ended up waking up at ten. Even though I got ready as fast as I could it was still ten fifteen when I left. It takes fifteen minutes to get to the library, so I’ll end up being thirty minutes late. At least It’s not as bad as last time.

 

When I finally got to  the library I checked my watch, it was ten twenty-nine; close enough. I was prepared for all the stares and questioning I would get from my friends when I walked in. What I wasn’t prepared for though, was the fact that nobody else was here; aside from the librarians and…. Jackson.

 

I cursed my luck as I walked over to our usual table. He was reading a book but immediately looked up at me when I sat down. Jackson let out a sigh and said “Oh, it’s just you.” and went back to reading his book. “What do you mean, ‘Just me’” I said. Jackson let out a sigh and shut his book before setting it down on the table and said “If you haven’t noticed, nobody else is here.” I frowned at him and said “Of course I noticed, I’m not stupid. I was just asking why it’s such a problem that it’s me.”

 

Jackson looked at me like I was stupid before saying “You told me I’m not supposed to talk to you.” He said it in such a way I actually felt a little guilty. I had only said that because I thought that’s what he wanted. “Well technically I said we don’t have to talk much; when we hung out.” I said. “You also said we wouldn’t hang out if the other weren't here.” Jackson said in a way the sounded almost, sad?

 

I responded to Jackson saying “Well the others should be here soon, so we’re technically not hanging out alone with each other.” He gave me a blank look before saying “Whatever you say” and picked up his book and continued reading. I followed suit and pulled out my own book and started reading.

 

I hadn’t even been reading for fifteen minutes and I was bored out of my mind. I had planned on socializing with my friends and helping them with their homework while trying to figure out what had happened to cause the drama on Tuesday. This is not what I had planned. It was at that moment my phone vibrated, indicating that I had gotten a text. I jumped at the chance for a distraction from the torture that was this book.

 

But the moment I read the text my heart sank. It was from Yugyeom, It read: Hyung, I’m not going to make it tonight. Me and BamBam are going on a date, I forgot that we were meeting up today when I made reservations and I don’t want to cancel. I’ll see you tomorrow, have fun studying though :). That was one less person, I just hope the others get here soon.

 

That was when I heard a ding sound, and I saw Jackson reached into his pocket and pull out his phone. He let a frustrated sigh out when he read the message that was sent. “BamBam’s not coming.” Jackson stated. “Yugyeom Isn't coming either” I responded. We just stared at each other for a while before we continued to read our books.

 

That was when the night fell apart. In the next thirty minutes me and Jackson received more text with bad news. I got a text from Jinyoung saying that he felt ill and decided it was best for him if he didn’t stay up late, because he needed as much sleep as he could get. The next text I got was from Youngjae, he was bailing out on me because he asked Jaebum if he could help him with his math one-on-one. So they were going to study and Youngjae’s house. I would have been really mad, but Youngjae’s had a crush on Jaebum forever and had been waiting for a moment to be alone forever. Jackson also received one from Jaebum and simply said he wasn’t coming. I was cursing my lucky stars for never being with me when I needed them.

 

Jackson’s Pov.

 

    My heart was beating hard. But I had no explanation for why. It was fine when I first got to the library, but the moment Mark appeared it started beating hard. My best guess for why, is because no one else was there and if Marks the only one here then it’ll be awkward. Boy was I right, all of our friends had canceled on us and now we were the only two left in the library. I decided that the best approach to this situation would be too simple not say anything, and just read my book.

 

That lasted for a good fifteen minutes before I couldn’t take it. I’m a social person, I need to talk to people, and this book is the most boring thing I have ever read. This meant that I slammed my book and the table and said in a very loud voice “This book is so boring!!” Mark chuckled a little before looking at what book I was reading. When he saw it he let out a gasp and grabbed the book. “Do you have to read this book for English?” He said in a rather excited voice. I responded simply saying “Yeah, why?”

 

Mark replied saying “I have to read that book too. But I haven’t even gotten halfway through yet because it’s so boring. But I haven’t been able to find a single person who agrees with me.” While also showing me his book as proof. I smiled at him, we had found something in common. “Please, I don’t just hate the book, I hate the teacher as well.” I said rather bitterly thinking about how horrible she was. “I totally agree, she gives the most unrealistic homework assignments ever!” Mark said, I then responded saying “Not only that, she’s really mean. She gave me detention and I wasn’t even doing anything.

 

Me and Mark continued to talk about English, the book, and the horrible teacher. When that got boring I tried changing the subject, and the most amazing thing happened. I found out we had a lot in common. We shared a lot of the same interest and opinions, but even on things we didn’t agree on, we had some great discussion on. I got so into our conversations that I forget we had been enemies at one point.

 

We were talking for so long time went by really fast before I knew it, it was one thirty am. I didn’t want to go home, then I would have to stop talking to Mark. Then we would go back to being not friends but not enemies, we would go back to not talking with each other. My heart sank at that thought, and this time, I knew why. I liked talking to Mark and I wanted to be his friend.

 

The closer to two it got the more I dreaded it. I was so deep into thought that I missed what mark said. Mark let out a small sigh before saying “Why do you hate me?” The question was so sudden it took me a while to register what he had said. “What?” I said. “I said why do you hate me?” Mark said a little more desperate this time. I said “I don’t hate you” if the shocked look on his face didn’t say he was surprised, nothing would.

 

“I’m sorry, could you repeat that?” Mark asked, I replied saying “I don’t hate you I never did.” Mark look even more confused and said “Then why, why did you do everything?” I replied saying “You know what happened in first grade.” He nodded and I continued. “Well I was afraid that you hated me after that, so I decided that if you were going to be mean and hate me, well then I was going to do that too.”

 

Mark lt out a small laugh before saying “I never hated you either” It was my turn to be surprised. “W-What?” I stammered out. Mark let out another small laugh before continuing “After you spilled that sand on me, I was a little upset sure. But not because you spilled sand on me, it was because I was covered in sand. I was going to tell you that it was okay, but you ran away before I could. I decided that I would just tell you the next day, but you tripped my in the halls and was mean to me. I didn’t know what else to do other than be mean right back. Then as we got older I couldn’t do anything about because I didn’t know how to just make someone not your enemy. But I never hated you.”

 

I felt like such an idiot. All this time I was convinced that Mark hated me, but turned out it was all my fault why we fought. I let out a sigh before saying “Mark, I’m so sorry.” Mark just smiled at me and said “It’s not your fault you were a kid.” I then said “Well I’m not a kid anymore, it’s time to make this right. So to start, would you like to be friends.” I waited anxiously for his reply. Mark just smiled and said, “I would love too.” I had never been so happy that my friends bailed on me.

 

 


Were coming to the end of the story, they'll only be like one or two more chapters after this. I'm really happy with how long this chapter turned out, I think this might be my longest chapter (not too sure though) the next chapters won't be as long, just a heads up. Sorry for any mistakes, after I finish writing it I want to post it write away, so I only edit parts of it, so sorry for that. Anyway thank you so much for reading my story, :) feel free to comment and have a great day (because I said so)