Finally Together

Just so you know, I still hate you

Jackson’s Pov.

It was Saturday, ten p.m. and I was on my way to Jinyoung’s house. I could feel the excitement rising in me the closer I got. What can I say, I’m a party person. When I arrived, I walked up to the house and knocked on the door. I was let in, but something felt off. I couldn't’t quite put my finger on it though. I was scanning the area to see if something stood out, it was at that moment I realized what it was. I didn't’t know a single person here.

I continued looking around, surely there was at least someone I knew. Nope, not a single person I had searched the entire house, twice, but with no luck. I had been wandering the house trying to find at least one of my friends (after all we were all supposed to be meet here). It was when I got back downstairs that I finally saw a familiar face sitting all alone on the living room couch.

“Mark!!” I called out in excitement. Finally someone I knew. “Jackson” Mark let out with a sign “Finally someone I know” I nodded in agreement before joining him on the conveniently empty couch. “I’ve searched the entire house, and yet not one person I knew. I don’t even think these guys go to our school!” I complained to Mark. “I already tried texting and calling the guys, but no answer.” Mark said. We chatted a bit longer before I went to the kitchen to go get a drink.

I started chatting some people up, before I caught a glance of Mark, he looked so uncomfortable. He was clearly out of his element here, and it was showing in the way he sat awkwardly on the couch, exactly where I left him. I knew what I had to do. I walked back over to Mark. “Hey.” Mark looked up “Um, hey. Did you get your drink?” “No, I had a better idea. Want to get out of here?” Mark smiled and responded “I would love to.”

Mark stood up and we left the house. We walked to a nearby drugstore and purchased a few sodas. We sat down on the curb and talked about everything and nothing.

 


 

 

No One's Pov.

“Shhh!!! Do you want us to get caught!!”

“You shush, you’re the loud one.”

“Can you believe they’re sharing a soda!!”

“Shhh!!! To all of you!!

“DUCK, DUCK, They’re looking this way.

Jinyoung, Jaebum, Youngjae, BamBam, and Yugyeom were all hiding behind a bush, spying on Mark and Jackson on their little “date”. Though they weren't exactly quiet about it, if Mark and Jackson weren't so engrossed with each other they would’ve been caught by now.

 


 

 

Mark’s Pov.

I could not believe how well this night has gone! Tonight started out awful, being stuck at that party full of strangers was the worst. I was thrilled when Jackson asked if I wanted to leave, for one, I’d be able to leave, and two I’d be with Jackson. It’s the ultimate win. At first I was afraid I wouldn't’t be able to keep up the conversation, but when I’m with Jackson it just flows so naturally. I’m so glad me and Jackson are friends now, though I’d be lying if I said I’d never thought about being something more. But I know that could never happen.

Jackson’s Pov.

It was already one in the morning, and we’d been talking all night. I didn't’t want to say anything, but Mark looked really good with the moon shining behind him. The way the light gently caressed his face….wait, how can light caress someone's face. What was I thinking, Mark just does things to my head. I love that we’re friends, but sometimes I think that maybe, just maybe, I’d like to be just a little bit more than friends. Or a lot more than friends, maybe It’s time I confess.

“Mark, there’s something I need to tell you, something that’s been on my mind for a while.” Mark gave me a concerned look before saying “What is it? Is something wrong?” I took a deep breath before I continued saying “No, it’s nothing like that, I just wanted to say, that for the longest time, I’ve just, just. Ugh. I’ve really wanted to be together with you!” I finished forcing that last part out.

Mark just gave me a blank look, I panicked, had I just ruined our friendship. It had just started, it couldn't’t end like this! It was just then that Mark broke into a wide smile, “I feel the same way”. Suddenly it felt like we were the only two people in the world, and when Mark leaned over and our lips met in a brief exchange. I felt like I was flying.

 


 

 

No One’s Pov.

“What do you mean you’re not surprised?” Jackson yelled out. “I’m just saying it was obvious you two would end up together!” “Well then pretend you’re surprised!!” “No!”

The End


It's finally finished!! I know this is crazy late, and I'm so sorry. What happened is I planned out what I was going to do, got busy, and then totally forgot what I was going to do. I got frustrated and then put this story off for far too long. I hope this wasn't too much of a disaster, and thank you all so much for reading my story!!