Challenge Accepted

Just so you know, I still hate you

 

“Just so you know, I still hate you.”

 

Mark’s Pov.

 

    I keep walking, going as fast as I could without running. I rounded a corner and slammed my back against the wall. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, and I needed a moment to calm it down. I have no idea why I even said that, I just didn’t want to appear too friendly. Or make it seem like I was giving up on our long term feud.

 

Many students gave me looks as they passed by. I didn’t pay them mind, they didn’t have to confront their enemy. I was surprised at just how hard it was to get the words out of my mouth. I felt almost guilty demanding all these things from him. I felt that as his enemy I had no right to say those things to him, to say anything to him really. That must be why my heart was beating so fast when I was talking to him.

 

I stood there for a few more minutes, waiting for my heart beat to go down. It was talking a longing then I thought it would. But in eventually went down to a reasonable beating pattern. I then continued walking to my first class, I couldn’t wait for lunch. I was excited to tell Yugyeom that I was able to do it, he’ll be so excited.

 

Jackson’s Pov.

 

    My eyes never left him until he rounded that corner. My heart was beating fast. It must be because I’ve never talked to Mark without saying rude and insulting things to him before. But just when I was thinking about how our relationship would change, when he said it “Just so you know, I still hate you.” I don’t know why, but I felt my heart sink a little. I guess it’s just because we’ve never said that we hate each other out loud, so it shocked me when he said that. But at least I don’t have to worry or over think what our relationship is, because it’s clear that he still hates me.

 

“Jackson!” My head snapped up to look at the teacher. “Jackson if you don’t start paying attention to the lesson, then I’ll have no choice but to give you detention!” The teacher yelled at me. Yeah right, she says that literally every single time someone isn’t paying attention, and yet she’s never given one before. I don’t listen to the teacher's warning, and instead think about how me and Mark will get along when we actually have to hang out.

 

~~~

 

    “I can’t believe that she actually gave me detention” I complain to one of my good friends, Jaebum, while we were sitting in the lunchroom. “Well she did tell you that if you didn’t pay attention then she would give you one.” Jaebum responded while rolling his eyes at me. I let out a groan before whining out “Yeah, but she’s never given anyone else in the class one.” It really wasn't fair, first the teacher gives us an insane amount of homework, and now she's giving me detention. Jaebum responds saying “That's because after the teacher threatens them, they start paying attention. You just continued fantasizing about your secret lover.”

 

My mouth dropped at that, I quickly responded to that yelling out “We are not lovers, Mark hates me!!” Jaebum just smirked at me saying “I never said it was Mark” I mentally slapped myself. Why did I assume it was about Mark, the way Jaebum said it implies that I’m secretly dating someone. So why in the world did I think it was about Mark.

 

But I couldn’t just let Jaebum have this one (He’s always pulling stunts like this) so I said “I have a really good reason as to why I assumed it was Mark” Jaebum responded saying “Oh really, now tell me why you assumed when I said secret lover, that it was Mark.” Jaebum had this annoying smile on his face that I wanted more than anything to just slap off. But instead I simply said “Well the reason I wasn’t paying attention in class, was because I was thinking about how me and Mark would behave when we have to hang out” I only realized that this would not help my situation after I said it.

 

Jaebum just continued to smile his annoying smile at me before he said “Oh Jackson, do you really not get it?” I was confused, so I said “Get it? Get what? Hey wait!! Don’t just leave!!” Jaebum stood up and started walking away. But before Jaebum got too far away he turned and said “Just so you know, our group and Marks group are meeting in the library tonight to study. I better see you there." Before leaving the lunchroom. I was still confused about what I was supposed to get, but whatever.

 

Mark’s Pov.

 

    “Well? Are you proud of me or what?!” I asked Yugyeom very excited. Yugyeom was giving me a huge grin and said “I can’t believe that you actually did it. You and Jackson agreed to get along.” I couldn’t help but smile even more at the younger boy before he continued, saying “This is so great, now I can hang out with my boyfriend, and, all of our friends. Thank you so much Mark, you have no idea how much this means to me.” I just continued smiling and ruffled his hair and said “No problem, what are friends for.”

 

“Yeah, just watch that fall apart the second Mark has to spend more than five minutes in the same room as Jackson.” Jinyoung said accusingly. I just glared at him and said “No it won’t, because Yugyeom happiness means more to me that some stupid feud I have between Jackson.” Jinyoung just smirked at me and said “Really now, mister I-can’t-even-talk-to-Jackson-for-a-few-minutes-without-my-heart-feeling-like-it’s-about-to-explode.”

 

I regretted telling them that detail. “Hey, calm down guys. Mark cares about his friends, so of course he’ll at least try to get along with Jackson” Youngjae said. I was grateful at least one of my friends had faith in me. Jinyoung just snorted and said “Of please, just watch him bail on us the first time we all hang out together.” I gritted my teeth together, Jinyoung was started to get on my nerves. “Mark wouldn’t even last ten minutes, forget the whole time.” Jinyoung continued. But I had enough, “Oh please, I could last ten minutes. Infact I could easily last the whole time!!” I yelled out. Jinyoung just smirked and stood up to leave, but before he left he said “Well then I’ll see you tonight. We’re hanging out with Jackson's friends at the library. See you then” He then proceeded to collect his things at leave the lunchroom. But the whole time I couldn’t stop thinking, I just got played.

 

 

Sorry for taking so long to get this up. I just haven't felt much motivation to write, but after I forced myself to start writing I felt a lot of motivation to finish this chapter. So next time I'll just try to do that sooner. Sorry for it being short too. I really didn't want to take even more time to post this. (which is also why there's probably a million mistakes in here) So I'll try to make future chapters longer ( watch that never happen) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading :) feel free to leave comments, I love your feedback. It not only helps my writing, but helps me improve my story. Anyway, have a good day, and once again, thanks for reading :)