Study Night, All Night

Just so you know, I still hate you

Jackson’s Pov.

 

    I don’t know why I felt so nervous, there really wasn’t any reason too. All I was going to do is hang out with my friends, the only difference this time is that Mark and his friends will be joining us. But here I was, standing in front of the library, heart beating out of my chest, palms sweating like crazy. I was a nervous wreck.

 

This is crazy, I thought to myself. I’ve hung out with my friends billions of times, and it’s not like Mark’s friends are strangers to my. Infact, I’ve hung out with some of them a few times before. What in the world could be making me feel so nervous. But I knew what it was, or better yet who it was. Mark. I have never even been able to stand in the same room as him for ten minutes without either, arguing with him, or physically fighting him.

 

Yet now I’m expected to hang out with him. Well, sorta hang out with him. According to his and I’s agreement, we’re just supposed to stay in the same room without fighting, we're not supposed to talk to each other. Knowing our friends thought, they're going to try and make us do something with each other, I just know it. I was considering just walking away, but I had promised that I’d be here. I took a deep breath and repeated in my head, for my friends, for my friends, as I opened the door and walked in. Only to be met with a huge surprise.  

 

No One’s Pov.

 

    The second Jackson walked into the library he was met with the sight of his friends and Mark’s friends (minus Mark) talking and laughing like they had known each other for ages. “Since when have all you guys been friends?” Jackson said interrupting their conversations. “Jackson!! You actually came!” Jaebum exclaimed loudly before continuing, “I thought for sure that you were going to bail on us.” “Yeah yeah whatever, but you didn’t answer my question.” Jaebum rolled his eyes before saying “If you hadn’t been so caught up with Mark maybe you would know.”

 

Jackson gaped at that, and stuttered out “W-What do yo-you mean, I have n-ot been caught up in anybody, e-especially not M-Mark.” Jinyoung snorted at that, before saying “Are you sure, because we been meeting here every Monday and Thursday for a month now, and you’re just finding out now.” Jackson’s jaw dropped, he couldn’t believe that this had been going on for a whole month, had he really been so caught up in Mark that he never noticed. There's no way, right?

 

Jackson had never been so thankful for BamBam until he spoke up saying “Hey, it’s not Jackson’s fault he didn’t know about this, I mean none of us even told him. So how on earth was he supposed to just know.” The look Jinyoung gave him clearly said how dare you take his side. Jinyoung then said “We didn’t tell him because you didn’t want him and Mark fighting. Therefore making him too caught up with Mark to know that we’ve been doing this”

 

BamBam gave Jinyoung a sheepish look before saying “Oh right, I kinda forgot about that.” “How? It was you who didn’t want to tell him,” Jinyoung replied. Bambam just shrugged his shoulders before turning his attention back to the math book he and Yugyeom had been studying with. Jackson couldn’t help but stare at the sight before him, he’d never thought he’d live to see the day that his friends and Mark’s friends actually got together in one building and hung out.

 

Jackson couldn’t stop the smile from forming on his face when he noticed just how natural everyone looked sitting together, they looked like they were meant to all be together. That's when Jackson noticed the absence of a certain blonde who could never quite leave his thoughts. “Hey, where's Mark?” Jackson asked. “He’s not here yet,” Youngjae answered him before continuing “But that doesn’t mean that you can’t join us and study.”

 

“Oh yeah!” Jackson said before he walked over to the table and took a spot next to Jaebum and pulled out the book he had to read in English. He still wasn’t over the fact that the teacher had not only given the class a huge assignment, but she also gave him detention. Jackson decided that he would not only do the assignment, but ace it. That would show her, he thought with a new determination as he proceeded to throw himself into the book.


 

Mark’s Pov.

 

    What to wear, what to wear, what to wear, I repeated in my head as I searched through my closet to find something that would be suitable to wear tonight. I had never really talked to Jackson’s friends before, and I wanted to make a good impression. Especially because all that they knew about me came from Jackson, and I’m sure what he told them was extremely biased against me. My goal is to replace all that negative information about me with new, positive stuff.

 

The first step to that is what I wear. I don’t want to wear anything too flashy, I don’t want to appear like I’m trying too hard. But I also don’t want to wear sweats, and appear like I don’t care at all. I know that this is just a late night study session with everyone, and I know most of them will be wearing sweats, but I just really want to make a good impression on them.

 

I take a short break from searching my closet and sigh. Why am I even trying so hard. I mean, they’re just Jackson’s friends. I sigh again when I remember that I’m doing this for Yugyeom, that’s why I’m trying so hard. Because as long as Yugyeom’s dating BamBam, I’m going to have to hang out with all of them. I don’t know how long that’ll be (If not forever) so I don’t want them to have a negative impression of me. I tried to convince myself as I resumed searching through my closet.

 

In the end I chose a pair of ripped jeans and a slightly oversized hoodie to wear. I now stood in the bathroom trying to style my hair. I don’t know how long I stood there, but when I looked at the clock it was 11:00 p.m. I was a whole hour late. I ran out of the bathroom grabbed my bag and sprinted to the library.

 

I got there at around 11:15, I felt nervous about going inside. I knew that they planned on staying until at least 2:00 a.m. (which is crazy because we have school tomorrow) so I still had plenty time to study with them. But I felt slightly embarrassed about being late, especially because the reason I was late was because I couldn’t decide what to wear. (I just hoped my perfectly styled hair wouldn’t give me away)

 

I took a deep breath, It was now or never. So I opened the door and walked into the library. I keep walking until I found everyone in the back of the library, i was surprised to s how well everyone was getting along. “Wow, it looks like you guys really connected,” I said, still not believing how close they had become in such short time. “Mark hyung, you’re finally here!” Youngjae yelled before running up and hugging me.

 

He then proceeded to drag me into the chair next to his and said “We’ve been waiting for you, why do you take so long to get dressed.” My face flushed at his comment, there goes my hope of them not finding out. I tried to change the subject by saying “So what, just answer my question. How did you guys get so close in so little time?”

 

Jinyoung just respond saying “We’ve been doing this every Monday and Thursday for a month now.” My eyes widened in surprise before Yugyeom spoke up. “Sorry we never told you hyung, we decided that because BamBam and I are dating that we should all get along. We didn’t tell you or Jackson because, well you know.” I did know, and I felt guilty about it. Because of how me and Jackson treated each other the others felt like they had to keep these study sessions a secret from us.

 

“I’m sorry Yugyeom, BamBam.” I felt like I needed to say. Yugyeom and BamBam both just smiled at me before they said simultaneously “You’re forgiven!” I felt a weight lift off my chest and I gave them a big smile. Now that I got that out of the way I felt better about starting my studying. I pulled out the book from English (That I still had yet to start) and started reading.

 

 

~2:00a.m.

 

    It was 2:00 a.m. I was surprised at how fast time went by. At some point in the night we had moved from the hard chairs in the adult section to the soft beanbags in the children’s section and grabbed us a million blankets. But now it was was two in the morning and BamBam and Yugyeom were cuddling under a whole pile of blankets while they were doing their math homework. Jinyoung looked like he was about to pass out, and Jaebum had fallen asleep. Jackson was intensely reading his book, and Youngjae was cuddling up against me while doing his Science homework.

 

I felt sad that I had missed out on all this for a whole month, I never thought that I would have so much fun studying, but that's what happened. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m actually looking forward to our study session on Thursday. I also found out that Jaebum and BamBam didn’t think any bad things about me, which made me feel very relieved. I was also relieved that the whole time I didn’t have to say a word to Jackson, but it wasn’t that hard. He was so into his book that he hardly said anything to anyone.

 

But sadly, like all good things, our study session had to come to an end. We woke Jaebum up and all walked out of the library, but before we all went our separate ways, we decided that we would meet up in the courtyard tomorrow at lunch. I smiled to myself as I made my way home, I couldn’t wait for tomorrow.

 


Another chapter done. I'm actually quite happy with the length of this chapter. Yes it could be longer, but I'm pretty sure this is my longest chapter so far. I don't want my chapters to be too long, but I would like for them to be a little longer then this in the future (I don't have much faith in myself that that'll happen, so don't expect too much) Also I've found that I really don't have much free time to write during the week days, and the free time I do get, I don't feel like writing. So expect for me to only update once a week during the weekend. Anyway thank you so much for reading my (terrible) story. I hope you enjoyed reading and sorry for all the mistakes in here. Hope you have a good day :) and once again, thank you for reading :)