Cravings

When Idols Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhee's eyes fluttered open as she stared up blankly at the ceiling, remembering back the dream she just had. In the dream she was eating a chocolate ice cream that Lee Minho had given to her. Remembering back how the actor had sweetly handed the ice cream to her made her smile dreamingly but when the seemingly delicious ice cream came into her mind, she felt her stomach start growling in hunger. The ice-cream kept coming into her mind, making her have an insane craving for it. She felt the urge to eat it right now. But the problem was, there was no ice cream in the house. ‘Should I ask Donghae to buy it?’ she thought as she turned towards Donghae, who was sleeping soundly while clinging onto her like a koala. She pondered for a moment, kept asking the same question to herself for a few times and the more she waited, the crazier her craving for ice cream got. After a while contemplating, she eventually decided to wake him up.

"Oppa," Minhee lightly shook her husband's arm which was wrapped around her waist, trying to wake him up from his deep slumber.

No response.

"Oppa," she called again while poking his arm.

He stirred in his sleep and his brows creased. 

"Oppa."

"Hmm..." he hummed with his slightly cracked voice without opening his eyes.

"Oppa."

"What?" he mumbled sleepily, opening his eyes slightly.

"I'm hungry. Can you buy me an ice cream? Chocolate ice cream," she showed him her puppy eyes though he couldn’t see it because of darkness that filled the bedroom.

“Ice cream? At this hour?” he mumbled in disbelief, looking at her with his half-opened eyes.

“Yes. Buy it for me, please. I really want to eat it badly,” she replied, still with her puppy eyes.

Donghae fell silent, bewildered that she requested him to buy ice cream in the middle of night. She never did that before. In the middle of his bewilderment, his eyes slowly closed back without him realizing it, drifting off to sleep.

“Oppa…” she shook his arm once she got no response, waking him up once again.

 “Can’t I just buy it tomorrow? It’s already late,” Donghae mumbled sleepily.

 “But I want it now,” she insisted.

No response from him afterwards because sleepiness had taken over him.

“Oppa~!” she shook his body vigorously. “Buy me an ice-cream~” she whined.

 “I’ll buy it tomorrow. Now sleep,” he pulled her closer towards him and draped his leg on hers, his eyes kept closed.

“I don’t want it tomorrow. I want it n―hmpfft” she couldn’t continue her words when he suddenly crashed his lips onto hers and kissed her sloppily. Her eyes widened and she was too shocked to even respond to the kiss.

After a few seconds, Donghae broke the kiss and tightened his hold on her. “Sleep,” he said.

“I don’t want to,” she retorted. "Oppa, please. Our baby is hungry. For our baby, please?" she pleaded with him with her puppy eyes again, without giving up.

At the mention of ‘our baby’, Donghae opened his eyes as realization finally hit him. He just remembered that her wife was currently pregnant right now. Thinking that her odd behavior requesting him to buy such a thing late at night was related to her pregnancy, a small smile crept in the corner of his lips. He’d read some articles about pregnancy earlier and he remembered reading something like food cravings during pregnancy. So he guessed this was it. Sighing in content, he pecked her softly on the lips before getting up. "You're so damn lucky I love you," he mumbled as he got off the bed.

She broke into a grin. "Thanks, oppa!" she chirped.

Donghae smiled as he the light. He grabbed a jacket, a cap and glasses and wore them, getting ready to go to the 24 hours store nearby the building to buy the ice cream like what his wife wanted.

"Bye!" she said when he was heading to the door. 

"Bye," he replied, looking at her briefly with a smile. Before he stepped out of the room, she managed to shriek "I love you!"

"Love you too~" he answered back before the door closed.

About 15 minutes or so, Donghae came back with a plastic bag containing a packet of ice cream that Minhee craved for and Minhee happily took it from his grip.

"Thanks, oppa!" she said cheerily.

"Welcome," he replied with a small smile on his face as he climbed onto the bed after putting his jacket, glasses and cap off. He sat up beside his wife on the bed and smiled watching her eating the ice cream he just bought like a happy kid. He her hair lovingly and tenderly rubbed his hand against her still flat stomach which had their awaiting angel inside it, feeling blessed as ever.

"You want some?" she offered the ice cream to him.

Donghae shook his head lightly, still had a smile on his lips.

“Good then,” she casually said and continued devouring the ice cream deliciously. Donghae chuckled and kissed her cheek.

“I love you so much, you know,” he said, staring at her full of love.

“Of course I know,” she playfully replied, smiling. “You should sleep. I’m sorry for waking you up late at night. I just can’t help it,” she said guiltily.

“It’s okay. Next time, if you’re craving for something, just wake me up, okay? I’ll buy anything for you,” he said sweetly and Minhee nodded her head furiously, grinning widely at her husband.

Donghae ruffled her hair. “Do you mind if I sleep?” he asked.

“Of course not.”

With that, he laid down on the bed and pulled the covers up to his chest while Minhee continued eating the ice cream with her back leaning against the headboard.

Suddenly, a naughty idea popped out in her mind. She looked at Donghae, who had his eyes closed already, then smirked. There was no way he would fall asleep in less than a minute, right? With that, she quietly held the ice cream in front of his lips and lightly brushed the food against it. As expected, Donghae's eyes flew open a second after that due to the sudden coldness on his lips. He looked up at Minhee who was giggling at his lips which now had a little chocolate stain on it.

"Yah, what do you think you're doing?" he complained with a little smile on his lips. Before he could his lips to clean up the chocolate stains from his mouth, Minhee was faster as she leaned down and landed her lips on his, cleaning up the chocolate stains with her lips. Donghae blinked in shock at her action and his face expression didn't change even until Minhee pulled away and smiled shyly at him. It took him for a while to recover from the shock she had given him before a shy smile finally formed on his face, his cheeks turning pink.

"One more time," he requested cheekily, grinning.

Minhee merely stuck out her tongue at him then giggled.

Donghae pouted but then a smile took over his lips. She was so cute, too cute, that he was scared if her cuteness would overshadow their baby's later.

The next morning....

Sunlight crept through the curtains, slowly stirring Minhee out of her sleep. She squinted as sunlight shone onto her face and noticed that there were no familiar arms that usually wrapped around her waist every time she woke up in the morning. She looked at the other side of the bed where her husband always lied on and found that it was empty. That was when a delicious smell crept inside her nostrils, giving her an idea that Donghae was probably in the kitchen preparing for their breakfast. With that, she got off the bed and a smile plastered on her face as she made her way to the kitchen. 

Once she arrived at the kitchen, she tip-toed and silently approached Donghae who was cooking something in the pan. She giggled quietly when he didn’t notice her even when she was almost right behind him.

“Gah!” she exclaimed as she hugged him from behind, making Donghae jump in shock. Donghae’s shocked expression vanished and instantly was replaced with a smile right after he turned around and his eyes landed on his beautiful wife.

“You’ve woken up,” Donghae stated with a huge grin on his face then pecked her o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter