Culprit Caught(?)

TOUCH

Jung Namhee went to her class at late night, after she made sure that there's no one left in the school.

She was about to open her locker when a light was shone at her.

"I've figured out all of your tricks, Jung Namhee!" the voice's statement made her to froze in shock and fear.

She turned around and saw a boy around her age along with four others: Detective Choi, Officer Shin, Sunggyu and Dongwoo.

"W-who a-are y-you?"

"I'm Nam Woohyun and-"

"Wait, Woohyun-ah! Are you sure she's the one? She looked...harmless like a hamster," Detective Choi glanced warily at the said culprit.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes while Dongwoo laughed out loud because of the old man's statement.

The young detective face palmed himself before regaining his composure and walked towards Namhee.

"Jung Namhee... would you like to explain everything or should I be the one explaining?"

Namhee looked down while clenching her fists. Frustration came over her as she now had been caught.

"Well then. Silence means you won't go with the first option. Fine by me." He went behind Namhee and opened her locker thus taking the drugged picture with his handkerchief.

Dongwoo helped to turn on the lights of the class.

"Can anyone of you tell me what is this?" He showed the picture to all of them to see.

"A picture of the girl being run over by a car. What's up with it?" Officer Shin answered sarcastically at Woohyun.

"Maja(Correct)! But what you didn't look carefully is the driver of the car... It's our deceased, Park Hana-ssi."

Both of the cops widen their eyes in shock. Dongwoo giggled at the sight. Then, Woohyun continued on with his reasoning.

"Our Namhee-ssi here involved in a hit-and-run car accident which causes her leg to be broken. This ultimately made her being disqualified from going to her athlete event. Am I right?"

Namhee gave a reluctant nod. Upon hearing the info given by the detective boy, Officer Shin looked through the files in her tablet that contains all of the crime records as well as civilians' personal background.

"Let's see... Jung Namhee is the daughter of the CEO of all South Korea's hotels and management. Have a talent in athlete along with excellent grade... Omo! You're literally an honorary student!"

Dongwoo frowned after hearing Namhee's background. "Then, why are you doing this? Killing your own cousin?"

"Isn't it obvious? The accident that broke her leg was caused by that dead and she lost one of her chance to shine in sports. Being a perfectionist is really a pain," Sunggyu scoffed at his own conclusion, ignoring the stabbing glares from others when he insulted the victim.

"Ehem... That's right. And before I explain the tricks further, I need some confirmation from our killer here."

Woohyun faced Namhee and forced her to see his eyes. "Why didn't you get rid of the picture right away? Is it because you want to threaten your uncle?"

Everyone that were present in the class were shocked with Woohyun's question, even the person who were being asked.

Namhee couldn't take it anymore and she finally broke down into tears.

"It's... it's so hard being someone who can meet with their parents' expectations. I've tried my best in everything! Sports, studies and even manners! I'm having it great until that rotten hit me and escaped the scene like nothing happened!"

"So, you knew from the start it was Park Hana?" Detective Choi asked.

She nodded before continuing her point of view.

"Hana had always hate me when we're still in elementary school but she'll pretend to be nice with whenever I'm around since my dad gave his dad the president position in his company due to our mothers being sisters. I faked my loss of memory on who hit me which made Hana relieved. But no way in hell I'm going to let her get away! And I also want my family and hers to know her real side; the worst goody two shoes!"

"Which causes you to come up with this plan?" Officer Choi decided to confirm their suspicion on the girl's ability to kill.

After a few seconds, Namhee let out a shaky 'neh' with a hesitant look. Woohyun noticed her strange reaction like there's something else that she hide.

Nevertheless, he started explaining how Namhee did the trick.

"Well, first of all, the seating arrangements. Since you suggested that yesterday should be the day to move seats, you planned it earlier to have the seat next to the window. When all of you picked the paper which decides the seat, you already had another paper in your hand that indicated the seat that you wanted," he explained from the start.

"How's that possible? Won't it overlapped with another student? Why would she do that?" Detective Choi interjected (a/n: can't this old man shut up for a bit? =_=) with LOTS of questions.

Woohyun sighed before continuing his reasoning,"The papers inside the box was short of one paper which was on her hand, just like a magician do when they did magic tricks which definitely won't overlap with others. The main reason she went all the trouble to get the seat that she wants was that she already set up her trick earlier. Being next to the window seat helped her to retrieve her mechanism without getting caught. You can see what I meant if you go to her seat over there," he pointed at Namhee's seat.

All of them moved to the pointed seat and got shocked with what they saw: a pair of attracted magnets pasted on a colorless clay where the other pair had a fishing string tied on it. They traced the string and noticed that it lead to the rooftop.

Soon, a number of footsteps can be heard echoing through the stairs that headed to the rooftop. When they arrived, Detective Choi and Officer Shin looked at the picture that was placed at the railings: it was Woohyun's selca picture.

"Woohyun-ah! What's your picture doing her-OUCH!" A needle on the picture pricked the old man's finger.

Woohyun smirked as he continued on,"As you experienced just now, old man, our victim went through the same as you did. Namhee must've informed Hana about the existence of the evidence that showed the mastermind of the hit-and-run accident through an unknown number by messaging  and it made her panic which lead her to this rooftop."

This time, it was Sunggyu who smirked as he finally understand all of yesterday's incident.

"That explains the weird expression and her complicated feelings," he pointed at Namhee who was dumbfounded that her plan was easily revealed.

Woohyun nodded and finalized his findings,"Thanks to Sunggyu-hyung's hints, I'm able to construct a possible alibi trick which is this," he gestured the said mechanism,"and now, you should be able to reflect yourself on your actions, Namhee-ya."

Officer Shin approached Namhee while taking out the handcuff.

"You know, by revealing that picture is enough to let everyone know about Hana's true face. Taking her life when you feel that she was just a trash makes you worse than the trash itself. Even with that nice attitude of yours. Once a victim commits a murder, he or she is no longer the victim (a/n: sounds familiar right? ;P I got it from I Hear You drama ><)."

As soon as the handcuff clicked on Namhee's wrists, she suddenly collapsed.

All of them except Sunggyu got panicked and they quickly rushed her to the nearest hospital.

Unbeknownst by them, there's two shadowy figure who were inspecting them from a far.

One of them used a mini telescope and expected that his last resort had finally kicked in.

"You know, she's the first client to be mind-wiped," his partner voiced out.

"I know. It's the same type of hypnosis that I did to all of our clients. Our plan was supposed to be flawless if not for that detective brat and the psychometry kid. Well, at least she won't remember anything about us," he smirked evilly just at the thought of it.

His partner sighed as he was about to leave.

"Although your code name is Onew, you're totally cunning," then, he vanished into the dark.

The man named Onew contemplated his partner's words for awhile. He then stood up from his sitting position and glanced back at the five figures at the rooftop as he too slowly vanished by the darkness.

"I have my own goal, Jjong-ah. Not like yours," he mumbled by himself before being engulfed completely by the shadow.

=======================================================================================

A/N:

Hi, there! Long time no 'see' ^^

Sorry for the long wait, my dear subscribers and finally I get to update this story!! *throwing confettis*

I've already updated this in Wattpad and since it's hard to gain a few comments there and my computer is in good shape, I get to update them here ><

Anyway, how's the chapter? Does it looked too rush?

I'm having my midterm right now and I want to cut off some steam by updating my story here.

Feel free to ask me okay? 0<

See you around! :D