Sunggyu's Little Secret

TOUCH

The students inside the class gathered at the window in order to find the source of the scream. Sunggyu too was curious about the scream as well as he approached the window.

What he saw were two girls on the ground: one was sitting on the ground with her hands covering while the other was lying with a weird pose and...

Wait, is that... blood?’

Bloody mess. His parents’ dead body. The strange man. Ticking of a stopwatch.

These images suddenly flashed through his mind which made his hands trembled. He balled his hands into a fist in anger.

‘I will definitely find the ones behind all this...’ he gritted his teeth.

Dongwoo realised that Sunggyu stood beside him next to the window while holding his fists.

That’s when he remembered about Sunggyu’s tragedy thus, he quickly rummaged through his bag and took out two pairs of full-covered gloves. He wore a pair on himself and approached his hyung.

There are two conditions that can cause Sunggyu’s ability to go haywire: one, when he’s in extreme fear while the other is when he’s totally angry, furious to be exact, while recalling back the incident. Since Sunggyu became a man of revenge, the latter condition always happened to him.

“Hyung! I can see smoke coming out from your head right now. Please calm down,” he made an attempt to cool him down by throwing out a joke.

Sunggyu snapped out from his memory thanks to Dongwoo. He put his hands into his pocket while pretending to be pissed off.

“Chet! Whatever, dino...” the younger chuckled when hearing his nickname was used and handed him the other pair of the gloves.

“Here you go hyung.”

Sunggyu took the gloves with gratitude and wore them. He knew Dongwoo will always take a few cautious measures of his uncontrolled gift.

“T-thanks, Dongwoo-ah.”

The dino let out a wide grin and gave him a thumbs-up. He had a feeling that his hyung had finally calmed down.

“So, hyung... are you still mad at me?” Dongwoo let out a question carefully.

Sunggyu looked at the younger intently. He let out a sigh before answering his question.

“Nope. I’m not actually mad at you Dongwoo-ah... Actually, there’s something bothering me just now...” he adverted his eyes from him. He knew that Dongwoo would definitely know that something is wrong with him through eye contact, given all the time they’ve spent together.

The latter just frowned with confusion but considering his hyung’s act of avoiding his eyes, he knew better than to press it any further.

“Okay, hyung! I won’t ask what it was but...” he put his gloved hand on Sunggyu’s shoulder, “just know that you’ll always have me as your friend... as well as Myungsoo and Sungyeol, of course!” he gave his signature smile to the elder.

Sunggyu was guilty for hiding things from Dongwoo but he need to settle his own problems first: his vengeance and his unknown feelings towards the cheesy transfer student. So, he just hummed to the dino’s statement.

Satisfied with the response from the man that’s in front of him, he was about to continue looking the scene from the window when he realised that his new dongsaeng was gone!

“Hyung! Have you seen Woohyunnie? He’s here a few minutes ago!”

Sunggyu cocked his eyebrows when he heard the sudden new nickname.

“Woohyunnie?” he blurted out his thoughts aloud for the latter to hear.

Dongwoo ignored the question that was meant for him as he frantically searched for Woohyun among the crowds inside the classroom. Then, he looked at the bloody scene and caught sight of the younger, crouching near the body.

“Oh my God! What the heck is he doing there?” then, he bolted out from the classroom.

“YAH! JANG DONGWOO! Where do you think you’re going?” Sunggyu groaned as he realized that it’s useless to get answers from a panicked Dongwoo. Instead, he just followed him to anywhere he’s about to head to.

 

On the other hand, when Woohyun saw the bloodied body, he quickly left the class and headed down towards the scene. He was quite surprised that this kind of incident happened on his first day of transfer.

As soon as he reached the ground floor, he looked at the scene before him:

A body was lying with her skull was seemingly broke, revealing some parts of the brain with a pool of blood underneath it.

The identity of the body was a girl who looks the same age as him.

‘No suicide note so, suicide has just been ruled out. It can be an accident but..,’ he saw the fence of the rooftop was still in good condition.

‘Nothing triggers the accident. This means one thing... a planned murder with an alibi trick...’

As he was still inspecting the body, he was suddenly being grabbed away by someone. Then, he was met with a worried Dongwoo and an annoyed Sunggyu.

“What do you think you’re doing? You just went inside the crime scene, Woohyunnie! What if someone suspects that you’re the one who did this?” he shook the boy, hoping to bring him some senses.

The young detective tilted his head slightly when he heard his new hyung’s statement.

“Why do you think that it’s not a suicide or accident?”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes when he heard a stupid question (stupid for him cuz he had a sharp eye even with that small eyes of his) came out from the younger’s mouth.

“Look. There’s no suicide note near her as well as there’s nothing that can cause her to fall accidently. Plus, there’s a fence to avoid falling accidently,” he pointed at the rooftop.

Dongwoo nodded vigorously before he went to the female student that became a sobbing mess in order to calm her down.

Woohyun looked at both of his older classmates with awe.

‘No wonder they’re the best two tops in school... I’m sooo going to have them as my friend!’ unconsciously, he gave a prideful grin in front of Sunggyu.

The latter was taken aback by the sudden grin from the boy in front of him.

‘Oh my, so cute! Wait! Why am I thinking like this? I might be having a wire cut off somewhere in my head. Get a hold of yourself, KIM SUNGGYU!’ he mentally slapped himself while shaking his head.

A few minutes later, two police cars came to the scene as well as an ambulance. People who came out from the ambulance took care of the body to be brought to the hospital for further investigations.

Woohyun just looked at the body that was brought into the van when a familiar voice called out to him.

“Oi! What are you three doing- EH?! Woohyun-ah?” the police detective named Detective Choi was surprised at the said boy’s appearance. From what he remembered correctly, last time they met was a few days ago in Daegu.

“Hi there, old man! Didn’t we just meet at Daegu before I transferred here?” he smirked at the reaction that the detective gave when he saw him.

The said man let out an exasperate sigh before starting to interrogate them.

“You’re always around the crime scenes, Woohyun-ah. I should’ve known that. By the way, your favourite noona can’t come today as she got other things to attend to,” he noticed the young detective was straining his neck in an attempt to find his assistant, Officer Shin, an early twenty woman with a great face.

He can’t help to hold back his giggles as soon as he saw the disappointed face that Woohyun gave when he heard the news.

He took out his detective notes and started questioning the others.

“Ehem... The victim is a third year named Park HaNa. Her cause of death is skull fracture which leads to immediate death due to the impact of falling from high places. So, what brings all of you near the crime scene?”

Sunggyu glared at the presence of the police with pure hatred. Woohyun noticed the angry vibes that came out of Sunggyu as soon as the police forces arrived. Like his hamster hyung did extremely not like the idea of them in front of him.

“Sunggyu-hyung and I were just from the classroom and we came here because we saw Woohyunnie at the scene. So, we’re just worried that something bad might happen to my Woohyunnie...” Dongwoo explained to Detective Choi since he knew that his hyung won’t answer the question. He took off his gloves since he didn’t want to be looked as a weirdo.

Once again, Sunggyu cringed at the nickname given to the cheesy boy. He just rolled his eyes and looked away from the scene while stuffing his hands into his pockets but his expression was hardened as he recognized the victim’s face.

“Okay... then, how about you, miss?” Detective Choi directed his question to the girl who Dongwoo tried to calm down.

“I-I j-just d-d-doing m-my d-d-daily r-routine o-of w-watering t-the p-plants a-as o-our c-club a-activity,” the girl named Sooyoung stuttered due to her still in shock of founding the bloodied body.

The old detective just nodded his head while scribbling something on his note before facing Woohyun.

“Well, since there’s not enough evidence for murder and the full autopsy have not yet done, I need to let this go. But, if anything surfaces during the autopsy that can lead anyone of you – including those who are not near this scene, I’ll gather all of you later. Now, if you excuse me,” he dismissed the crowds before heading back the station.

All the students were murmuring of the incident and it’s a good thing for Sunggyu that he didn’t have super hearing or telepathy.

Dongwoo nudged Sunggyu as a signal for them to go home. The headmaster informed through the speaker that all students should go back home prior to the incident.

Sooyoung was dragged away by her best friend who saved them from sending her home.

The three of them went back to their class to pick up their things. They were the last person in the class, so they had to make sure the electricity was off before leaving.

“Woohyunnie! Want to walk home with us?” Dongwoo offered his new dongsaeng to walk together.

The younger nodded his head enthusiastically.

Suddenly, his excitement faded away as he saw that his hamster hyung seemed to be in deep thought. He tapped Dongwoo’s shoulder and pointed at Sunggyu.

Dongwoo was also puzzled with the man who Woohyun was pointing at. He started his steps towards Sunggyu.

“Hyung... what's wrong?” he lightly tapped his shoulder.

The grumpy boy was snapped into the real world. As he saw worried faces were plastered on both of the boys who stood in front of them, he let out an deep sigh.

“Well... Actually, I’m the last person to see her alive.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyeong! ^_^ Happy New Year everyone!

This time around I have lesser time than usual to update (well, I’m online 24 hours in AFF but mostly trying to find some fanfics that can help to trigger my language skill – I’M NOT PLAGIARIZING BTW! =_=) because the time between my midterm and finals were just about two month away and all of our presentation assignments will only be able to finished next week! T_T

So... to make it up...I make a longer chapter than usual... yay!! *jumping around><*

Since I’m online 24/7 (well, sort of), you can ask me anything regarding the story or anything that you’re curious about me and my style of writing ^_^

Sorry for the cliffhanger though... to make it up, I’ll be giving you some hints on how Woohyun will solve this case: magnets, fishing line, Sunggyu.

I’ve been thinking for weeks to think of a murder trick in order not to be branded as someone who plagiarizes detective stories... In addition, I’ve been watching a few Japanese detective series that I LOVE SOO MUCH (especially with Ryosuke Yamada in it ><)!!

That’s all from me!! Oh, and to all the religions that will be celebrating their special day, have fun and be grateful while celebrating it... ^_^

Thanks for reading this rant!! MUAHH!! *flying kisses*

Oh, and if you're a (nice) fan of BTS, I've made a oneshot fanfic of V and Jimin here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1199297/mage-hunt-bts-ver-supernatural-vjimin

And, also... please subscribe my new story: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1206683/idol-spiritualist-idol-onmyouji-action-supernatural-slightfluff so that I can start on them... but I won't force you to do it...

I'm sorry for advertising too much ^^'

That's all!! <3