The Transfer Student (Edited)

TOUCH

3 years later... 

The running water fell from his head and across his body. The sound of the water made Sunggyu felt in ease for a bit. After his parent's death and his twin's disappearence, he got the same nightmare of that night's memory almost every day. His personality changed into an extent of 180 degree - from a mischevious and happy boy to a depressed and grumpy person. It got worse when he started his high school life. He never engaged any contact with his new schoolmate and never once tried befriending them. His childhood friend, Jang Dongwoo who entered a private school for arts had to transfer to his school after an incident where Sunggyu provoked some bullies to fight him. Dongwoo was totally shocked as he found out about Sunggyu's change of behaviour.

Since then, he went to his house everyday and stay there until Sunggyu slept. It didn't bothered him much because they were only two houses away. Even Dongwoo's parents encouraged him to do that. 

The reason why he became like that was because his parent's killer cannot be identified by the police as the killing weapon was missing. He was totally frustrated about it. Since now they were in their last year of high school, he was determined to find his twin and the killer in any way possible. The trauma of seeing his parent's corpse were still haunting him till the present.

As Sunggyu had finished dressed up in his school uniform, he went downstairs to find that Dongwoo was preparing them breakfast while two figures were sitting on the dining table. They were Kim Myungsoo, his younger cousin and his best friend, Lee Sungyeol. Those two rarely visit him except when that happened.

"Ah, hyung! Good thing you've woken up! C'mon... Let's eat," Dongwoo arranged the table nicely.

Sunggyu went to take his place at the dining table which face those two. Judging from how Myungsoo fiddled at his school uniform and Sungyeol who crossed his arms, he felt something bad but not too serious happened between those two.

"What happened to you two?" he asked in a monotone.

"Hyung! Can you help me 'see' what happened yesterday? I want to prove my innocence to Sungyeol that I didn't steal his present for his dongsaeng," Myungsoo begged.

Sunggyu scrutched his brows. He was a bit shocked that their fight this time became this big although it was just for something like that. "Fine."

He moved to Myungsoo's back and placed his hands on his head. There's one secret that the four of them knew : Sunggyu had an ability called psychometry. His ability helped him to track down the past of someone or something he touches.

[Myungsoo left the class as soon as the bell rings. He went to the cafeteria and eat there until the bell rang which indicated that the recess ends. When he stepped back into the class, he saw Sungyeol was frantically searching something in his bag. When Sungyeol saw Myungsoo, he accused him of taking something from the bag as they sit next to each other. Then, they fought.]

He slowly let go of his hands and sighed. How can they be fighting like some child? Then, he returned to his seat.

"So, hyung? Did Myungsoo or stole my things?" Sungyeol finally opened up his mouth. L is Myungsoo's other personality. Myungsoo suffered a double personality disorder since the start of his middle school life. Originally, Myungsoo is a naive and innocent boy while L is the chic, a bit evil and rebellious type.

To answer Sungyeol's question, Sunggyu just shocked his head which meant no. Myungsoo stood up and did a little celebration for himself. Sungyeol groaned. "Then, who stole it?" he asked again. Sunggyu stared at him with a poker face while munching the breakfast made by Dongwoo. After a few seconds, he just shrugged. Sungyeol became more frustrated with Sunggyu's answer.

As soon as all four of them finished their breakfast, Myungsoo told his driver to send Sunggyu and Dongwoo to their school (Sunggyu was against it of course but Myungsoo insisted as it was one of his job to make sure that Sunggyu stay safe as he will be the next in line to take over his late father's company).

He put on his headphone and turned up the volume to block any sound from his surroundings, including his best friend's voice. When they arrived at their class, he noticed that all of his classmates were bickering about something. And judging by how hyper the girls were, he knew that it must've been something about a boy. He just sat at his place quietly and stared outside the window. A few minutes later, someone picked up his headphone. He turned around to see Dongwoo, who's the one who took his headphone was smiling widely.

"YA! Jang Dongwoo! Are you crazy? You know better than anyone to never disturb me!" he glared at Dongwoo with his angry eyes. Dongwoo got scared for a second thus, he quickly gave it back.

"Sorry, hyung... I did it to grab your attention... Gyuzizi~?," he ended with a bit of aegyo. Sunggyu sighed while rubbing his own head. Dongwoo is the type of person who will never give up in order to make him become the person before his parent's murder. Even by hearing him called out his nickname, Sunggyu didn't felt happy as he used to be. It seemed that the fateful night made his heart went cold.

Giving in to Dongwoo's antique, he calmed down and ready to listen to his words. "What is it that you want my attention for?"

Just by hearing that question, Dongwoo's eyes lit with happiness. 'Finally, he want to listen to me...' he beamed.

"Well, it's just that, you know, there will be a new student tranferring to our school? Plus, he will be in our class!" he got overexcited with the thought of having a new guy in school. Which means, a new chance for his beloved hyung to have a new friend! Ever since Sunggyu provoked the bully to kill him, other kids in their school were scared to go near him. As his childhood friend, Dongwoo tried his best to make everyone to accept his Gyujiji as he is but it failed big time. Plus, Sunggyu was the eldest in the school as he registered a year later after the incident.

Realizing what it meant for Dongwoo, Sunggyu let out a sigh which made Dongwoo a bit flustered. "W-w-why are you sighing, hyung? You don't like it?"

Sunggyu looked at him straight into his eyes. He let out a kind of gaze that made Dongwoo felt down. 'Hah... I guess he really don't like the idea..'

"Okay, hyung... I got it... I won't force you to befriend this transfer kid but can't you just try?" Dongwoo was practically begging him. Sunggyu eventually got annoyed with his best friend's persistence, so he went back on staring outside the window, ignoring Dongwoo's pleas.

The school bell rang which indicates the start of the first class. Before the class started, their homeroom teacher came in with a boy tagging along behind him. Sunggyu looked at the transfer boy : a smile that can melt a girl's heart, small-eyed ( but a bit bigger than his) and a black hair with a nice haircut. You could say that he'll be a girl-killer with that look. Of course, for Sunggyu that didn't matter. As long as he didn't poked his nose in his life, he will be okay with him in the class.

"Cha, this boy will be your new classmate. Please introduce yourself, boy." Mr. Hong, their homeroom teacher gestured the boy.

He bowed and went on to introduce himself." Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Nam Woohyun and I transferred from Daegu. Don't be confused! I originally borned here in Seoul but I transferred to Daegu when I was 7. And I like girls who are cute. Jal butakdeurimnida," he finished off his introduction with some aegyo.

"Heol... totally my type..."

"How unmanly, posing some aegyo..."

"Isn't he that Nam Woohyun?! Omo..."

After Mr. Hong calmed the students down, he showed Woohyun an empty seat next to Dongwoo, where as Sunggyu also sat at the other side of Dongwoo's. "Woohyun, huh? Well, I'm Jang Dongwoo but just call me Dongwoo. Nice to meet you..." Dongwoo smiled at Woohyun. 

"Me too. Uh... how about the person beside you?"

"Oh.. he's-OUCH!!"

Sunggyu pinched his arm in order to stop him from giving away his name. He didn't want the guy named Woohyun to know his name.

Looking from the other man's action, Woohyun thought maybe he didn't like his name to be given away. Unknowingly, he felt that he began to feel attracted to the other as he sensed some pain and loneliness behind that threatening eyes. Woohyun can read other people's hidden feelings through their eyes by experience. He wanted to know him so much and what pain had he gone through to be like that. 

'I'm going to find out more about you and your story, mister...'

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay... done with the first chapter... sorry for the lame storyline... It has been a while since I last write my own story... I'm also sorry for the late update... Looks like my writing has become rusty... btw, comment on what type of mistakes I've made in this chapter... you can also throw in any theories that you think will happen in this story... I'll be updating the next chapter anytime, so look forward to it ^_^...

*Notes :

[This type of text shows what Sunggyu sees with his ability...]

'This type of text will be their inner thoughts'

*I kinda edited it a bit cuz when I reread it, it doesn't really make sense a bit... =_='