Hephephobia

TOUCH

It was just a normal PE lesson - with the exception of a lot of squeals and cheering from the girls in their class.

The boys decided to play a basketball match and divided into two groups. The first group was leaded by their class monitor, Cha Hakyeon with the nickname of N while the second group was leaded by Dongwoo himself.

As usual, the grumpy hamster didn't participate the game as he doesn't really like physical activities - especially with his gift, it'll be a pain in the for him to accidentally touch other people.

Woohyun got dragged by Dongwoo into his team and by the time they started playing, the score became 10-10 in just 5 minutes.

"As expected from the basketball team ace, he's really good," Woohyun said to Dongwoo. They were having a timeout break to hydrate themselves.

The said dino just grinned before replying, "For someone who rarely plays basketball, your skills are on par with him. Are you sure you're not lying to me that you've never been in a national basketball team?"

"I don't really involve myself with sports, to be honest. I do sports to make myself in shape. It's just that these kind of things feel natural for me," Woohyun grinned at Dongwoo.

"But then again, Hakyeon-ssi is a very good player and a unique one at that," Dongwoo stated.

"Do you mean the way he dodges anyone and never had physical contact?"

"Hahaha... Nothing escapes from your eyes, huh? Yeah, he has a trauma on physical touch or something like that."

"Hephephobia," Woohyun concluded.

Soon, the whistle was blown by their gym teacher, Mr. Oh and the match resumes. Their game continues when suddenly a group of students came. Another teacher appeared with them and approached Mr. Oh.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your class but I was given permission by the headmaster to take my players for practice," the basketball coach, Coach Baek explained.

"Oh, it's okay! I guess you also need to call out Cha Hakyeon?"

"Ah, ne. We will only be using half of the court so you can still carry out your class, Mr. Oh," Coach Baek proposed to Mr. Oh.

"Geurae. I think it's a great idea. Cha Hakyeon!" Mr. Oh called out the class president.

N came towards the teacher which pauses the class's game for a while.

"Your coach told me that the basketball club will be having practice right now. Go on. I'll tell your next class's subject teacher about your absence."

N bowed at Mr. Oh while saying thanks before heading to his team.

"We will stil continue the class, so keep on going with the game," Mr. Oh blowed his whistle thus continuing the match.

The current score was 30:25 where Dongwoo's team were in the lead. Woohyun was about to do a three-pointer when the girls made a commotion and bundled up to the opposite area of the gym.

The match abruptly stopped and both Woohyun and Dongwoo went where the crowd was formed. Woohyun slipped thru only to find N passed out on the ground.

"Everyone get back!" Woohyun tried to clear away the crowd and then rushed to the unconscious dark boy. He checked his pulse and any signs of the boy having a fever before decided to carry him to the infirmary.

(Timeskip)

Although Nurse Kang Soo had told Woohyun that the boy was fine, he insisted on waiting for him to wake up. He can't help feeling uneasy on what causes the boy to suddenly fainted since he showed no signs of exhaustion or anything similar to that.

After about half an hour, N opened his eyes slowly while trying to figure out his current predicament.

"Cha Hakyeon-ssi? Gwaenchanhayo?" The said man just nodded his head while trying to get up. Unintentionally, he touched his throat indicating that he was thirsty.

Woohyun saw the gesture and pour a glass of water for him. N accepted while meekly said thanks and gulped the whole glass.

As soon as he stopped drinking, the detective cautiously scanned him before asking away the question that he kept on agonizing over.

"Hakyeon-ssi. Do you mind telling what was the cause of you suddenly passed out? You looked fine before."

The questioned boy lowered his gaze while fiddling with the bed's blanket. Not long after, a certain dino and a grumpy hamster came into the infirmary.

"Woohyun-ah! We brought you your bag!" Dongwoo exclaimed happily. Woohyun smiled at the angelic dino's simple gesture before heading towards the duo.

As soon as he approached them, he talked to them in a low voice.

"Hyung. can you perhaps try to read Hakyeon-ssi? He seems to be having some problems and it seems that he doesn't to share what was it when I asked him."

Hearing this, Sunggyu got irritated.

"YAH! Who do you think I am?! Why would I want to help you?!" the boy shouted furiously.

Dongwoo quicly stepped on his hyung's foot, trying to silence him for a bit.

"Ackk! Yah, Jang Dong Woo!"

"Hyung, you made N uncomfortable with your shout earlier," Dongwoo half-whispered while pointing towards the boy that was sitting on the bed.

Sunggyu crossed his arms and huffed in annoyance. Dongwoo then whispered to Woohyun,"Hyun-ah. Do you forget that he got scared by physical touch? Even if Sunggyu-hyung wants to help you, it's impossible because N will definitely avoid any skin contacts."

The grumpy hamster glared at Dongwoo before begrudgingly told the detective boy about a possible way.

"I can read from his stuffs besides touching him directly," Sunggyu stated while looking away. Woohyun's face lits up from hearing the news.

"Okay then, I'll try to take one of his stuffs for you to read." Sunggyu faced Woohyun while raising his eyebrows.

"Isn't that stealing?" he questioned skeptically.

Witnessing the boy's ability to pick the lock made him doubted the younger on doing things the right way.

"Ayy, hyung. It's called borrowing, okay? I'm not that low," Woohyun whined at the elder's statement on stealing.

"You literally said take, Hyun-ah," Dongwoo deadpanned.

Woohyun cleared his throat before heading back near N.

"Hakyeon-ssi. Do you mind if I help retrieved your things from the classroom?" he suggested towards N. The boy just nodded slowly.

"Alright, then. Dongwoo-hyung will be accompanying you for a while then. I'll be going first," Woohyun leaves while signaling at Dongwoo which the latter got the message.

Sunggyu got dragged by the younger and both of them headed towards their classroom.

*To Be Continued* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi, there! It's me again, mayu_GRP38 ><

Sorry for the extremely super duper late update. It's been three years and my writing skills got worse each passing days. I'm sure that when you read this chapter, you would be highly disappointed..

Anyways, I decided to cut short the chapters from now on because I'm going to undergo a creative writing rehabilitation 😂😂 But no worries, the plot is still the same. It's just, the chapters will be a bit shorter than the previous chapters.

Anyways, stay safe and take care >< Some feedbacks would be appreciated... Thank you ❤️❤️