Side-story: I owe you

Whose fault is it anyway?

A/N: I've decided to condense the side stories into one story because I know how annoying it is to have a different story appear in between chapters. It's confusing. Anyways, I hope this story clears up the reason between Ki Bum and Yun Ri's close relationship, why Yun Ri is so adverse to going to Taiwan and why Key is so pissed when he saw Nick. BTW, yes Yun Ri used to be a sweet girl until the incident traumatized her into the person she is today.

Enjoy the side story!

===========================================================================

  It all started 3 years ago, right before Shinee debuted…

  “Yah, Ki Bum ah, why are you packing your things now?” A grouchy Yun Ri shouted from her seat in front of the computer table. “Just because!” Ki Bum answered irritably. Yes, Kim Ki Bum, the teenager from Daegu is finally going to debut in a week and SM has made them promise not to tell anyone, but on the other hand, he will have to move into the dorms soon, which means he needed to clean up all his junk in his cousin’s house and unfortunately for Ki Bum, the number of items he has in his possessions do take 1 week to clean up. Especially if you take into account all the intensified practices they have been having lately.

  “Oh I know!!” Yun Ri jumped from her chair, her honey-colored curls bouncing in her wake, “You’re going to debut!”Hearing her exclamation, Ki Bum immediately jumped up and replied a little too quickly, “I didn’t say that!” An all-knowing smirk graced Yun Ri’s face, “Ah, but your anxious reply just proved me right! Don’t worry I won’t tell~ You know I love you too much do that to you ne! Ki Bum oppa!” At the word love, Yun Ri promptly glomped her cousin affectionately. “Yah, how many times have I told you to not call me oppa! I’m only 3 freaking hours older than you.” “You’re weird, most guys would die to have me call them oppa.” Yun Ri pouted cutely. “You’re making me feel old,” Ki Bum complained. “Mehrong~” Yun Ri stuck out her tongue playfully and then proceeded to help the soon-to-be idol sort out his junk.

  2 hours into the packing, Yun Ri suddenly asked, “So, who are you debuting with?” “I’m not telling you anything,” Ki Bum answered without missing a beat and when he saw his cousin open to whine, he quickly changed the topic, “So how’s school?” “Good…Well actually…um…you know I’ve been learning Chinese right?” “Yes,” Ki Bum all but groaned, “Because my mom did not complain to me for hours about why I’m not learning Chinese when you are. ‘Ooo, Ki Bum ah, why can’t you be more like Yun Ri? She’s learning Chinese, why aren’t you learning Chinese?’ Che, because learning English isn’t enough.” He imitated his mother sarcastically. His reaction from Yun Ri was bursting laughter before she collected herself and complained, “I feel your pain, I had to listen to my mom ramble on for hours when you went on your summer camp to USA complaining to me as to why I’m not learning English like you, because English is, I quote, ‘the most international language in the world, unlike Chinese that is used only in China!’” The two cousins exchanged tired looks before bursting out into laughter.

  Straightening himself, Ki Bum brought the conversation back on track, “So what were you going to say before we started hating on our moms?” “Right, well I joined this Chinese-language club in school…” Yun Ri started slowly, a light blush rising to her cheeks. “And?” Her cousin set down the clothes he was folding in anticipation. “And um, last week we had a club outing…” She dragged on. Ki Bum rolled his eyes impatiently, “And!?” He growled at her, “And well uh…””JUST SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!” The future idol burst out, he liked being straight-forward and all this beating around the bush was annoying him greatly.

  “AndImetthisseniorwhoisreallyniceandheaskedmeoutonadatetopracticemychineseandhe’sjustreallycuteandohmygodIdon’tknowwhattodo!” The girl exhaled in one breath. Her cousin raised an eyebrow at her, “Darling, speak Korean.” Yun Ri took a deep breath and started again, “I said, I met this senior who is really nice and he asked me out on a date, just to you know, practice my Chinese, but I don’t know what to do. I mean, he’s the first guy who’s asked me out…” She trailed off shyly. Hearing this, Ki Bum’s eyes bugged out, “Are you serious!? And you didn’t tell me this! How could you! No actually scratch that, uncle and auntie sent you to Seoul to study since you were 13 and you’ve never had a boyfriend!? What have you been doing!?” Insulted, Yun Ri glared at him pointedly, “Studying maybe? I’ll have you know, I skipped a grade cause of my hardwork!” This time Ki Bum was the one who stuck his tongue out, “Che, nerd.” “Wannabe.” “I’ll have you know that I’ll be debuting in a week!” “HA! I made you say it!” Yun Ri cheered, noticing what he just said, Ki Bum smacked his own forehead, but he made a quick recovery, “So who’s this senior? Name? Age? Grade? Hobbies? Is he an ex-convict?”

  Yun Ri elbowed her cousin, “Be nice! His name is Nick Chung, he’s 21 years old, studying in Seoul University, his hobbies are photography and star-gazing and just for your information, no, he’s not an ex-convict.” “Holy , he’s 21!? He’s practically an ahjjusshi! He’s like what, 4 years older than you!? In fact, isn’t he too old to be in a high school club?” Ki Bum exclaimed. By this time, both teens have given up on packing and have taken to sitting down on the floor that was littered with clothes, each hugging a random stuffed toy. “That’s why I met him at a club outing? We were meeting graduates from our club. Oh right, I forgot to tell you, he’s from Taiwan! He’s a scholar!” Yun Ri said excitedly. Ki Bum ran his hand through Yun Ri’s curls affectionately while teasing her, “You are SO head over heels for this guy, my dear cousin. And it’s only been what, one meeting?” “We’ve been texting!” Yun Ri countered indignantly. Ki Bum smiled at his cousin’s cuteness and came to a decision, “Alright, I’ll help you for your date. You just need me to pick out clothes for you right?” Ki Bum was completely taken back when his cousin got on her knees and held both his hands with hers with stars in her eyes, “Oh my gosh! You would!? Thank you so much! Can you do my hair and makeup too? Please! Oh my gosh! I owe you Ki Bum oppa! Thank you thank you thank you!!!”

  Remembering how Yun Ri looked like when he first met her, he figured he HAD to help her. Seeing as when he first saw Yun Ri after he was recruited by SM, she was wearing an oversized jumper, long, straight but messy black hair and a pair of ‘mom-jeans’, all she needed was a pair of glasses to complete her nerd look. Thank goodness he was there to give her a make-over, which is why there is an adorable brunette with large curls, in a form-fitting sun dress sitting next to him. Ki Bum shuddered again at the mental picture of Yun Ri’s old look, it really was…horrifying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November-December 2008

  Kim Ki Bum, or now better known as Key, scrutinized the man across the table. Piercings? Two, one on each ear, check. Hair? Black, check. Teeth? White, no indications of smoking, check. Mannerism? Polite smile, sitting straight, overall courteous, check. “Ki Bum, can you please stop checking out my boyfriend?” Yun Ri said tiredly as she set down the last dish for the dinner tonight, she had brought Nick home to celebrate her entrance into Yonsei University, she invited her cousin out of courtesy but did not expect him to show up seeing as he had many year-end events to attend, but to her surprise, Ki Bum showed up at her doorstep right on time. “I’m doing this for your own good,” he replied, gaze unwavering. To his surprise, instead of Yun Ri admonishing him with another comeback, Nick replied instead, “Don’t worry. I know you don’t really approve of me, but I promise that I’ll take care of Yun Ri and prove to you that I’m worthy of her.” He even stood up and gave Ki Bum a 90 degree bow, which caused Ki Bum to be taken back, in Korean culture, elders almost never bow to their juniors. Sensing his sincerity, Ki Bum quickly waved him off, “Yea…no need to get so serious, I was just being…concerned. Yea, don’t worry about it.” Beside him, Yun Ri blushed scarlet at his words, though she has never had another boyfriend, somehow she knew, no one could be better than Nick.

  Dinner that night proceeded on smoothly; a couple of jokes were shared, mostly by Ki Bum about other idols in the industry while Yun Ri cousin about Jongkey fanservice, to which his reply was, “Blame it on Lee Soo Man! It’s his idea! I swear that guy is NOT STRAIGHT.” By the time the celebratory dinner ended, Ki Bum have completely approved of Nick as Yun Ri’s boyfriend. Especially after the maturity Nick displayed when he announced that he will be sleeping over at Yun Ri’s tonight instead of going back to the dorms. Instead of becoming jealous or worried, Nick merely patted Yun Ri’s head and his shoulder and told the two of them to take care and not stay up too late. Perhaps because of this, Ki Bum was not even remotely disturbed when the two kissed before Nick left.

  In bed at night, Ki Bum laid on his side of the bed while Yun Ri laid on the other, the line between them divided by a giant Stitch stuffed toy. “Are you asleep yet?” Yun Ri asked. “You want to talk?” Ki Bum replied, he was not really sleepy because of the nap he took on the way to her house. “Yea” “What do you want to talk about?” Ki Bum asked, now sitting up. “I don’t know,” Yun Ri said while sitting up as well. Ki Bum laughed softly at her reply, “Aigoo, Yun Ri ah…you’re so cute. Well, I’ve been wanting to ask actually, how come you never call him yeobo, jagiya or anything besides oppa? You call him oppa even when you guys speak Chinese.” Though the room was dark, Ki Bum could see Yun Ri’s blush clear as day, “He…he says he likes it best when I call him oppa. So that’s like my nickname for him…” “Aish…foreigners,” Ki Bum shook his head slowly, not quite comprehending Nick’s logic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 2009

  “Don’t worry baby, there’s always next year. It’s not like you didn’t study for it, you just don’t have the time,” Jong Hyun said softly to his boyfriend who was sulking in his embrace. Ki Bum had finally graduated high school but due to Shinee’s busy schedule he had to give the CSAT a miss. While he was not too upset about it, his parents, or more specifically, his mother was. It did not help that Yun Ri who her mother is always comparing him to, skipped a grade is already in her first year of college. He hated being the only son of the eldest son in a family. What is wrong with having a successful career as a singer instead of a doctor or a lawyer? Sometimes, he just cannot understand adult’s mentality. “Baby? Talk to me please?” Jong Hyun cupped Ki Bum’s face and turned it to face him. For a moment, the two just stared at each other, drinking in each other’s presence, but under Jong Hyun’s intensive stare, Ki Bum finally begin to blush and he quickly broke the moment by sticking his tongue out at Jong Hyun, “Mehrong~” Burying his red face in Jong Hyun’s chest, Ki Bum felt himself blush stronger as he heard Jong Hyun’s laugh rumble in his chest. The romantic moment however, was rudely broken by the ringing of Ki Bum’s handphone.

  Ki Bum immediately froze, worried that it was his mother who was calling again to rant about him missing the CSAT exam. His boyfriend reached to grab the phone instead and checked the caller ID before passing the phone to Ki Bum, “It’s Yun Ri.” Sighing in relief, Ki Bum picked up the phone, “Yeobuseyo?” “Ki Bum! Are you ok? I heard from my mom that you were getting yelled at for missing the CSATs! Why is auntie so stubborn! You’re having a wonderful career now, you can take the exam 10 if not 20 years later, it’ll never run away, unlike your schedules. Aigo, adults…Don’t be sad ok? I’m proud of you and-“ “Yun Ri, Jong Hyun said all that already,” Ki Bum said in a dead-panned tone, on purpose of course, he was glad that his cousin was supportive of him. On the other hand, he also knew that Yun Ri was not the type to call him, especially if she knew that he was with Jong Hyun unless something was up. “So, what’s up?” He heard his cousin chuckle over the line, “I can’t hide anything from Ki Bum oppa can I?” The rapper of Shinee grinned at the use of ‘oppa’, after Yun Ri begin to call Nick oppa, she rarely calls anyone oppa, preferring to address people as, -sshi or sunbae instead. Lucky for her, she did not have many male friends, so she could pretty much get away with it. “Well, remember last month I told you that Nick proposed to me?” Ki Bum rolled his eyes and made himself comfortable in Jong Hyun’s arms, this might be a long phone call. Already used to the two cousin’s extensively calling, Jong Hyun wrapped his arms around Ki Bum and got comfortable as well.

  “Yes, how can I forget, you only screamed about it over the phone for like 3 hours, the entire house heard you!” “Hey, be fair, you were the one who put me on loudspeaker,” Yun Ri argued. Wanting to spend more quality time with his boyfriend, Ki Bum decided to not get into another friendly bicker with Yun Ri, “Anyhow, what are you getting at?” “He wants me to go to Taiwan and meet his friends and family this holiday. I mean, you know that he’s graduated right? So yea, I’ll go with him to settle a few things so that he can come back here and work and wait for me to graduate and then we can you know, maybe get married?” “So you’re going to Taiwan with him, for how long?” “Um, about the entire holiday?” Yun Ri replied sheepishly. “What, you need me to house-sit?” Ki Bum asked, not quite understanding what she is getting at. “Not exactly, I was hoping you could cover for me while I’m gone, you know tell my mom I’m doing an photography project somewhere for a while or something, I mean she doesn’t call me much anymore anyway so it shouldn’t be a problem…”

  ‘Right, Yun Ri is working as a freelance photographer at the encouragement of Nick…’ Ki Bum’s thoughts trailed off but then he wondered back to why she even needed him to cover for her. After some quick thinking he came to a conclusion, “You haven’t told your parents about Nick proposing to you have you?” “I told dad…” Yun Ri said, trying to sound justified but failing miserably. “Darling, your parents are divorced, your dad is in California, he doesn’t count,” Ki Bum told her pointedly. He heard Yun Ri sigh, “I know, but I can’t tell her, not when they just got divorced half a year ago! She’ll flip!” The idol pictured the scenario of Yun Ri telling her mother that she was proposed to and imagined every possible outcome, gathering that none of them is likely to end well, he relented, “Alright, I’ll cover for you, but when you come back you better sort out your mom. And don’t come back pregnant you hear me!” “Yes mom~” Yun Ri joked, but the changed her tone to a more serious one, “Thanks Ki Bum, I owe you one.” He laughed at that, “Darling, you owe me a lot more than one, there’s the make-over, helping you on your first date…” “Oh no! The line is going bad, I’m losing you, bye!” Yun Ri quickly cut him off. Ki Bum looked at his phone and laughed, setting it down, he quickly circled his arms around Jong Hyun’s neck, “So yeobo, where were we?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late March 2010

  Yun Ri stood at the gantry, staring at the girl, no, woman in front of her in disbelief. She turned to look at her boyfriend, no, her ex-boyfriend, waiting for him to say something, anything. Even a desperate, ‘Look I can explain!’ Will be good, but he kept quiet, an awkward smile on his face. Their mutual friend, Kathy stared at the scene, both stunned and anxious.

Flashback-Moments ago (FYI: All the following conversations happen in Chinese)

  Yun Ri have been waiting at departure hall for over 30 minutes, “If oppa doesn’t come fast then we won’t make it for the flight!” Just as she said that to Kathy, in ran Nick, who was completely empty-handed, but Yun Ri just assumed that he had no hand luggage and his passport was probably in his pocket. “Sorry for the wait,” Nick said between breaths. “No, it’s ok! Come on lets go, we’ll be late for our flight!” She replied cheerfully and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the check point. To her surprise, he shook her hand off and stood unmoving. “Yun Ri, I’m sorry, I can’t go with you.” For a moment, stunned silence drowned out the bustling sounds of the airport in Yun Ri’s head. “You..what, you can’t go? Why?” It had to be a joke right?

  “I was offered a position in Warner Music Taiwan, and I’ve…accepted, so I’m sorry I can’t go with you to Korea, you understand right? I haven’t even started looking for jobs in Korea and I can’t guarantee that I’ll find one, so to be safe I’ve decided to accept the offer,” Nick explained slowly. Yun Ri knew she should be angry, upset or even furious, but she just could not bring herself to hate the man before her, “I…I understand. Besides, you can’t help it if it’s last minute right? It is last minute isn’t it?” “Well, yea, kind of, they contacted me just last week,” Nick said almost guiltily. He expected his girlfriend to explode on him, but she just smiled sadly and took a deep breath before giving him a tight hug, “It’s ok, I understand, this kind of news is hard to break. I don’t blame you, I’m just a little sad that I won’t seeing you for a while. I’ll miss you oppa.” Yes Yun Ri understood, because she too could not tell her mom that Nick has proposed to her. Nick returned her hug half-heartedly, “Don’t worry, I’ll try to visit.” In reply, Yun Ri gave him her brightest smile. Kathy watched on, angry on Yun Ri’s behalf but remained silent out of respect. The two broke the hug and stood there, both unsure of what to say, until a woman with honey colored hair in big curls ran up and hugged Nick from behind.

  “Honey! I know you told me to wait in the car, but you’re taking so long and the restaurant you booked for our date called to rush us and…oh! Is she the junior you’re talking about! She’s so cute, like a little kid!” Yun Ri and Kathy stood frozen the appearance of the unknown woman, they both averted their eyes to Nick, who was smiling awkwardly. The woman continued to ramble on by herself, “How rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself! I’m Ai Ling (艾玲) but you can call me Lyn! Man, I was so worried when Nick said he had to look after his Junior who came to visit Taiwan, you know, don’t want him cheating on me, but seeing you now, I feel totally at ease now, you’re too young, Nick’s type is mature women you see,” Lyn whacked Nick playfully and went on to speak, “But you totally remind me of myself when I’m younger, we even have the same hair! I’m sure you’ll grow up to be a beautiful young woman and bag yourself a hot guy!”

  Under normal circumstances, Yun Ri would have clicked right away with someone as bubbly as Lyn but given the situation…The pieces finally all fell into place. Yun Ri had wondered why Nick kept postponing her meeting with his family, it almost seemed as if he was trying to keep her from meeting them, but she cast it aside, he would not do that to her. Seeing Lyn now she knew why.

End flashback

  Yun Ri honestly wanted to shout in the woman’s face, “He was cheating on you! With me!” But her voice would not come out, she was simply too…overwhelmed by the theatrics of it all. These things happen in movies, novels, dramas, not real life. The only word she could manage was, “Mmm..” Regaining some sense, Kathy put her arms around Yun Ri and she signaled Nick with her eyes to get rid of Lyn immediately. “Baby,” Nick began and Kathy felt Yun Ri stiffen, “Go back to the car will you and tell the restaurant to postpone the reservation a little later? I’ll pay for it, I’ve got a couple things to settle with my junior here, she’s helping me with my house and some legalities in Korea you see, I don’t want you to stand here and wait for too long since you’re in heels and all…” Lyn nodded and pecked Nick on the lips before skipping off.

  “What was that all about!” Kathy shouted, ignoring the weird stares from passer bys. “I…Look, there’s a reason for this,” Nick sputtered. “We’re waiting,” Kathy glared while holding Yun Ri protectively. “I-” Nick began but was cut off by the PA system, “Last call for flight KR475 to Seoul, Korea, all passengers please proceed to gate 48 now, I repeat…” “,” Kathy cursed as she released the zombified Yun Ri from her hold, “Are you ok, can you make it to the plane by yourself?” Yun Ri nodded numbly, Kathy sighed and reached for Yun Ri’s phone that was in her hands. She opened up the phone book and scrolled down to Ki Bum’s name, or what she thought was Ki Bum’s name, “What does this say?” She pointed the screen at Nick. “Ki Bummie,” He replied. She dialed the number.

  In Korea, Almighty Key was snuggling in bed with his boyfriend, enjoying their well-deserved break after their Singapore activities. Suddenly, his phone rang. “Yeobuseyo, Yun Ri, what’s up?” “You uh..you Ki Bum? Yun Ri cousin?” An unfamiliar voice came through the line, speaking very broken English. “Yes I am, you are?” Ki Bum replied in English, a groggy Jong Hyun sat up, woken up by the noise. “Me is Yun Ri friend. She, uh…bad thing uh….happened to her. Yes. Bad thing. Please take her from airport. Her plane is KR475.” Hearing that something bad has happened to Yun Ri, Ki Bum quickly jumped up and scribbled the flight number down, “KR475?” “Yes.” “Thank you.” “You’re welcome.” Ki Bum hurriedly stood up to get his laptop to check the flight’s arrival time. “What wrong?” A concerned Jong Hyun asked, “Something happened to Yun Ri, I’ll have to pick her up from the airport, can you help my tell manager hyung that I’ll probably not be coming home tonight?” The rapper said as he copied down the arrival time and terminal number. Jong Hyun nodded and hugged his worried boyfriend from behind, “Calm down babe, everything will be fine. Maybe she just sprained her ankle or something yea?” Ki Bum nodded unsurely, “I hope so…” But deep inside he knew things would not be this easy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  It has been a week since Ki Bum picked up a zombified Yun Ri from the airport. The only coherent piece of information he got out of her was, “We broke up.” Since then, she had confined herself to her room, refusing to eat, sleep or drink. Ki Bum had to force feed her, drag her to the shower and listen to her cry herself to sleep every night. Yes, Ki Bum had temporarily moved back in with Yun Ri again, much to the annoyance of Shinee’s manager, but thankfully Shinee and Ki Bum did not have much schedules as they have concluded their comeback not too long ago. Seeing Yun Ri’s very broken state, the first thing Ki Bum did was call Nick, who, to his surprise actually picked up the phone. He had half expected the man to avoid his calls or any calls from Korea for that matter.

  Turns out Lyn was Nick’s girlfriend before he went to Korea to study, not knowing how to break up with her (because Nick doesn’t believe in long-distance relationships), he just left her hanging. Assuming that she was over him, he decided to date Yun Ri after meeting her because she reminded him of Lyn. Ki Bum wanted to murder the man over the phone when he still had the guts to say, “But I honestly loved Yun Ri, or else I wouldn’t have proposed to her, I really would have married her, but…” After going back to Taiwan for the first time in 4 years, he met up with Lyn and they somehow rekindled their relationship and as Nick’s parents have always been very fond of Lyn, they urged him to marry her. Throwing in his new job offer, Nick did not know how and did not dare break the news to Yun Ri until the last minute. Though enraged, especially about the airport incident, Ki Bum was somewhat relieved that he at least understood the reason behind Yun Ri’s condition.

  As one week turned into two, school was reopened, but Yun Ri’s condition has not improved one bit, the only improvement was that she had stopped crying, but it did not change the fact that she refused to eat or speak. In fact, Ki Bum preferred her crying because at least then, she would sleep, every night he walked into the room to check up on his cousin, Ki Bum would find her staring blankly at the wall, just staring. Taking it upon himself to look after her, despite his schedules, Ki Bum would return to Yun Ri’s house every single day, feed her, look after her and make sure she was ok. He had taken all of Nick’s things and anything that was a momento from their relationship and threw them out, called Yonsei University and Yun Ri’s professor’s to excuse her from class. He only ever returned to Shinee dorms to pick up a change of clothes, the fatigue and worry on his face was evident to everyone and Jong Hyun could not have been more concerned.

  Contrary to popular beliefs, Yun Ri saw and knew everything her cousin had done for her and finally, one day, after having Ki Bum collapse on her out of exhaustion while feeding her, Yun Ri snapped herself back to reality. “, what have I been doing…” She wolfed down the plate of fruits Ki Bum had cut for her and with much difficulty out her cousin to bed properly. “I’m sorry Ki Bum opp-” Yun Ri choked on the word oppa as memories flooded her mind at the thought of the word. She swallowed and continued, “ I’m sorry for being so much trouble. I’m really sorry. Guess I owe you don’t I?” And it was then, Kim Yun Ri decided that she would go to the pits of hell to pay Ki Bum back. She owes him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue

  Ki Bum woke up in cold sweat and looked around Yun Ri’s apartment. “Yun Ri, where are you?” He called out when he found the room empty. Not getting a reply, he frantically got up and searched the house, it did not help his nerves to find Yun Ri’s closet practically empty. Finally, hee found a note on the dining table, ‘Hey Ki Bum, don’t worry, I just need to go out and settle a few things, I’m sorry for all the trouble I caused you the past two weeks. I’ll be home soon. Thanks, for everything. Love, Yun Ri.’ Breathing out a huge sigh of relief, he heard the lock to the door of the house turn open and watched as Yun Ri, at least he thinks the person is Yun Ri, walk in. “Hey, did you just wake up?” She greeted him with a small smile, Ki Bum nodded dumbly. The face of the person before him was his cousin’s alright, but her honey colored hair has been dyed a jet black and instead of curls, she now sported a shaggy wolf cut, her sweet outfit was replaced by a leather jacket and black skinny jeans. Sensing Ki Bum’s prolonged stare, Yun Ri finally said, “Yea, I figured I needed a make-over, sorry to ruin all your hard work but I mean I didn’t do too bad this time right?” All Ki Bum could manage was a shake of his head, while her new look was nice, it was still too drastic a change for him to digest. As usual, his phone decided to choose this moment to break the silence. Still processing his cousin’s change, Yun Ri got the phone for him, “It’s Jong Hyun opp-” She stopped at the word oppa again. Ki Bum gathered his wits as he heard his cousin choke on that word, he waited for her to cry, break down into tears, something. Much to his surprise, Yun Ri took a deep breath and smiled, “Yah, your lover’s calling.” Feeling as though the 14 days of stress and worry have finally paid off, Ki Bum snatched the phone from her and walked into Yun Ri’s bedroom for some quality time with his boyfriend on the phone.

  Since that day on, Ki Bum has never heard Yun Ri address any guy as ‘oppa’ ever again.

  Thus, everything went back to normal, until October 26th2010 that is.